App Name: Pic Tagger

Summary:

Tag your pictures so you'll always know what's important about them.

Easily search & find the pics you are looking for.

Create and manage your pic albums.

4 view & search options:

- Albums view - the list of your albums

- Single album view - only the pics of the chosen album are shown and iIf the user performs a search, it will be carried out on those pics only.

- All pics view - all the pics from all the albums are available, and if the user performs a search, it will be carried out on all of them (the search may use multiple tags also)

- All tags view - displays the list of all the registered tags. Tapping on a tag in the list will display all the pics having that tag, from all the albums.

Other features:

Shoot & Tag: Tag a photo on the spot (you may still use any other app for taking pictures, and tag them later with Pic Tagger).

Multiple tags: The number of tags that may be associated with a picture is not restricted

Easy recovery: The tags are also written into the picture files, so they can be easily recovered when reinstalling the app or moving the gallery to other BB10 device

Link to BlackBerry World Listing: https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...ntent/39685917

Price: $0.99

New in the latest update:

- Option for marking tagged pictures (so it will be easy to know what pics have been left untagged)
    - Option to Copy / Move to new album (for a more streamlined process)
    - Tag suggestions - to speed up the tagging and avoid accidentally using different spelled words for the same tag.

Available also for BlackBerry Q10 and Q5

Coming soon to BlackBerry PlayBook!

We will be glad to answer your questions in this thread.
    You may ask them also at [email protected]
    Last edited by serbanescu; 11-11-13 at 09:27 AM.
    10-30-13 01:06 PM
    Now that could be useful, thanks!
    serbanescu likes this.
    10-30-13 01:14 PM
    Some screen caps:

All albums view:

Pic Tagger now available for Z10 & Z30-img_00000354.png

All pics view:

Pic Tagger now available for Z10 & Z30-img_00000356.png

All tags view:

Pic Tagger now available for Z10 & Z30-img_00000357.png
    Last edited by serbanescu; 11-11-13 at 09:07 AM.
    10-30-13 01:14 PM
    Now that could be useful, thanks!
    I surely hope so

Thank you for being interested
    10-30-13 01:16 PM
    Some more screen caps:

Tag search results (in this case, the tag was "Bogdan"):

Pic Tagger now available for Z10 & Z30-img_00000358.png

Picture with tags:

Pic Tagger now available for Z10 & Z30-img_00000634-.png

Shoot & Tag mode:

Pic Tagger now available for Z10 & Z30-img_00000630.png
    Last edited by serbanescu; 11-11-13 at 09:14 AM.
    10-30-13 01:28 PM
    Good luck with your app. And thanks for supporting bb10.

Question about the app. The description is kind of slim. Does this app write data to the exif or iptc portions of the photograph or does it keep its own index of photos?
    serbanescu likes this.
    10-30-13 05:24 PM
    Good luck with your app. And thanks for supporting bb10.

Question about the app. The description is kind of slim. Does this app write data to the exif or iptc portions of the photograph or does it keep its own index of photos?
    Thank you! Sorry for the delayed response, we are on different time zones

I added some info to the app description. To answer your question: tag data are kept both in the app database (for an easy search) and as EXIF data in picture files (for easy recovery in case of reinstall, or if the gallery is moved to other BB10 device).

I will be glad to answer any other questions.
    Last edited by serbanescu; 10-31-13 at 09:50 AM.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-31-13 04:12 AM
    No problem with the delay. Good info. About 2 years ago, I tried getting in the habit of adding data to my photos, a person's name, lake, wildflower, locale but fell out of the habit.
    10-31-13 09:51 AM
    No problem with the delay. Good info. About 2 years ago, I tried getting in the habit of adding data to my photos, a person's name, lake, wildflower, locale but fell out of the habit.
    I can only hope there are others out there still keeping with tagging photos (in fact, a happy user of another app of ours was the starting point for Pic Tagger app)
    10-31-13 10:01 AM
    Bought it and have some issues with my Q10 on 10.2.
    First, on the introduction page the 'next' button is hidden by the navigation bar, and you can't scroll to the bottom to make it appear (you can still click on the top of it but you can't read what you are clicking on).
    While selecting some pictures after some scrolling the app crashes and when you reopen it you have to wait for the app to scan all your library again.
    Attachment 216162
    I tried to make a new album but i don't find it very intuitive, could you make a 'new album' or 'move to the album...' button on the side menu?
    It's very promising, i bought it more to encourage developers on BB10 than for a real need, even if i'd find very useful to manage my pictures with your app.
    I hope some updates will come to enhance what could become a must have app!
    Last edited by BroncoVAL; 10-31-13 at 02:42 PM.
    serbanescu and jlc0312 like this.
    10-31-13 02:32 PM
    Thank you for the feedback!

While selecting some pictures after some scrolling the app crashes and when you reopen it you have to wait for the app to scan all your library again.
    Could you provide more details? The crash happens when an album is opened, or does it happen in "All pics" mode? How many pictures do you have on your device stored in a single folder? (we know that the app may crash when it exceeds the quota of memory allocated by the operating system - it could happen when more than 450 pics (approximately) are displayed simultaneously in a single list).

