Hi,

Several PlayCloud users have requested the "open remote files feature". Of course, it's on my roadmap. And it should be released in the next release v2.6.0.

To confirm, I describe my implementation :

To open a remote file as a doc, xls... or photo, I need to download the file in local to be able to open with Documents To Go (or others). But download can be long !
    So, when you tap on "open" icon, I'll download the document in background.
    You will be able to control the download progress from the transfers view (as for copy, move, print...)
    When the download is completed, a notification is shown ; and you can open the document.

It permits to request and open several files and continue to use the application.

PlayCloud 10 - more simple cloud access...-o_001.pngPlayCloud 10 - more simple cloud access...-o_002.png
    PlayCloud 10 - more simple cloud access...-o_003.pngPlayCloud 10 - more simple cloud access...-o_004.png

Nicolas
    Last edited by nicklas79; 03-17-13 at 12:07 PM. Reason: Add screenshots
    TheSniPpeR, Wolfgan and sala7 like this.
    03-16-13 03:36 PM
    this new feature will be awesome and so usefull !!
    i'm hurry to get it in the BlackBerry World

Very Nice Job Nico !!
    03-17-13 12:07 PM
    I just want to say that I noticed PlayCloud is integrated with Pictures in the Z10. I was attempting to email a picture that I had selected in Pictures, and was pleasantly surprised to see PlayCloud as an option. I haven't set up a Cloud account to fully appreciate what this app can do, but soon I will get there. :-)
    nicklas79 likes this.
    03-18-13 08:38 AM
    Ok
    I understand cloud/box storage sort of
    Why should I use cloud?
    Are pics readily available?
    How easy is this to use and speed
    03-18-13 08:29 PM
    Ok
    I understand cloud/box storage sort of
    Why should I use cloud?
    Are pics readily available?
    How easy is this to use and speed
    Cloud permits several things... :
    a) you can increase the available storage size ; you aren't limited to z10 storage size
    b) you can easily work on your documents from several devices
    c) you can backup - cloud is more safe than a single hard drive !
    d) your data are always available for you even if you haven't your devices with you - need only a web browser and enjoy
    e) you can share your media with your contacts. Take a video, use Movie Maker Upload the result on your cloud ; and now share only a link to the media thank's to PlayCloud.

Nicolas
    sala7 likes this.
    03-19-13 06:01 PM
    I have several directories with over 1500 pictures in each of them. These directories only load a small portion of the files in them and don't display the rest. Smaller directories with less pictures display fine but the larger ones don't.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-13 11:22 AM
    I have several directories with over 1500 pictures in each of them. These directories only load a small portion of the files in them and don't display the rest. Smaller directories with less pictures display fine but the larger ones don't.

Posted via CB10
    On which cloud do you have over 1500 files ? (or in local ?)

Nicolas
    03-20-13 01:33 PM
    They are on my sd card. It only shows the first 60 or so files. In my pictures app and native BlackBerry file browser they all show.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-13 02:47 PM
    They are on my sd card. It only shows the first 60 or so files. In my pictures app and native BlackBerry file browser they all show.
    Few users have already requested this issue. On the SD-Card, some files aren't visible from PlayCloud. I wait my device to reproduce this issue and fix it quickly... Maybe files permissions.

Nicolas
    sala7 likes this.
    03-20-13 03:00 PM
    Few users have already requested this issue. On the SD-Card, some files aren't visible from PlayCloud. I wait my device to reproduce this issue and fix it quickly... Maybe files permissions.

Nicolas
    Also a few of the folders inside those folders with over 1000 pics aren't being shown either. I have also noticed in any folder that has the issue of not displaying all the files, all the thumbnails are wrong for each photo.

Update: some folders with 100-200 pica are doing it too. I can't find any connection or reason for some of the folders doing this

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Gspot37; 03-20-13 at 11:26 PM.
    03-20-13 03:04 PM
    Is there any way to add a second account of one type, for example, two different Drive accounts? I have a personal one and a work one.
    jonty12 likes this.
    03-21-13 11:28 PM
    Also a few of the folders inside those folders with over 1000 pics aren't being shown either. I have also noticed in any folder that has the issue of not displaying all the files, all the thumbnails are wrong for each photo.

