Hi,

I have started an old thread about my application designed for the new BlackBerry 10 mobile generation.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...review-751557/

And now, the application is ready for the final device... so I leave the "BlackBerry 10 dev alpha" rubric

Features list (last upade April, 13th 2013) :

Cloud services :
    • Local & System view
    • SD-Card support
    • Dropbox support
    • Box support
    • Google Drive support
    • Skydrive support
    • Sugarsync support
    • OpenDataSpace support
    • Webdav support
    • FTP(SSL)/SFTP support

Files operation :
    • Files search
    • Mutli-select feature
    • Open, Copy, move or delete files
    • File details view (with comments)
    • Open local and remote files directly
    • Save remote files in using revision system (history modification)

UI / OS integration :
    • UI pinch zoom (save zoom factor)
    • List, tile, category display mode
    • Background transfers
    • Transfers progress status
    • Transfers complete notification
    • BlackBerry and third party applications integration
    • Dropbox & Box from native integration view

Media :
    • Image and audio thumbnails support
    • EXIF metadata image support
    • Audio ID3 tag editor

Print feature :
    • Print feature (IPP support & PDF/PS)

Social network :
    • Media sharing over social networks

Misc :
    • Network WiFi & Cellular choice (roaming management)
    • Network cache data
    • Help embedded

I share with you my last screenshots... in waiting the BlackBerry World update.

PlayCloud 10 - more simple cloud access...-img_00000020.png PlayCloud 10 - more simple cloud access...-img_00000021.png
    PlayCloud 10 - more simple cloud access...-img_00000025.png PlayCloud 10 - more simple cloud access...-img_00000023.png
    PlayCloud 10 - more simple cloud access...-img_00000024.png PlayCloud 10 - more simple cloud access...-img_00000022.png
    PlayCloud 10 - more simple cloud access...-img_00000060.png PlayCloud 10 - more simple cloud access...-img_00000031.png
    PlayCloud 10 - more simple cloud access...-img_00000090.png PlayCloud 10 - more simple cloud access...-img_00000050.png

New features are incoming... but now I wait my final device.

Nicolas
    Last edited by nicklas79; 04-13-13 at 04:17 AM. Reason: Update PlayCloud features list
    Novaone, web99, ESCON and 5 others like this.
    02-04-13 04:33 PM
    it looks good, can't help but notice "musics", shouldn't it be just spelled as "music"??
    02-04-13 05:03 PM
    Great application! I intend to buy this the day my LE device gets here
    nicklas79 likes this.
    02-04-13 07:56 PM
    This is going to be one of my first purchases on myZ10 when I pic up tmr. Looks really really good. Keep up the good work
    nicklas79 likes this.
    02-04-13 08:17 PM
    One suggestion I would make for the free version of this app, if it is possible you should allow people to test the connectivity (but not download) for things like ftp and webdav support as that is something that I have seen cause issues for plenty of these kind of apps on various platforms.
    02-17-13 04:32 AM
    Thanks Nicolas, excellent app. Any chance of getting smb/cifs support for our homelans? Wolf

Posted via CB10
    02-17-13 07:12 AM
    One suggestion I would make for the free version of this app, if it is possible you should allow people to test the connectivity (but not download) for things like ftp and webdav support as that is something that I have seen cause issues for plenty of these kind of apps on various platforms.
    With free version, you can test WebDAV, FTP... You have to set your account and enable the view. You should be able to browse your folders.

For FTP, I don't think there is issues... for WebDAV interoperability is more difficult.

Of course if you find issues, please contact me, I'll fix them.

Nicolas
    02-17-13 07:44 AM
    Add CIFS / SMB, it's difficult. I'd like BlackBerry adds it natively (or libraries for developer). I'm in contact for this feature...

In waiting, you have FTP, WebDAV

Nicolas
    02-17-13 07:46 AM
    Hi,

Only to inform you that PlayCloud 10 is now approved as Built for BlackBerry.

Thank's for your support, feedback, and suggestions !

Nicolas
    02-24-13 03:08 AM
    In PlayCloud10, why can't I see my files that are stored in Google Drive?
    I've the payed version of the app.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-13 04:17 PM
    In PlayCloud10, why can't I see my files that are stored in Google Drive?
    I've the payed version of the app.
    I have updated the application to manage Google Drive folder with many items (> 1000) ; and I have an issue.

I have fixed the issue and submitted a new release in the BlackBerry World, but we have to wait the release is approved.

Sorry for the delay.

Nicolas
    02-27-13 04:42 PM
    I have updated the application to manage Google Drive folder with many items (> 1000) ; and I have an issue.

I have fixed the issue and submitted a new release in the BlackBerry World, but we have to wait the release is approved.

Sorry for the delay.

