New version doesn't allow you to rename accounts? Terminal to Device and SD-Card to Media Card, for example. And where is the Select All feature that we have all been waiting for?
    From the PlayCloud settings, we can rename each view / accounts.

Multi select is supported, but indeed no "select all" button. I'm going to add it

Nicolas

Posted via CB10
    04-23-14 10:12 AM
    I've just read this entire thread from top to bottom after having purchased PlayCloud the other day. Great app, and of course, responsive support. Obviously recommended for all BB10 users.
    nicklas79 likes this.
    04-28-14 10:42 PM
    I've just read this entire thread from top to bottom after having purchased PlayCloud the other day. Great app, and of course, responsive support. Obviously recommended for all BB10 users.
    The best is in the future

Nicolas

Posted via CB10
    04-29-14 01:16 AM
    Nicolas, I have a Netgear router which has a feature called Readyshare. It allows a USB drive to be connected to the network and be used as a personal Cloud. I can access it in the browser but can only download files. I have tried to set up ftp in PlayCloud but cannot find an ftp URL that will connect. I have used all the URLS that the Netgear router manager suggest. Only the http:// worked and as I mentioned above it only allows downloads. It would be great to access the drive in PlayCloud. I have storage provided by my ISP and PlayCloud ftp's to it perfectly. Thanks for PlayCloud, if you can, check into the Netgear situation. - John

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by FormerEmbryo_John; 05-02-14 at 12:38 PM.
    05-02-14 12:16 AM
    Font size does not follow folder resizing? UI is improved but still prefer the look and feel of the native File Manager.

SQN100-1 10.2.1.2947 | STA100-3 10.2.1.2947
    05-02-14 01:13 AM
    Font size does not follow folder resizing? UI is improved but still prefer the look and feel of the native File Manager.

SQN100-1 10.2.1.2947 | STA100-3 10.2.1.2947
    My aim isn't copy/paste the native file manager. Only propose an alternative.

Nicolas

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 01:19 AM
    Nicolas, I have a Netgear router which has a feature called Readyshare. It allows a USB drive to be connected to the network and be used as a personal Cloud. I can access it in the browser but can only download files. I have tried to set up ftp in PlayCloud but cannot find an ftp URL that will connect. I have used all the URLS that the Netgear router manager suggest. Only the http:// worked and as I mentioned above it only allows downloads. It would be great to access the drive in PlayCloud. I have storage provided by my ISP and PlayCloud ftp's to it perfectly. Thanks for PlayCloud, if you can check into the Netgear situation. - John
    Unfortunately, it seems that Netgear uses a proprietary solution for their cloud.

Is your nas support WebDAV or FTP ? If yes, just set your network router to forward the Internet traffic to your NAS.

Nicolas

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 01:51 AM
    Thanks for the reply. I will take what you said and try to figure it out. - John

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 06:21 PM
    can I connect to SharePoint via playcloud?

Posted via CB10
    05-23-14 06:00 AM
    can I connect to SharePoint via playcloud?
    If WebDAV is enable on your sharepoint server, it may to work with PlayCloud

Nicolas

Posted via CB10
    Dave XII likes this.
    05-23-14 07:12 AM
    @Nicolas do you see any chance in the future to modify playcloud in the way that it will act as default file manager?

Posted via CB10
    05-23-14 03:01 PM
    @Nicolas do you see any chance in the future to modify playcloud in the way that it will act as default file manager?

Posted via CB10
    I don't know if it's possible for the file manager.

I know that you can change the default application for specific file formats.

But I assume that you think to file picker as you want to open / save a file from any application.

Note: instead of "save", you can already use "share".

Nicolas

Posted via CB10
    05-24-14 02:00 AM
    But I assume that you think to file picker as you want to open / save a file from any application.
    yes, I was thinking of to open a file stored on gdrive using i.e a password manager. Right now this is not possible because the app opens the default file manager which sadly does not support gdrive, ftp, webdav what so ever...

