The "Podcasts" app, by Joshua Netterfield, has been updated.

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...ntent/20399861

This is a paid app that I've been using since I got my Z10 a few weeks ago. I listen to a lot of podcasts, so it's important to me to have a good app.

This app does the things you expect a podcast app to do. It downloads new episodes automatically and gives the user the option to choose to download only over wifi. It also has a setting to delete automatically after listening. This makes it a pretty low-maintenance app, which is how I want it. I like to be able to press Play when I get in the car and have it resume whatever podcast I was listening to before, then delete it and move to the next downloaded one, without my having to do anything.

The update mainly affects the UI, as far as I can tell, but it's helpful. It's now possible to get summary info about the podcast channel and about individual episodes, which you couldn't do before. I think there's still no way to have the downloads stored on the SD card, which is a definite drawback. If there is a way, I haven't found it yet. If you have multiple podcast subscriptions, and you choose to have the latest several from each subscription downloaded to your handheld, you could use up a lot of memory pretty fast. It's not a problem for me at the moment, since I don't have a lot of stuff loaded on my Z10, but I can see how it could be a problem for some.

The new screen for browsing featured podcasts and categories has been updated, and the change makes it easier to use and more visually appealing. The "My Library" screen now shows all downloaded episodes and a "load more" option for each subscription. This is very functional but aesthetically leaves something to be desired. I'm not sure what I'd suggest but I think it needs work.

On the whole, this is a useful and fully functional app. The podcast search tool works well. I think it's worth the price of $US 1.99. I was happy to see the update and hope for more.
    amp323 likes this.
    04-12-13 10:40 AM
    Nice review! And I agree this is a great app to have!
    04-18-13 11:41 AM
    Reinstalled it and deleted soon after. I find it hard work to use, unlike apples podcast app and the old blackberry one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    04-18-13 11:48 AM
    Hey man, thanks to this app I'm selling my Ipod touch. Love the app thank you.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 01:03 AM
    Reinstalled it and deleted soon after. I find it hard work to use, unlike apples podcast app and the old blackberry one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    I agree. I have this app and I use it because there are no other alternatives, but the navigation is unintuitive.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 10:17 AM