So I have a picture I want to post on Instagram but its too tall. If I crop to a square picture half the picture is missing so what I need is to shrink it. I can't seem to find a photo editor app that will let me or do this with the BB 10 built in editor.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
    12-25-13 02:23 PM
    What you actually want to do is pad the sides with blank space so as to make the useful area of the image actually smaller in proportion to the overall image size.

Try PicFrame from BBW (a port, but it works). You can add a border, and adjust the thickness until it fits. It also lets you do varios aspect ratios (square, 4x6, etc. )

Photo editing app that shrinks picture but not crop?-img_00001260.png

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    12-25-13 02:36 PM
    Check out Effetica Demo - photo editor in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...tent/30826887?
    ?

Posted via the Diva's BlackBerry Z10.
    12-31-13 02:38 AM
    Another vote for Effectia. My all-time favorite photo app.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-13 10:56 AM
    Check out Photo X Pro - an Instagram/InstaPlace/InstaWeather alike Photo Editor (by Viet Hop Software): http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...editor-774455/

Download: Photo X Pro - BlackBerry World
    01-01-14 11:11 PM
    There's quite a few android apps you can sideload. SquareIt is one.

Pounded out on the last great qwerty to rule them all.. Q10
    01-02-14 09:28 PM
    So I have a picture I want to post on Instagram but its too tall. If I crop to a square picture half the picture is missing so what I need is to shrink it. I can't seem to find a photo editor app that will let me or do this with the BB 10 built in editor.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
    So you are looking for an image editor that supports image scaling, like zooming in or out an image, right? I have seen several apps have been recommended and I wonder which one works for you.
    03-18-14 02:50 AM
    So you are looking for an image editor that supports image scaling, like zooming in or out an image, right? I have seen several apps have been recommended and I wonder which one works for you.
    I think it's not about zooming/scaling, but rather turning rectangular image into square (Instagram requirements). And as someone already posted above Effetica is the only native app I know that can do it (Pad tool)
    03-18-14 07:07 AM