Posted via CB10
    05-24-14 05:38 AM
    Was MEGA ever added to PlayCloud? I hate the MEGA app as it never closes and constantly runs my memory and battery down.....
    05-24-14 08:16 AM
    Was MEGA ever added to PlayCloud? I hate the MEGA app as it never closes and constantly runs my memory and battery down.....

LOL. I'm glad my spidey-sense told me not to even try installing that.
    05-25-14 01:34 AM
    Hi,
    can you write a step by step guide?
    I've tried several time to config Playcloud with Owncloud but I didn't get it, so far
    Thanks
    05-26-14 08:52 AM
    Hi,
    can you write a step by step guide?
    I've tried several time to config Playcloud with Owncloud but I didn't get it, so far
    Thanks
    Set a WebDAV account with host :

https://www.site.com/files/webdav.php/

Note : the url can be opened from the native Web browser.

Auth mode : basic

you might to change SSL version used (always in the settings page) it depends on you server settings.

Work without ssl too but not very secure...

Nicolas

Posted via CB10
    05-26-14 09:04 AM
    Please add password protection to the app. Anyone who gets a hold of the phone before the lock timer can use the password reveal control to show all account passwords.
    05-26-14 06:01 PM
    Set a WebDAV account with host :

https://www.site.com/files/webdav.php/

Note : the url can be opened from the native Web browser.

Posted via CB10
    Hi,
    I don't have this path.... I searched in owncloud and I have 3 webdav.php
    the adresses are:
    https://mysite.eu/owncloud/apps/file...sts/webdav.php
    https://mysite.eu/owncloud/apps/file...lib/webdav.php
    https://mysite.eu/owncloud/apps/file...sts/webdav.php
    all these files have different size (8kb, 10kb, 1kb)
    I don't have any Files folder as you wrote:
    I found files folder here:
    https://mysite.eu/owncloud/data/admin (or user)/files
    and no webdav.php file inside.
    any suggest?
    thanks
    Mauro

edit: Got It!!
    followed owncloud user manual:
    add this address: http://mysite.com/owncloud/remote.php/wevdav
    insert user and pass
    that's it!
    Hope this could help
    thanks
    Mauro
    Last edited by cillo69; 05-30-14 at 05:04 AM. Reason: solved
    05-30-14 04:52 AM
    Please add password protection to the app. Anyone who gets a hold of the phone before the lock timer can use the password reveal control to show all account passwords.
    This is a headache for those of us (myself included) who subscribe to an ownCloud provider which also hosts groupware. Not only are cloud shares accessible, but potentially emails/contacts/calendars as well. Current workaround is to push PlayCloud to Secure Work Space.
    06-01-14 10:28 AM
    The Accounts pages at OS Settings work that way. Password can be seeing while you edit the credentials, but once you tap Save and they are accepted, looking at the Account screen page will show the password field blank.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-14 07:33 PM
    Couple of quick questions:

1. I thought I read somewhere that PlayCloud would be supporting flickr, picasa, and Mega. True? I dont see them on the app.
    2. What about Mediafire?
    06-17-14 03:21 PM
    Couple of quick questions:

1. I thought I read somewhere that PlayCloud would be supporting flickr, picasa, and Mega. True? I dont see them on the app.
    2. What about Mediafire?
    All these services aren't yet supported.

They are only on my roadmap.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-14 03:47 PM
    All these services aren't yet supported.

They are only on my roadmap.

Posted via CB10
    Ah, looks like 2 months since last roadmap status update. How is 3.8 chugging along?

The current TODO list :
    o : done / OK will released in v3.7.0
    + : planed for v3.8.0
    - : todo

New feature (important dev)
    + Google Print cloud
    + Slideshow mode (for cloud) using PhotoWall 3D
    - Synchronization feature
    - KArchive (zip, tar.Z, tar.bz2, tar.gz...)
    - Crypt (using PGP)
    06-17-14 09:20 PM
    Hi,

You can follow my BBM Channel

Posted via CB10
    06-18-14 02:28 AM
642 ... 2021222324 ...