Not to familiar with setting up IPP printing.

In another thread this was posted:
    ipp://192.168.0.194:631/printers/HP_Color_LaserJet_CP1215

Use this format for ipp printing. My IP address is static.
    NOTE: I believe this printer was connected by USB to computer. The IP used was for the computer.

So ...... if this were a directly connected network printer (i.e. - not connected via USB or LPT1) with it's own IP would this be correct ???????
    ipp://192.168.0.194:631/HP_Color_LaserJet_CP1215

Or ..... would you just use this ??????????
    ipp://192.168.0.194:631

I've searched around a bit and not finding much. Thanks for any info!!
    04-17-13 11:20 AM
    I have it set up to a Dell B2360n in work thats connected directly to the network and it's just ipp://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
    duckduke likes this.
    04-18-13 11:21 AM
    As slparry mentioned it should just be the IP address and port number. If your printer is managed by a printer server, settings can different though. Also keep firewall issues in mind.
    04-18-13 03:55 PM
    how do I know what the port is supposed to be?
    04-18-13 04:05 PM
    Whomever setup the printer will probably have to tell you, they can be configured in many different ways.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 05:48 PM
    how do I know what the port is supposed to be?
    In Windows:
    - Click the "start" button
    - Click on 'Printers & Faxes'
    - Select (highlight) the printer you want, then right click on it ---- select "Properties" in the drop down
    - In the properties ..... look under Location to find the IP address.

Now ...... go to the IP in your browser and you may just find all of the settings details for the printer. I was able to click all over the printer interfaces for the printers at my office and determined that ipp is off. I printed out the page showing the the "ipp = off" and gave it to admins requesting it to be turned on.

For my printer at home .... I think I'm wasting my time. I can't find anything in the settings related to ipp and I've tried everything I know to get it to work and so far nothing. It's an HP Officejet 8500 A909a .... if anyone has any insight. It is set up on our WiFi network and we all have access to it. Every device connects to it over WiFi.
    04-18-13 10:36 PM
    So guys, I have a network Ricoh printer with IPP enabled.
    I tried all possible configurations with PlayCloud with no luck, it just does not connect to printer.
    I want to bypass my computer and print over the air through the router. My printer is on http://192.168.0.20 and on its user guide I red that I have to configure the IPP Printer URI either with http://192.168.0.20:631 or with ipp://192.168.0.20 but I can't figure out how to print through PlayCloud at all.

The only way I was able to make PlayCloud and the printer communicating was bridging through my Desktop computer, but PlayCloud crashes everytime I try to print. I simply shared the network printer on my Mac through system preferences and pointed PlayCloud to my computer either like:
    http://192.168.0.18:631/printers/Ricoh
    or
    ipp://192.168.0.18:631/printers/Ricoh
    or
    http://192.168.0.18/printers/Ricoh
    or
    ipp://192.168.0.18/printers/Ricoh

Odd enough, they all let PlayCloud and Printer connect!
    I'm half the way though...
    Any suggestion??
    05-16-13 04:52 AM
    I have it set up to a Dell B2360n in work thats connected directly to the network and it's just ipp://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
    So let's say I have a printer (IPP enabled of course) connected to the network like you and I want to connect my z10 directly to it via wifi, say my printer address is 192.168.0.20 I just type into PlayCloud ipp://192.168.0.20 ? Well I tried that but PlayCloud says connection error!
    05-17-13 09:16 AM
    I have exactly the same issue, a network attached printer on 192.168.1.4, so I entered ipp://192.168.1.4 and also get the connection error reported by PlayCloud. My printer is an HP6500A, and it the config pages for the printer, IPP is shown as enabled. I have emailed Nicolas, the developer, so will report back if I get anything useful.
    05-22-13 09:04 PM
    Nicolas was extremely responsive and eventually we found the correct uri. For my printer, directly attached to the network on 192.168.1.4, the correct uri is:

ipp://192.168.1.4/ipp/printer

Hopefully this helps, although sadly it turns out my printer doesn't support either of the required PDF or PS formats, so having finally got the thing configured, I still can't print to it

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 05:22 AM
    Nicolas was extremely responsive and eventually we found the correct uri. For my printer, directly attached to the network on 192.168.1.4, the correct uri is:

Hopefully this helps, although sadly it turns out my printer doesn't support either of the required PDF or PS formats, so having finally got the thing configured, I still can't print to it

Posted via CB10
    I hope that works, I'll give it a try on Monday! Thank you!

p.s.
    I contacted the developer weeks ago but he said to use ipp://192.168.0.20/printers/printer_name which obviously didn't work given that's for printer connected to PC via usb ...

