My data plan allows me 60 minutes each month of free calls abroad.
    Ist there a way or a specific app that can help me track and control those 60 minutes each month?

Thanks for any inputs!

Posted via CB10
    11-16-16 03:12 PM
    Ist there a way or a specific app that can help me track and control those 60 minutes each month?

Thanks for any inputs!

Posted via CB10
    Have you considered timing those calls and logging the times?

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    11-16-16 04:51 PM
    Have you considered timing those calls and logging the times?

Would call notes work... just a thought

Posted via CB10
    11-16-16 09:15 PM
    Your carrier should be the one tracking that not your phone or you by yourself.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-16 08:23 PM

Posted via CB10
    Ha ha ha I think he wants to track that so that he doesn't call too much as an overseas call is usually very expensive.
    11-20-16 01:26 AM

Thanks for any inputs!

Posted via CB10
    Does your carrier have an app or mobile website that will let you check your monthly usage? That would be the most accurate method.
    11-20-16 02:32 PM
    Ha ha ha I think he wants to track that so that he doesn't call too much as an overseas call is usually very expensive.
    Of course that's what he wants. What I meant was, his carrier should be the one providing him those details.

On my carrier, I can send an SMS with certain keywords to a certain number that will reply back with my current balance, remaining free minutes of calls and etc.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-16 07:39 PM
    Of course that's what he wants. What I meant was, his carrier should be the one providing him those details.

On my carrier, I can send an SMS with certain keywords to a certain number that will reply back with my current balance, remaining free minutes of calls and etc.

Posted via CB10
    Unfortunately not all carriers provide that.
    11-21-16 06:46 AM

Thanks for any inputs!

Posted via CB10
    Call Time Limit may be close to what you're looking for: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59966995

Or there are a couple other Call Timers in BBW: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/41212887

Otherwise, a time tracking app may do the trick:

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59952725

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59952477
    11-21-16 09:06 AM

Posted via CB10
    The point is to keep check on the amount of time BEFORE the billing period ends.

11-21-16 10:20 AM
    The point is to keep check on the amount of time BEFORE the billing period ends.

Doesn't your carrier have anyway to provide those details BEFORE the billing period!?

I already said that the carriers where I live can provide you those by sending an SMS with certain keywords to them. That's so year 2008 actually. They also have "carrier app" that will automatically available on your phone even on a Nokia 3310 that can also provide your account details and balances.

You can check it on their website which is so 2010s. Now you can install their app and check your balances.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-16 07:36 PM
    Doesn't your carrier have anyway to provide those details BEFORE the billing period!?

I already said that the carriers where I live can provide you those by sending an SMS with certain keywords to them. That's so year 2008 actually. They also have "carrier app" that will automatically available on your phone even on a Nokia 3310 that can also provide your account details and balances.

You can check it on their website which is so 2010s. Now you can install their app and check your balances.

Posted via CB10
    Or, you can do the math yourself and be assured that you are not close to or gone over your time limit. The general rule is; cover your butt, because no one else is going to protect it as well as you will.

11-21-16 07:48 PM
    Thanks for all your appreciated input and ideas!!!

My carrier 'Salt Switzerland ' does not have any such sms service, where I can ask or check my balance for abroad calls, nor do they have an app for BlackBerry but I can login via their HP and have a shortcut set up on my PP...

However they seem to not have exact figures and so it's not really reliable for me at the moment...

I guess not many carriers have this kind of plan, where you do have e.g. unlimited in-country and one hour or so abroad -> otherwise a developer sure would have somehow programmed this feature...

On the BBW links provided by semime - tku!!! unfortunately I could not find this feature in any of the suggested apps, Call Notes recommended by TheDutch20 could also be a solution, but I do not want a nagging for all calls only certain or abroad nbrs and also it seems to not provide automatic name and nbr of the call one called, which doesn't make it fluent enough, but there are two Call notes apps, so I will look into the other one too...

one app 'Call time limit' looks promising and I have asked the dev Trieu Chung for this feature...

Hopefully also others would like this feature and ask for it!

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    11-22-16 02:46 PM