Blackberry has, without my authorization, begun selling my apps, SynerGV and XO-Subsonic Commander for the BB10 platform. They are no longer paying me for sales of these apps, even though they are selling. Better yet, the apps don't even work on the BB10 platform, and have undergone exactly zero testing.

I cannot edit or update the apps to remove BB10 from their available platforms, nor do my developer tools for either playbook or BB10 function properly anymore.

Buying either of those apps, currently, on BB10 is completely at your own risk. I have no ability whatsoever to even fix the problems with the apps, because of the problems with the dev tools.

This makes one seriously wonder how many other completely untested, non functional, and unauthorized apps were just jammed into the system.
    Davidro1 likes this.
    04-26-13 01:38 AM
    How are they selling them if you didn't submit them to BB world? I'm confused...

And you can't ask them to pull them? That's pretty lousy...
    04-26-13 02:01 AM
    This is messed up. Borders on software piracy, if it is true.

Posted via CB10 on my Zed10
    04-26-13 02:30 AM
    How are they selling them if you didn't submit them to BB world? I'm confused...

And you can't ask them to pull them? That's pretty lousy...
    As far as I know they are his apps, originally on Google's Android platform. An 'pirate' may of converted the apk file, into a bar, made a fake account on BB World, and uploaded the app.
    They could, as far as we know, put malicious material, in it. Blackberry is secure, but not everything is truly protected.
    This is the problem with side-loading and android conversion.
    04-26-13 02:46 AM
    Eric, you don't need developer tools to stop people downloading them. Just log in to the vendor portal and click "Remove from sale".
    04-26-13 05:49 AM
    As far as I know they are his apps, originally on Google's Android platform. An 'pirate' may of converted the apk file, into a bar, made a fake account on BB World, and uploaded the app.
    They could, as far as we know, put malicious material, in it. Blackberry is secure, but not everything is truly protected.
    This is the problem with side-loading and android conversion.
    Actually his apps were originally developed for webOS and are listed in BBW with his name. I own the PlayBook version of SynerGV and it works fine. Currently it does not show up in BBW on my AT&T Z10. The other app mentioned does show up for purchase on my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 05:56 AM
    Blackberry has, without my authorization, begun selling my apps, SynerGV and XO-Subsonic Commander for the BB10 platform. They are no longer paying me for sales of these apps, even though they are selling. Better yet, the apps don't even work on the BB10 platform, and have undergone exactly zero testing.

I cannot edit or update the apps to remove BB10 from their available platforms, nor do my developer tools for either playbook or BB10 function properly anymore.

Buying either of those apps, currently, on BB10 is completely at your own risk. I have no ability whatsoever to even fix the problems with the apps, because of the problems with the dev tools.

This makes one seriously wonder how many other completely untested, non functional, and unauthorized apps were just jammed into the system.

Can't you just remove them from Sale?

PM me if you want assistance in taking the apps away from the vendor portal
    04-26-13 06:44 AM
    That's terrible. I really don't see why you can't remove it from sale

Also I notice there's a free version too. Looks pirated. Snh

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 07:41 AM
    Actually his apps were originally developed for webOS and are listed in BBW with his name. I own the PlayBook version of SynerGV and it works fine. Currently it does not show up in BBW on my AT&T Z10. The other app mentioned does show up for purchase on my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    There is also a Android Version, I've check on Google Play.
    Not sure of that is a unofficial port, though.
    04-26-13 04:14 PM
    No, they were both available for PlayBook, and then BlackBerry made at least XO available for BB10, without my permission. They sent me an email stating that they were doing so automatically, I told them not to. I haven't been able to login to the developer portal or use the developer tools for months. (SynerGV is also available for Android, but the PlayBook version is a port of the webOS version not a repackaged Android IPK .. )
    04-27-13 10:41 AM
    I think there may be some misunderstanding here. I would suggest contacting BlackBerry directly as I cannot see them knowingly doing this without authorization.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 10:47 AM
    I think there may be some misunderstanding here. I would suggest contacting BlackBerry directly as I cannot see them knowingly doing this without authorization.

Given his comment about how they stated it was being done "automatically", I'd say that you may be wrong about the authorization thing.

