Hi

I think that you have migrated to 10.2 OS.

Check your Web browser settings. (in this screen you aren't in PlayCloud application but in the Web browser)

Few users have had the same issue. I don't know why. Need to investigate. Nevertheless, remove and install again the app has fixed the issue.

Nicolas

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 11:55 AM
    Thank you for being so damn fast!
    Yeah I'm in 10.2 and Uninstalling and reinstalling solved the problem.

Request:
    Could you please make playcloud remember which list view style I have chosen? I rather list than icons, but I must always tel Playcloud to change style of view.

Thanks

Me?! I keep movin'!
    10-28-13 12:39 PM
    Thank you for being so damn fast!
    Yeah I'm in 10.2 and Uninstalling and reinstalling solved the problem.

Request:
    Could you please make playcloud remember which list view style I have chosen? I rather list than icons, but I must always tel Playcloud to change style of view.

Thanks

Me?! I keep movin'!
    You can set the default style in your account settings.

Only zoom factor is saved from the last launch.

Nicolas

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 12:42 PM
    My Man! That I missed it...
    Thank you

Me?! I keep movin'!
    10-28-13 02:10 PM
    My Man! That I missed it...
    Thank you

Me?! I keep movin'!
    I hope that you haven't missed the pinch zoom gesture feature

And the future features :
    - folder synchronisation
    - photo slideshow with PhotoWall 3D in particular for cloud (with HDMI) - first release (for local photo) already available

Nicolas

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 02:51 PM
    That I knew it and it's awesome! Nice, very nice PlayCloud is becoming a very powerful app.

Me?! I keep movin'!
    10-29-13 02:08 AM
    Hi All,

I just bought PlayCloud 10 because of the printing feature.

I also had problems printing to my CUPS/AirPrint server, PlayCloud 10 crashed like it was reported by users before.

I found out that the app does not crash if I enter a fake username and password (e.g. guest/guest), although no authentication is required by the CUPS server.

AirPrint obviously still does not work for me (works fine on my iPad), the printer is found but the app crashed (probably because I can not add a username and password).

I hope this helps!

Cheers,

Frank
    11-03-13 09:08 AM
    Hi All,

I just bought PlayCloud 10 because of the printing feature.

I also had problems printing to my CUPS/AirPrint server, PlayCloud 10 crashed like it was reported by users before.

I found out that the app does not crash if I enter a fake username and password (e.g. guest/guest), although no authentication is required by the CUPS server.

AirPrint obviously still does not work for me (works fine on my iPad), the printer is found but the app crashed (probably because I can not add a username and password).
    If you use a CUPS server ; all should work. I'm going to test again without authentification. I use myself a CUPS server (in SSL with authentification)

Nicolas

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 12:20 PM
    Hi,

I'm using CUPS server for printing and have the same problem.
    If no username is present, then PlayCloud crashes every time.
    If username is present, then it works fine.

Authentication is not required by the CUPS server.

Edy
    11-07-13 01:20 AM
    Sorry, I was to fast with my post.

After update to the latest release from 04.11.2013, there are no more crashes.

Kind regards

Edy
    11-07-13 01:37 AM
    Sorry, I was to fast with my post.

After update to the latest release from 04.11.2013, there are no more crashes.

Kind regards

Edy
    Thank's for the report. I'm going to test to be sure and fix if need.

Nicolas

Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 01:51 AM
    ............... update

I gave up on this months ago ......... but

I just downloaded mDNS app in Appworld and with the latest PlayCloud 10 .... I FINALLY got it to work.

Just printed my first PDF over Wifi........... yeah!!!!!

NOTE: A new Kyocera was just installed at the office yesterday. I was able to get it to work with this printer. BUT........ I went through the effort to try and set up the printer. Waste of time. It appears that the available ipp printers now automatically show up when select print, you just select the one you want. A Kyocera and a Samsung printer show up at my office so now I have 2 choices.

Anyway ...... I'm a little slow but all is good now. Thanks for a great app!!!!
    05-15-14 10:56 AM
    Great, proud to see that finally it can work with your printers.

And moreover it works as AirPrint with auto detection !

