Hi everyone,

a few days ago DJ did a great job reviewing my new app, called PhotoUploader, here at CrackBerry. In case that you missed it, here you can read the review: Upload photos directly to Dropbox with PhotoUploader | CrackBerry.com

PhotoUploader is a native BlackBerry 10 app that will copy all your taken camera photos to your already connected Dropbox, Box.net or whatever folder you want on your device!

If you have any questions regarding the app, any issues or feature requests, please feel free to drop me a few lines here.

I'm already working on a first small update with some nice improvements. The next major update thereafter will make this an headless app! A new headless version has been already released to improve the usability on OS 10.2.1!

You need to run at least BlackBerry OS 10.2 for this app and OS 10.2.1 for the headless version!

If you want to give it a try, grab your copy here: PhotoUploader - BlackBerry World

Best,
    Sven
    Attached Thumbnails PhotoUploader - Automatically upload your photos to Dropbox or any other available location!-img_00000190.png   PhotoUploader - Automatically upload your photos to Dropbox or any other available location!-img_00000183.png   PhotoUploader - Automatically upload your photos to Dropbox or any other available location!-img_00000184.png   PhotoUploader - Automatically upload your photos to Dropbox or any other available location!-img_00000188.png   PhotoUploader - Automatically upload your photos to Dropbox or any other available location!-img_00000189.png  

Last edited by svzi#CB; 02-20-14 at 02:53 AM. Reason: updated app to headless
    alberto888zz likes this.
    12-30-13 07:09 AM
    Good luck with your app. Also, thanks for supporting the BB10 platform.
    svzi likes this.
    12-30-13 10:13 AM
    Will it save videos as well or just photos?

Posted via CB10
    12-30-13 11:01 AM
    It will save videos as well!
    12-30-13 11:31 AM
    Unavailable for this device. :-(

Posted via my Q10, still on 10.1.0.4189
    12-30-13 11:37 AM
    This app sadly needs OS 10.2!

Best,
    Sven
    12-30-13 12:26 PM
    Then please state the OS requirements up front in your posts, so that we 10.1 users (MANY of us!) can look elsewhere and bookmark these terrific-looking apps for later.

Many thanks for the dev work you do!

This app sadly needs OS 10.2!

Best,
    Sven

12-30-13 02:44 PM
    Good point, I've added that to the first post!
    12-30-13 02:56 PM
    Thank you so much for being so wonderfully responsive! That goes a long way with me, and I will DEFINITELY try your app as soon as my phone can run it! :-D

svzi likes this.
    12-30-13 03:03 PM
    Dev
    Is there anyway you can make it sync/upload the pictures/videos to Google+ ?
    Of course marked as private
    I dont want to share but just a keep a copy

I missed my android only for that reason

Posted via CB10
    12-31-13 01:44 AM
    Hi hakimmmmm!

Dev
    Is there anyway you can make it sync/upload the pictures/videos to Google+ ?
    Of course marked as private
    I dont want to share but just a keep a copy
    I can only recommend using my app together with the wonderful webservice Automate your Dropbox ! Just use my app to upload the pictures to a Dropbox folder of your choice and DropboxAutomator will upload the pictures to Google+ / Picasa. Give it a try!

Best,
    Sven
    12-31-13 07:18 AM
    Hi hakimmmmm!

I can only recommend using my app together with the wonderful webservice Automate your Dropbox ! Just use my app to upload the pictures to a Dropbox folder of your choice and DropboxAutomator will upload the pictures to Google+ / Picasa. Give it a try!

Best,
    Sven
    Thnxx for the tip.

Ill try that and see if its convenient

Posted via CB10
    svzi likes this.
    12-31-13 07:24 AM
    Hi everyone,

there has already been an update published in the last week. This is the changelog:

- ADDED: new setting to delete the photos after copying
    - ADDED: new setting to skip videos
    - ADDED: new setting to exit app after sync
    - ADDED: details for each list entry
    - ADDED: link to support thread @ crackberry forums!
    - BUGFIX: checking sd card permissions on app start
    - BUGFIX: updating active frame on network connection change
    - BUGFIX: showing correct active frame text

If you have any questions, suggestions or issues, please let me know!

Best,
    Sven
    01-05-14 06:47 AM
    Hey, great app. Had a slight problem with it, tried syncing photos and it didn't work so had to delete the app and re-install. All seems fine now.

Feature request:
    Could you allow multiple folders to sync with Dropbox rather than just the camera one?

Also, anyway of previewing what you have uploaded?

How about a headless mode? Maybe a Sync button in the current folders app?

Posted via P'9982 CB10
    01-20-14 04:16 AM
    Hi awaisb2012!

Hey, great app. Had a slight problem with it, tried syncing photos and it didn't work so had to delete the app and re-install. All seems fine now.
    Glad to read that it works for you now.

Feature request:
    Could you allow multiple folders to sync with Dropbox rather than just the camera one?
    Interesting feature request. I will start thinking about that, but don't expect it in the next release.

Also, anyway of previewing what you have uploaded?
    What do you exactly mean? Tapping an image in the list and the images should open or what did you thought about?

How about a headless mode? Maybe a Sync button in the current folders app?
    Permission for headless has been requested and granted. Now I need some time to learn about the headless stuff. That will be the next thing I'll implement for PhotoUploader. But I don't know if I can add a button to the file manager. I doubt that.

Best,
    Sven
    awaisb2012 and Dave XII like this.
    01-22-14 02:26 AM
    Hi everyone!

BlackBerry recently approved the new version (2.0) of the app! The app is finally headless and really rocks in my opinion. I'm using the headless version for some weeks now, and I really love the functionality that all my new taken photos are automatically synced to my Dropbox without any need to keep the app open all the time and so on. That's really awesome and I hope you like the new version as well.

Here is the changelog:

- NEW: app is now headless and runs in the background!
    - NEW: debug log for more informations during / about sync
    - NEW: optional notifications to the HUB
    - NEW: optional notifications to Pebble (Smartwatch)
    - NEW: added german and polish translations

Best,
    Sven
    02-20-14 02:50 AM
    If you have any questions regarding the app, any issues or feature requests, please feel free to drop me a few lines here.
    Is there any (API) reason this app has to be limited to Photos and Videos, instead of just files of all kinds or specified kinds in a user-selected folder or set of folders?

There seem to be all kinds of edge cases where saving a file directly to the Dropbox folder from an app is slow or can cause data loss; it'd be great if instead I could have other apps save stuff locally, and trust this app to get stuff to dropbox whenever it can, retrying if that fails for some reason.
    04-01-14 12:41 PM
    Hi djbclark!
    Is there any (API) reason this app has to be limited to Photos and Videos, instead of just files of all kinds or specified kinds in a user-selected folder or set of folders?
    No, there is no API reason. I just wanted to build the same functionality that I personally enjoyed in my Android days with the official Dropbox client: no need to worry about backing up your pictures manually.

There seem to be all kinds of edge cases where saving a file directly to the Dropbox folder from an app is slow or can cause data loss; it'd be great if instead I could have other apps save stuff locally, and trust this app to get stuff to dropbox whenever it can, retrying if that fails for some reason.
    I don't want to disappoint you, but as I already stated in the first post of this thread, the app only copies the files to the dropbox folder (or whatever folder you chose) on your device. For that reason the app works out-of-the-box with Dropbox, Box.net, Microsoft OneDrive and all folders linked with BlackBerry Link for example.

Best,
    Sven
    04-02-14 05:20 AM