Very interested to see how many other developers have had the same thing happen.
    Davidro1 likes this.
    04-27-13 12:04 PM
    FWIW: As of the moment, I get no results when attempting to search for the following strings in the "apps" section of BBW on my Verizon Z10:

• SynerGV
    • XO-Subsonic
    04-27-13 12:07 PM
    FWIW: As of the moment, I get no results when attempting to search for the following strings in the "apps" section of BBW on my Verizon Z10:

• SynerGV
    • XO-Subsonic
    The second app is named XO: Subsonic Commander. Try a search on "subsonic".

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 12:27 PM
    The second app is named XO: Subsonic Commander. Try a search on "subsonic".
    Ah, there it is. $2.99 from "Eric Blade". And a 1-star review too, stating that instead of showing a video, it opens a Bing site. Ugh.

I can certainly sympathize with his predicament.
    04-27-13 12:32 PM
    BlackBerry did say long long time ago, that they would "automagically" convert most Playbook apps, to BB10.

but it should only be a matter for you to get into vendor portal and remove BB10 from supported devices - or remove the binary from BB10....

If you have not gotten access to your Vendor account for "months" - have you not been in touch with BlackBerry to have that resolved?

Send mail to [email protected] and have it sorted out... - or as I said earlier - PM me and I will assist.
    04-27-13 12:42 PM
    I find this very strange. I received myself such an email about "automatically made available for BB10". I wrote them not to do it because I was just working for a better port. There was no problem, they confirmed the apps won't be made available for BB10 as I requested, and they weren't.

OP, did you lost your vendor credentials and cannot log on to your vendor account? BlackBerry Developer Program Team was not responsive?

My relations with BlackBerry Developer Program Team have been great.
    04-27-13 12:48 PM
    Given his comment about how they stated it was being done "automatically", I'd say that you may be wrong about the authorization thing.

Very interested to see how many other developers have had the same thing happen.
    Yep BlackBerry announced ahead of the release of the BlackBerry Z10 that BlackBerry PlayBook applications would be automatically migrated to BlackBerry OS 10 by BlackBerry. I clearly recall reading the announcement and I think CrackBerry had an article about it too.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    Davidro1 likes this.
    04-27-13 06:52 PM
    Message @asaunders @blackberrydev or contact BlackBerry direct through the report tab and ask to have it removed. Sorry to hear about that I would hate for developers to lose out on income to pirated non working versions that are unauthorized.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    04-27-13 07:03 PM
    I guess the OP should speak to the other developers that posted in this thread about being able to navigate through this automatic transition rather than throw an accusation out at blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    Vivda5 likes this.
    04-27-13 07:12 PM
    No, they were both available for PlayBook, and then BlackBerry made at least XO available for BB10, without my permission. They sent me an email stating that they were doing so automatically, I told them not to. I haven't been able to login to the developer portal or use the developer tools for months. (SynerGV is also available for Android, but the PlayBook version is a port of the webOS version not a repackaged Android IPK .. )
    Did you sign over the software rights to BlackBerry? Either knowingly or unknowingly?

04-27-13 09:06 PM
    I say tweet Alec Saunders and ask him to do something...
    04-27-13 09:16 PM
    The developer who posted these goes by Darshan. Looking at his other apps, it appears that something fishy is going on. Most of them have no reviews. I also noticed that there is one called FiveBooks (v1) and the icon has been stolen from Book Reader.
    04-27-13 11:35 PM
    BlackBerry does not sell apps (unless BlackBerry is listed as the vendor, e.g. BlackBerry Travel). BlackBerry World is a storefront for vendors. I agree that BlackBerry needs to do a better job at vetting apps to make sure pirated apps don't make it into BlackBerry World.

I checked BB World and I think the apps are being pirated, rather than being automatically ported over.

You should follow the instructions at the link here: BlackBerry - How to Report Copyright and Trademark Violations on BlackBerry App World - Canada
    04-28-13 12:03 AM
    BlackBerry does not sell apps (unless BlackBerry is listed as the vendor, e.g. BlackBerry Travel). BlackBerry World is a storefront for vendors. I agree that BlackBerry needs to do a better job at vetting apps to make sure pirated apps don't make it into BlackBerry World.

I checked BB World and I think the apps are being pirated, rather than being automatically ported over.

You should follow the instructions at the link here: BlackBerry - How to Report Copyright and Trademark Violations on BlackBerry App World - Canada
    Exactly!

04-28-13 08:11 AM
28 12