Hi,

Some people follow me on BlackBerry Channel or on this forum. This summer was the holidays and the time for me to start a new application concept.

We have great BlackBerry 10 devices ; and now I want a WoW application with smooth effects. I like the Cooliris application on iOS and instead of waiting a bring on our devices, I have started to write few lines of code.

PhotoWall - A new concept for BlackBerry device-photowall_00.png PhotoWall - A new concept for BlackBerry device-photowall_01.png

So PhotoWall is born this summer. Of course, it's still a concept and a lot of work is incoming. PhotoWall is designed with NDK in C and OpenGL/ES. So PhotoWall runs on our BlackBerry PlayBook devices As far as BlackBerry 10, I have embedded it in a custom cascades component. So PhotoWall works as a ListView

But maybe you'd like to see a video

Isn't enough ? you want to download a preview bar file... Here :
    http://progweb.com/photowall-pb.bar - for BlackBerry PlayBook (read the photos in your camera folder)
    http://progweb.com/photowall-bb10.bar - for BlackBerry 10 (old release with hardcoded photo)

And now ?

I'm going to continue to improve the wall texturing to improve performance (in particular the loading).
    Then, I'm going to add a UI for BlackBerry PlayBook so as to change folder, number of lines and other stuffs.
    UI for BlackBerry 10 too (but it's cascades)

Now, I wait your comments and feedback... as for PlayCloud

Nicolas
    08-27-13 09:20 AM
    The UI looks great.. as for functionality, ,I assume you can tap on a picture and open it full screen? from that point can you press and hold to expose all the same options one would get in the stock pictures app? edit, share, play on, set as etc?

An improved UI is nice but it's just a gimmic unless it has all the features a person needs to use it as a replacement of the stock pictures app.
    08-27-13 09:37 AM
    That is actually quite cool, looks pretty, just make sure it's functional/useful too
    08-27-13 09:49 AM
    PhotoWall looks like an amazing app. Can't wait until it's available for my Playbook and Q10!

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Q10
    08-27-13 11:14 AM
    It looks beautiful!! Are you going to apply for built for BlackBerry status?

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 11:21 AM
    It's nice. But one of the feedback above is right. You need to have every feature the stock Pictures app have so users can basically replace it.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 12:06 PM
    Nicolas:

Simply awesome. I especially want to thank you for your continued development of PlayBook apps. PlayCloud has been a great addition to both my Q10 and my PlayBook so I'm looking forward to trying the preview versions of these as well as the finished product when it's available.

Keep up the good work.
    08-27-13 12:33 PM
    So to sum up it's why PhotoWall whereas we have already a native gallery application provided by BlackBerry !

Why not ?

When I have started this concept, I remember the first cascades preview on PlayBook (address book or other great features never release).

First, I like to devel on BlackBerry platform, device is very fast and SDK tools are great.

I want more wow applications on my BlackBerry

Of course, the standard actions (share, rename...) will be available.

The main idea is : see all your local photos on a wall - so it's an infinite wall - PhotoWall will be able to browse all your folders recursively to add photos on the wall.

I think to add Google image search feature too.

At last, it's a concept for a photo viewer for PlayCloud - need a good viewer to view photo on the cloud

Need for PlayBook too, because on PlayBook there isn't Cascades !

Nicolas

Posted via CB10
    jaydee5799, cman5 and magsasaka like this.
    08-28-13 01:49 PM
    Side loaded the app, runs pretty smooth, was thinking, it would be cool if the photos tilted on phone rotation etc.

So I could title the handset to almost look behind the pic in the forefront, would be a neat little touch.

Keep up the good work.
    08-28-13 02:46 PM
    Oh man! Get that I'm BlackBerry World ASAP. I'll buy it in a second.

Btw, like how you used story maker for the vid.

Posted via CB10
    nicklas79 likes this.
    08-28-13 02:58 PM
    Since you said that it will have the basic function of the stock Pictures app, I'll support this one.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-13 06:10 PM
    Nice! It looks like one of those TAT concepts I agree with the need for more wow applications. While it has to be functional, a stunning looking application will always be welcomed.
    08-29-13 07:25 AM
    Looking good. Stock browser doesnt really do much....maybe if you could double click an image to provide actions...as in view.rotate. email. or ideally Open in another app of choice eg editor (is this possible??) And maybe a nice slide show to show off the graphics so you can just leave it running on your desk!! Im looking forward to see how this develops on my playbook!!
    08-29-13 08:01 AM
    Hi

Some news about progress.

PhotoWall - A new concept for BlackBerry device-img_00000635.png

You can download again the bar file here : http://progweb.com/photowall-bb10.bar

I have started to design the UI menu and the context menu on the photos.

Nicolas

Posted via CB10
    jaydee5799 and Rowan M like this.
    09-07-13 02:53 PM
    Hi,

Downloaded and side loaded the bar file. Like to concept and where you are taking the app. Will you continue to post these alpha / beta versions herr going forward until released in BlackBerry World?

Posted via CB10
    09-14-13 02:28 AM
    Post to participate / subscribe.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-13 02:44 AM
    Indeed, I'll publish here while the application isn't ready to be in the BlackBerry World.

Nicolas

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 04:07 AM
    It's a great looking app with plenty of potential keep up the good work

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 12:43 PM
    Any updates for the playbook version??

Sent from my GT-I9100 using CB Forums mobile app
    09-17-13 12:16 PM
    Hi,

After BlackBerry bad news... I want to share my last test version before the first official release. Indeed, next release will be in the BlackBerry World.

With this demo you have already a wow application effect. Try to do the same stuff with an iPhone 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5
    You could make a show and impress people.

Seriously, now I can manage with success the HDMI port And I need of your tests and feedbacks. Warning the UI isn't completed.

http://progweb.com/photowall-bb10.bar

In this test version, PhotoWall draws 2 different walls : one for the device and one for the TV. By default, the TV wall is empty.
    Long press on a photo item, then "Play On" to add the photo to TV wall.

In the menu, the "remote control" action is a toggle button to control the wall device or the wall TV. (the mobile screen becomes a touchpad)
    Of course, I need to improve the UI

I have mapped few settings from the application menu (swipe down from the top of screen)

Finally, PhotoWall will propose several modes :
    1) don't manage HDMI (so the BlackBerry OS manages the HDMI port => clone)
    2) manage HDMI :
    a) empty screen - no photo sharing (if you want to be sure that anybody can see your BlackBerry screen)
    b) a clone wall - draw the same wall but in fullscreen and without menu or user stuffs
    c) a second wall - pick the photo to share and add to TV wall.
    In 2) case, you can continue to do your stuffs (access to HUB, browser...) and continue to share your photos on the TV.

I wait your feedbacks and I hope that you will be enjoyed with this application.

Note: I don't forget PlayBook But I'll release at first on BlackBerry 10 then in a second time on PlayBook.

Nicolas
    portal, nealjane1 and Akuji_ism like this.
    09-25-13 02:26 PM
    its sounding really good...please please please update the playbook version too!!!
    BioDave1955 likes this.
    09-27-13 12:12 PM
    Please do.
    its sounding really good...please please please update the playbook version too!!!
    09-28-13 09:12 AM
    Looking forward to seeing the playbook version soon
    nealjane1 likes this.
    09-28-13 09:36 AM
    Hi guys,

Discover PhotoWall channel : C00124123

And download the last preview :
    Http://progweb.com/photowall-bb10.bar

Nicolas

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 01:21 AM
    Nice app