Nicolas

Posted via CB10
    05-15-14 11:19 AM
    And moreover it works as AirPrint with auto detection !
    Oh reeeeally? I will have to try this, I'll bet my Artisan 837 supports that...
    05-15-14 02:09 PM
    Not seeing any autodetection UI feature. Still have to "add printer" and manually enter params.

And even if I enter IP address and port for PDL printer or IPP printer as detected in mDNS, doesn't do anything, no response with "Check and load settings" button.

Edit: I now see the mechanism - "Long press on file, select 'print', printer is detected in dropdown list. (Mine as IPP Printer)"

Problem is, if I select a filetype that is unsupported by printer and try to back out at that point, PlayCloud crashes. Or if I select a supported filetype, when I select final step print button, PlayCloud crashes.
    Last edited by Omnitech; 05-15-14 at 02:34 PM.
    05-15-14 02:21 PM
    Not seeing any autodetection UI feature. Still have to "add printer" and manually enter params.

And even if I enter IP address and port for PDL printer or IPP printer as detected in mDNS, doesn't do anything, no response with "Check and load settings" button.

Edit: I now see the mechanism - "Long press on file, select 'print', printer is detected in dropdown list. (Mine as IPP Printer)"

Problem is, if I select a filetype that is unsupported by printer and try to back out at that point, PlayCloud crashes. Or if I select a supported filetype, when I select final step print button, PlayCloud crashes.
    As you try to print a doc, Indeed the drop-down is filled with the default printers then with the printer discovered on the network.

But as you close this page, if the discover process isn't completed, you can get a crash

I have to fix this. Just use not too speed

Nicolas

Posted via CB10
    05-16-14 01:14 AM
    As you try to print a doc, Indeed the drop-down is filled with the default printers then with the printer discovered on the network.

But as you close this page, if the discover process isn't completed, you can get a crash

I have to fix this. Just use not too speed

Not sure what you mean.

If I touch the dropdown and it shows my printer there as an IPP printer without any prior configuration (no printers were manually defined), and all parameters seem correct (obviously it has to have already retrieved ie the supported file types, because otherwise I would not get a warning when I pick an unsupported file type to print), then you are saying even with that detailed information, the "discover process is not completed"??

How long should I wait before attempting to print?
    05-16-14 01:53 AM
    Not sure what you mean.

If I touch the dropdown and it shows my printer there as an IPP printer without any prior configuration (no printers were manually defined), and all parameters seem correct (obviously it has to have already retrieved ie the supported file types, because otherwise I would not get a warning when I pick an unsupported file type to print), then you are saying even with that detailed information, the "discover process is not completed"??

How long should I wait before attempting to print?
    As you open the print page, I start a network printer listener process. To find printers, read settings then add entry in the drop-down.

As you pick a printer in the drop-down, I launch an other request to check if file is supported by the printer.

All is hidden for the end user

Nicolas

Posted via CB10
    05-16-14 02:12 AM
    As you open the print page, I start a network printer listener process. To find printers, read settings then add entry in the drop-down.

As you pick a printer in the drop-down, I launch an other request to check if file is supported by the printer.

All is hidden for the end user

OK, so why is it after the app has clearly "found" the printer (populated the dropdown list with its name) and determined its characteristics (ie what files it supports - or else it would not be able to reject the attempt to print an unsupported file format), and then I select the "found" printer and try to print to it, does the app crash?

I'm not trying to intentionally torture you, but it was your claim that I was apparently "going too fast" that has caused me to ask you to clarify that point.
    05-16-14 02:17 AM
    OK, so why is it after the app has clearly "found" the printer (populated the dropdown list with its name) and determined its characteristics (ie what files it supports - or else it would not be able to reject the attempt to print an unsupported file format), and then I select the "found" printer and try to print to it, does the app crash?

I'm not trying to intentionally torture you, but it was your claim that I was apparently "going too fast" that has caused me to ask you to clarify that point.
    It may to crash

Already reproduced. But not yet time to fix it.

I'm working about other features to release soon. I'm working to add Google Print Cloud too.

Nicolas

Posted via CB10
    Omnitech likes this.
    05-16-14 02:33 AM
    Can the app print using Print To Go. I would love to have my BlackBerry Z30 to have the ability to print pdf to my BlackBerry Q10 and BlackBerry PlayBook
    05-26-14 10:14 AM
121 ... 345