Nicolas
    Thanks for replying, I look forward to the update Nicolas.
    PlayCloud10 was one of the first apps I bought, it just works. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    nicklas79 likes this.
    02-27-13 05:06 PM
    Would be great if it supports "Mega" aswell
    02-27-13 05:58 PM
    I would like to know what guarantee you can give that you are not snarfing all our account credentials and storing them on a server somewhere for when the zombie apocalypse comes and you decide to login to all our accounts.. or conversely, storing them insecurely so they get stolen and compromised by hackers...
    niss63 likes this.
    02-27-13 09:36 PM
    I would like to know what guarantee you can give that you are not snarfing all our account credentials and storing them on a server somewhere for when the zombie apocalypse comes and you decide to login to all our accounts.. or conversely, storing them insecurely so they get stolen and compromised by hackers...
    I didn't install PlayCloud yet, but this specific comment is exactly why OAuth OAuth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia mechanisms where implemented in most of the big providers (to avoid giving your credentials in full to apps). It will be interesting to confirm if PlayCloud uses OAuth or some other token strategy...
    02-28-13 07:16 AM
    I didn't install PlayCloud yet, but this specific comment is exactly why OAuth OAuth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia mechanisms where implemented in most of the big providers (to avoid giving your credentials in full to apps). It will be interesting to confirm if PlayCloud uses OAuth or some other token strategy...
    Indeed, PlayCloud 10 uses, when it's possible OAuth. So PlayCloud doesn't know your credentials ; it's the case for Dropbox, Box, SkyDrive, GoogleDrive. But SugarSync, FTP, WebDAV doesn't support this authentification process.

OAuth1 for Dropbox & Box
    OAuth2 for SkyDrive & GoogleDrive
    OAuth2 for Box is planned since it's now available.

But I understand, you have to trust to PlayCloud (and so me). Nevertheless I can add that PlayCloud 10 is Built For BlackBerry and privacy policy is one requirement.

Nicolas
    02-28-13 02:16 PM
    Indeed, PlayCloud 10 uses, when it's possible OAuth. So PlayCloud doesn't know your credentials ; it's the case for Dropbox, Box, SkyDrive, GoogleDrive. But SugarSync, FTP, WebDAV doesn't support this authentification process.

OAuth1 for Dropbox & Box
    OAuth2 for SkyDrive & GoogleDrive
    OAuth2 for Box is planned since it's now available.

But I understand, you have to trust to PlayCloud (and so me). Nevertheless I can add that PlayCloud 10 is Built For BlackBerry and privacy policy is one requirement.

Nicolas
    Thanks very much, I appreciate you answering that. And the answer was a good one.
    niss63 and Thunderbuck like this.
    02-28-13 02:45 PM
    So I have another question: Do you have a list somewhere about how PlayCloud compares to the recently-released "File and Folders" BB10 app which, I believe, also supports various cloud services?

Thanks.
    02-28-13 02:46 PM
    So I have another question: Do you have a list somewhere about how PlayCloud compares to the recently-released "File and Folders" BB10 app which, I believe, also supports various cloud services?

Thanks.
    Wouldn't BlackBerry have ensured that while reviewing the application? Also speaking of Zombie Apolcaypse discussions -

This is why I love living here
    02-28-13 04:52 PM
    Wouldn't BlackBerry have ensured that while reviewing the application? Also speaking of Zombie Apolcaypse discussions -

This is why I love living here
    Haha, hilarious, thanks for the clip.
    02-28-13 05:50 PM

Thanks.
    FF :
    + Open directly remote files + streaming (but cloud services limit the bandwidth - so work mainly for audio)
    + Bookmarks
    + ZIP
    + Google Doc to convert doc

PlayCloud :
    + FTP
    + FTP-SSL
    + WebDAV
    + OpenDataSpace
    + Pinch zoom
    + Support cloud sharing (using native, box, dropbox... feature)
    + IPP Printer (PDF / PS)
    + Background transfers (copy, move...)
    + Suspend, resume transfers
    + Network management (mobile and/or wifi)
    + Audio art cover

And soon a lot of new features

Nicolas
    Wolfgan and niss63 like this.
    03-01-13 02:53 PM
    Thanks..
    03-01-13 06:13 PM
    Thanks for the update, I now have access to my Drive files and folders.
    Fantastic app Nicholas.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-13 06:53 PM
    Any plans to support Amazon S3 storage? I'd love to have access to it from my Z10! :-)

Written under BB10
    03-02-13 04:13 AM
    Any plans to support Amazon S3 storage? I'd love to have access to it from my Z10! :-)

Written under BB10
    Amazon S3 is on my TODO list - A PlayCloud's user has already requested it.

Nicolas
    portal and scorepion like this.
    03-02-13 05:26 AM
642 123 ...