Update: some folders with 100-200 pica are doing it too. I can't find any connection or reason for some of the folders doing this
    I won't have my Z10 for about another week so I'm not in a good position to be an expert on BB10 in this respect, but it can take quite a while for various OS's to scan folders and generate thumbnails for image files in there, and they may only do that on an actual access of that folder. Did you wait a while to see if the thumbnails got all generated/corrected?
    03-21-13 11:57 PM
    Is there any way to add a second account of one type, for example, two different Drive accounts? I have a personal one and a work one.
    Multi-account feature is on the roadmap

Indeed, this feature is usefull, mainly for FTP, WebDAV accounts

Nicolas
    polgara59 likes this.
    03-22-13 01:39 AM
    I won't have my Z10 for about another week so I'm not in a good position to be an expert on BB10 in this respect, but it can take quite a while for various OS's to scan folders and generate thumbnails for image files in there, and they may only do that on an actual access of that folder. Did you wait a while to see if the thumbnails got all generated/corrected?
    Yes I waited all day and nothing. It's doing it in multiple folders. Some have only 30 pics others have over 1000. I moved all the files off the sd card and formatted the card. Then copied all the files back to the sd card. Even more folders are having this problem then before formatting the card. The pictures app and file manager app sees them all no problem so this problem is isolated to your program only. Kind of makes the program useless to me if I can't see any of my files.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 10:36 AM
    Yes I waited all day and nothing. It's doing it in multiple folders. Some have only 30 pics others have over 1000. I moved all the files off the sd card and formatted the card. Then copied all the files back to the sd card. Even more folders are having this problem then before formatting the card. The pictures app and file manager app sees them all no problem so this problem is isolated to your program only. Kind of makes the program useless to me if I can't see any of my files.

Posted via CB10
    The issue isn't linked to files number... With few items you can get it. Of course with many items, it's easier to see.

On my Dev Alpha I didn't have a SD-card reader. So I couldn't test.

You have moved the files with wich app ? PlayCloud ?
    If PlayCloud, can you test copy operation instead of move ?

Can you test to move files with the native file manager ? and look at if you can see items with PlayCloud after ?

Nicolas
    03-23-13 06:57 AM
    I moved the files with the native file manager because I can not see them with play cloud ever.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 08:25 AM
    I moved the files with the native file manager because I can not see them with play cloud ever.
    Do you have tried to copy instead of move ?

Nicolas
    03-23-13 08:44 AM
    I have tried copying, tried moving.. I even formatted the media card and copied a directory of pictures off my computer to the sd card and they don't show in play cloud. The files on the device show however the sd card doesn't.

Posted via CB10
    nicklas79 likes this.
    03-23-13 10:05 AM
    Hi,

BlackBerry 10 is just launched on the US marke ; so just for you I has implemented a new feature (requested by a lof of PlayCloud users) :

Multi-open remote file

Now, the "open with..." item is enabled on the cloud view ; and you can ask to open a document. The document is downloaded in background. You can control and monitor the process in the transfer view. Then when the document is ready you are notified.

PlayCloud 10 - more simple cloud access...-q10_0006.pngPlayCloud 10 - more simple cloud access...-q10_0007.png

Open the document, edit and enjoy. Then you can save. Save process updates and creates a new revision.

If you have questions or requests... I'll push a new release in the BlackBerry World soon.

I work also about a built-in media-player to be able to stream media (audio & video) from your cloud ; and to do slideshow with your photo albums on your cloud.

Nicolas
    Last edited by nicklas79; 03-23-13 at 02:05 PM.
    03-23-13 01:26 PM
    All of this is useless to me since I cannot even see the files on my sd card through your app. Please fix this issue!

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 02:04 PM
    I work on this issue... But the issue can be in the BlackBerry 10 OS too.

Nicolas
    03-23-13 02:17 PM
    I work on this issue... But the issue can be in the BlackBerry 10 OS too.

Nicolas
    Very doubtful the issue is with is in the os. I have downloaded at least 5 different file managers and they all work perfectly as does the native file manager. The problem lies within your app.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 04:17 PM
    Very doubtful the issue is with is in the os. I have downloaded at least 5 different file managers and they all work perfectly as does the native file manager. The problem lies within your app.

Posted via CB10
    Wait and see... but I'm not as sure as you

Nicolas
    03-23-13 04:46 PM
    I'm looking to buy a cheapish ink jet to use with Eprint type capability and this app. Is there a list of printers people have successfully used with playcloud?

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 02:19 PM
    I'm looking to buy a cheapish ink jet to use with Eprint type capability and this app. Is there a list of printers people have successfully used with playcloud?

Posted via CB10
    On my previous thread, some users are shared printing experience :

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=8087049

Printer has to support IPP protocol and PDF/PS (Postscript printer or PCL)

Nicolas
    03-24-13 04:47 PM
642 12345 ...