I can't get the pin folder sync to work for Box, Dropbox or Onedrive. The camera sync works fine, but not what I want.

Save the folder to cloud
    Pin folder
    Add new item to folder
    Sync (tried in file manager and in all three apps)
    Does nothing at all.

There's not much else to try and these instructions were pretty basic so is sync just not working or am I missing something here?

And I have playcloud already so please don't tell me to get playcloud.

BBClassic10.3.2.2252
    08-16-15 05:51 PM
    Pin folder sync?

I'm not aware of any built in cloud folder sync, just automatic media file upload.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 08:16 PM
    Holy, just searched help. Didn't know about this.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 08:19 PM
    08-16-15 08:20 PM
    Works for me, tested on Z30, Dropbox, and latest.

Created folder "pinned" in Dropbox.
    Pinned it.
    Turned on airplane mode.
    In file manager, only "pinned" folder under Dropbox.
    Inside "pinned" folder, I created folder "test"
    Closed file manager.
    Turned off airplane mode
    Logged into Dropbox through browser, and "test" folder exists.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 08:58 PM
    That's quite the workaround, but not what I'm looking to do. I'm looking to do exactly what it says it's supposed to, sync the folder from the file manager.

BBClassic10.3.2.2252
    08-16-15 10:36 PM
    That's quite the workaround, but not what I'm looking to do. I'm looking to do exactly what it says it's supposed to, sync the folder from the file manager.

BBClassic10.3.2.2252
    Workaround? I thought I was doing exactly what it is supposed to do. It's an offline/online feature, as stated in the first sentence of the link your provided. So I think you're leaving out a detail. Where are you disconnecting and reconnecting? I'd guess the check/hook to sync will be in the "connection up" event.

Just now:

1. Turned on Airplane mode
    2. Opened file manager
    3. Copied mp3 from device to pinned folder
    4. Turned off Airplane mode

Went to desktop PC, within 60 seconds, saw popup from Dropbox that mp3 was added to dropbox. I didn't have to manually sync.

While typing this message, I deleted the mp3 from the pinned folder in dropbox on desktop. I waited approx one minute, picked up the phone to see if the file existed, and it refreshed/disappeared without having to automatically refresh.

So I'm seeing syncing when going from offline->online, as well as staying online. I think it should sync. Were you behind any sort of restrictive firewall or vpn? I just did this from home. I did the folder pinning earlier out at a restaurant over my VPN.

*shrug*, working here for me. Thanks for bringing this folder sync to my attention. Will come in handy at some point.
    08-17-15 04:57 AM
    You shouldn't have to turn off your radios, I understand it's an offline thing, but simply not being on WiFi should be enough to disconnect from the servers.
    Also it doesn't show up at all in the file manager.
    I can not even recreate what you did with Box.
    The whole point of this is to add a simple sync, given the instructions above. Nothing simple about doing it the way you suggest compared to how it's suppose to work. I shouldn't have to open my desktop app or the browser site at all. It should, as stated, work within the file manager.

BBClassic10.3.2.2252
    08-17-15 06:50 AM
    You shouldn't have to turn off your radios, I understand it's an offline thing, but simply not being on WiFi should be enough to disconnect from the servers.
    Also it doesn't show up at all in the file manager.
    I can not even recreate what you did with Box.
    The whole point of this is to add a simple sync, given the instructions above. Nothing simple about doing it the way you suggest compared to how it's suppose to work. I shouldn't have to open my desktop app or the browser site at all. It should, as stated, work within the file manager.

BBClassic10.3.2.2252
    Do you have "Use Mobile Network" enabled? Mine isn't, but when my internet is enabled, wifi is working. Are you trying to do this without wifi connection and just over mobile? Then this would NEED to be enabled for you.

Here is what dropbox with pinned folder looks like when I'm online:
    Pin Sync for Box Dropbox Onedrive-img_20150817_182944.png

After turning on Airplane mode, file manager has a brief pop up that dropbox went offline, and then the page refreshes to just show the single pinned folder.
    Pin Sync for Box Dropbox Onedrive-img_20150817_183002.png

What can't you do with Box as per my step by step instructions? Which part, exactly?
    08-17-15 08:37 PM
    Just tested with Box. Works for me.

Opened the Box app. Signed in. Video and pictures not set to auto upload. No mobile sync option.
    Closed Box app.
    Opened file manager.
    Pinned Box dir "MikeZ10" that is empty.
    Copied mp3 to this dir.
    File shows uploading.

Logged into box website, mp3 already uploaded. Didn't have to go offline at any time.

So I think you need to logout of Box and log back in. If you get prompted to authorize your device for another year, then that was probably your issue.

Do you have onebox or dropbox to try as well?

You've done the vol button reset?

Signing out and signing back into Box is really the only suggestion I have, other than confirming this sweet feature is working for me no problems.
    08-17-15 08:45 PM
    OK. Thank you for confirming it works. I'll keep playing around with it.

BBClassic10.3.2.2252
    08-17-15 08:53 PM