If this is the case, users that have albums with less than 450 pics (approximately) per single album should not be affected. Nevertheless, we will work on a solution for better managing the full display of large albums.

Edit: We tested again and found that for some reason, in the case of Q10 & Q5 devices the maximum number of pictures that can safely be displayed simultaneously in a single list is approximately 270. We will optimize the process for better memory management and we plan to provide a fix within a week.

An easy fix for Q device owners (until the update will be out) would be to divide their picture gallery into albums with less than 270 pics each. I am sorry for the inconvenience.

I tried to make a new album but i don't find it very intuitive, could you make a 'new album' or 'move to the album...' button on the side menu?
    You are definitely right about this, we will do just as you suggested in order to make the operation more intuitive. It will be in the next update that should be issued by the end of next week.

It's very promising, i bought it more to encourage developers on BB10 than for a real need, even if i'd find very useful to manage my pictures with your app.
    I hope some updates will come to enhance what could become a must have app!
    Thank you, we'll do our best!
    Last edited by serbanescu; 11-01-13 at 05:41 AM.
    11-01-13 03:05 AM
    First of all, thanks for your fast answer!
    I have indeed more than 270 pics on my folder (i really need your app to manage them), i actually have 710 pictures in the 'Albums section'.
    I just tried with other section called 'All pics' and it seems to work fine.
    I can't wait to see your update with 'move to the album...' or/and 'new album' enhancement! That will really simplify pictures management!
    If i may suggest... but don't know if it's possible:
    when you create a new album, the pictures selected should not be present anymore in the all pics section but only in the 'albums' section as you have already assigned them to an album.
    As it is now, your library never diminishes, it would be nice if the next media scanning could show only the pictures without tag or album in the all pics section, then your 'all pics' section would give you an idea of all untagged pictures exclusively (or untagged+pictures not included in any album).
    Thanks again for your answer and your great work !!!
    11-01-13 07:42 AM
    First of all, thanks for your fast answer!
    If i may suggest... but don't know if it's possible:
    when you create a new album, the pictures selected should not be present anymore in the all pics section but only in the 'albums' section as you have already assigned them to an album.
    As it is now, your library never diminishes, it would be nice if the next media scanning could show only the pictures without tag or album in the all pics section, then your 'all pics' section would give you an idea of all untagged pictures exclusively (or untagged+pictures not included in any album).
    Thanks again for your answer and your great work !!!
    You're wellcome!

I understand your reasoning and we will provide an option to hide the already tagged pictures.

Speaking about the "All pics" section, it is intended to provide a comprehensive view of all of your pics, with the option to use multiple tags in your search.

To explain it better, the user has 4 view & search options:

- "Albums" view - the list of your albums

- "Single album" view - only the pics of the chosen album are shown and if the user performs a search, it will be carried out on those pics only (the search may use multiple tags, separated by commas, like "fishing, Scotland" or "fishing, rainbow trout, Scotland"). Words separated by blank spaces are treated as single tags.

- "All pics" view - all the pics from all the albums are available, and if the user performs a search, it will be carried out on all of them (the search may use multiple tags also)

- "All tags" view - displays the list of all the registered tags. Tapping on a tag in the list will display all the pics having that tag, from all the albums. Doing a search in "All tags" view will return a list of tags matching the keyword that was entered, and tapping on a tag in this new list will display all the pics having that tag (so the search may use only single tags in "All tags" mode). A tag may have two or more words separated by blank spaces - like the "rainbow trout" example.

Also, after creating a new album, the user should use the "Cut" function in order to move the pics from the "Camera" folder to the new album. In this way the pics will no longer appear in the "Camera" folder.
    As I promised, we will change the name of the "Cut" function to "Move to album" and smooth the pics transfer steps in order to make the process more intuitive.

I realize now that I have to provide a more detailed info in the help section of the app.
    Last edited by serbanescu; 11-01-13 at 08:44 AM.
    11-01-13 08:14 AM
    Thanks again for taking the time to explain it to me/us!
    At last i understand it! I didn't get the 'cut' option and now it's more clear!
    The option to hide already tagged pics would be really great.
    You definitely have an app with a lot of potential, if in a near future you could make a video tutorial on youtube for example i think it would boost your sales and at least give your app the credit it deserves
    Keep on keeping on !
    serbanescu likes this.
    11-01-13 08:55 AM
    Nice update!
    Thanks for the possibility to move/cut to an existing album, that works great!
    I'll use it a little more when i'll have some time but for now everything looks good

Posted via CB10
    11-08-13 11:33 AM
    New in the latest update:

- Option for marking tagged pictures (so it will be easy to know what pics have been left untagged)
    - Option to Copy / Move to new album (for a more streamlined process)
    - Tag suggestions - to speed up the tagging and avoid accidentally using different spelled words for the same tag.
    11-11-13 09:25 AM
    Great update! Again!
    I can only recommend this app, it's still work in progress but very promising and the developer is very friendly! (Only 0.89€ by the way!!!)
    serbanescu likes this.
    11-12-13 07:49 PM
    New update available to include Recycle Bin function for deleted pics.
    11-29-13 07:52 AM