We need tools, not toys.
    05-25-13 07:07 AM
    Hi,

Just for your information, the next PlayCloud release is dedicated for the printer users

I work to add a printer service discovery. And I have the first result

So PlayCloud will be soon able to work as AirPrint.

Then, in a second time, I'll add Google Cloud Print support.

Nicolas
    05-25-13 10:03 AM
    Hi,

Just for your information, the next PlayCloud release is dedicated for the printer users

Nicolas
    * Happy Dance*

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 11:45 AM
    Nicolas, support for Google Cloud Print would be great, then any HP printer supporting ePrint could be used very easily - great work

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 01:53 PM

Posted via CB10
    didn't work

We need tools, not toys.
    05-27-13 09:31 AM
    didn't work

We need tools, not toys.
    I don't know a whole lot about ipp, but I guess it can be implemented differently which is why we're having so much trouble working out the uri for each device. The discovery feature that Nicolas mentioned will surely help here. For me, I used the avahi-discover command on a Ubuntu linux laptop which did the discovery on my network, and then had to piece together various components in the discovery output to arrive at the final uri. Nicolas has mentioned this in his blog PlayCloud – Built for BlackBerry 10 | ProgWeb so if you have access to a linux box on your network, that should give you the info you need for the uri, otherwise you'll need to hope Nicolas' enhancements come through quickly. As I mentioned, even though i now have the correct uri, I still cannot print from PlayCloud to the printer as the printer does not support the requried PDF or PS formats for ipp printing. Google Cloud Print support should get around this problem, since it addresses the printer through smtp using its ePrint interface.
    05-27-13 06:15 PM
    Hi,

Nicolas
    I will buy your app the day it has good printer support... as a matter of fact, it's a feature that would make your app a must have for all BlackBerry 10s..IMHO..

But, you have to make sure that it works decently well...

Thanks... and... best of luck...

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 07:19 PM
    Hi,

Nicolas
    Thanks for continuously updating the app.

It just keeps getting better and better!
    05-27-13 07:52 PM
    Hi,

Info about printer discovery progress...

Playcloud 10 - IPP Printing-img_00000481.png

Now I'm going to grab the details information about the discovered devices.

I'll release this "mDNS - SD" (multicast DNS Service Discovery) tool in the BlackBerry World as a standalone application. It's useful for network admin.

Then I'll use this feature in PlayCloud.

Nicolas

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 02:26 AM
    Great work Nicolas, looking forward to the PlayCloud updates.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 05:28 PM
    Okey... bought it...but it keeps crashing when I try to open a file...

Running 10.1.2354..

Any help ...

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 11:43 PM
    Hi,

I have written a little tool "mDNS-SD" for multicast DNS service discovery.

You can download and try the application :

http://progweb.com/mdns.bar

The application should list all the devices announced on the network ; then you can read the details... Sample for a printer, "address" and "TXT rp". I'll use this tool in PlayCloud.

Ex:
    - address : 192.168.1.10:631
    - TXT rp : printers/PDF
    => result is : ipp://192.168.1.10:631/printers/PDF
    (or ipp://192.168.1.10/printers/PDF since 631 is the default port for IPP)

Nicolas
    05-30-13 12:51 AM
    Hi,

I have written a little tool "mDNS-SD" for multicast DNS service discovery.

You can download and try the application :

http://progweb.com/mdns.bar

The application should list all the devices announced on the network ; then you can read the details... Sample for a printer, "address" and "TXT rp". I'll use this tool in PlayCloud.

Ex:
    - address : 192.168.1.10:631
    - TXT rp : printers/PDF
    => result is : ipp://192.168.1.10:631/printers/PDF
    (or ipp://192.168.1.10/printers/PDF since 631 is the default port for IPP)

Nicolas
    Thanks Nicolas, very useful tool.
    I could connect to a computer which is connected to the printer, all through Lan connection, but I couldn't connect to printer directly. Also I noticed that my network printer in the mDNS_SD app shows up correctly but without the "TXT rp" voice, while "TXT rp" is visible in the PC hosting the printer which I was able to connect to. Why's that?
    Thanks

We need tools, not toys.
    05-30-13 03:01 AM
    oh, and anyway, even though I was able to connect through a Lan PC connection to the printer, playcloud instantly crashes when attempting to print...

We need tools, not toys.
    05-30-13 03:04 AM
    Oh

Can you share more info ? In mDNS tool can you tap on your printer item and copy/paste the results.

When you try to print... Can you send me the screen about your printer settings? At last, all the steps until PlayCloud crash

Thank's

Nicolas

Posted via CB10
    05-30-13 03:25 AM
121 123 ...