Ok. I'm a reasonably tech literate guy, but I cannot get either of my 2 yr old wifi printers (an HP and a Canon) set-up properly to work on PlayCloud. In a future release there needs to be some way to scan the network for connected printers and eliminate all this manual host IP data entry configuration. Other than that, the app is a great work in progress for consolidating all your cloud data management locations.
    04-02-13 08:34 AM
    The thing is some printers work with play cloud some don't. So you don't know whether it's you didn't set up correctly or the printer just doesn't work with play cloud.

Posted via CB10
    jstirtzinger likes this.
    04-02-13 10:36 AM
    The thing is some printers work with play cloud some don't. So you don't know whether it's you didn't set up correctly or the printer just doesn't work with play cloud.
    Posted via CB10
    Exactly! It's like it was built to only be used by Sys Admins and their command line view of the world! :-)
    04-02-13 02:20 PM
    Exactly! It's like it was built to only be used by Sys Admins and their command line view of the world! :-)
    It's actually non-trivial to get a large number of very different printers working for printing from a smartphone that has no built-in printer support in the OS.

The fact that Playcloud - whose main function has nothing to do with printing - includes this feature is just a bonus, to me.

If you want an app that is likely to work with your printer right away - assuming it has decent and modern network printing support - then I suggest PrintHand.
    moody and nicklas79 like this.
    04-16-14 07:44 PM