Has anyone gotten the Pebble app functioning correctly? I have it installed and connected to the watch but it's asking for accessibility to be turned on and I'm not seeing those options

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 10:19 PM
    Did you mean you're using the Android app apk or the 3rd party BB10 app, Talk2Watch?

Talk2Watch - BlackBerry World
    jlc0312 likes this.
    02-04-14 11:15 PM
    You can enable the accessibility function by installing Nova launcher. Once you install it, open Nova launcher� try to get Android settings� and enable the Pebble accessibility.

I don't know how good the notifications work using this app.

I have Talk2Watch which I use regularly.

Do let us know on your findings.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 01:45 AM
    Yes yes do let us know!
    02-05-14 01:51 AM
    I want to know if you can install apps on the watch using this app. Does it work? Do the notifications work, of course not headless ?

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 04:08 AM
    I want to know if you can install apps on the watch using this app. Does it work? Do the notifications work, of course not headless ?

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    I was able to get it to install applications on the watch from my DA-C running the leak, but not from my Z10 running the official release.

I got an update to Pebble 2.0 on my iPad mini last night (though it won't connect to my phone either). Maybe they are finally rolling out 2.0 so we may see an update to the Android application, and eventually Talk2Watch.
    02-05-14 07:52 AM
    So guess I won't buy pebble then

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 09:40 AM
    Actually I was able to install apps using the latest Pebble app.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 12:53 PM
    I have a Q10 and Z10, haven't tried it with Z10.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 12:54 PM
    Just wanted to report what I've experienced so far:

Setup:
    1. Z10 on Verizon. With official 10.2.1.537.
    2. Pebble Watch 301BL. Hardware: V3R1.
    3. Installed Amazon App on BB. Downloaded APK and Install Pebble Watch App, from Amazon store.
    4. Sync Pebble Watch with phone via Bluetooth settings on BB. (Did not use Pebble App as it froze during the initial setup process)

Test/Experience:
    - Got txt message test sent to Watch. Although, txt msj don't sync.
    - Email not syncing
    - "Accessibility" setting the Pebble App on BB is not the same as on Android. Therefore, no possibility to turn that on.
    - Weather info and time do sync.
    - Can load APPs to watch from Pebble App
    - BB Pebble App restarts everytime you go back to BB Hub. Meaning that it may not run in the background at all times and some notifications may not be sent.
    - Since the Pebble App comes from Android there are a lot of companion apps that need to run as well to fetch data from your google account for example. I haven't gotten those to work yet... (Cookie issues)

Conclusion:
    Possible to run Pebble App on BB 10.2. Experience is limited though.
    02-11-14 03:29 PM
    The Pebble is awesome. I have the Pbble app and TalktoWatch. TtW has a lot of functions...too many actually. To me the watch is no good if it's constantly going off. I use Pbbl mostly. I get emails, text and phone call notification.
    02-11-14 04:28 PM
    The Pebble is awesome. I have the Pbble app and TalktoWatch. TtW has a lot of functions...too many actually. To me the watch is no good if it's constantly going off. I use Pbbl mostly. I get emails, text and phone call notification.
    At this point, I can't really get the Pebble watch to do anything except display the time. I downloaded the Pebble app from Snap and ran it but it can not find the watch. I have talktowatch pro running and I tried Pbble but it keeps giving me an error.
    I can't believe that it's SO difficult to get the Pebble watch to interact with my phone!
    Surely it's me if everyone else is having a smashing time of it, but the higgly piggly directions found here on CB aren't the clearest.
    A nice sticky with instructions on how to get your pebble watch to pair AND function would be great!
    04-29-14 11:17 AM
    At this point, I can't really get the Pebble watch to do anything except display the time. I downloaded the Pebble app from Snap and ran it but it can not find the watch. I have talktowatch pro running and I tried Pbble but it keeps giving me an error.
    I can't believe that it's SO difficult to get the Pebble watch to interact with my phone!
    Surely it's me if everyone else is having a smashing time of it, but the higgly piggly directions found here on CB aren't the clearest.
    A nice sticky with instructions on how to get your pebble watch to pair AND function would be great!
    Yup have the same issue, can't be bothered, it should be a lot easier. I just dropped it.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-14 12:55 PM
    To be fair, the watch isn't designed to work with BlackBerry or bb10.

You need to pair the watch in the bluetooth menu, not the app.
    Then launch the app talk2watch and keep it running in active frame.
    Sometimes you have to delete the stored pairing and re-pair if you are getting an error in talk2watch.

The pebble app can be used to load watch faces and updates, but you've I'll need the watch paired via the bb10 bluetooth screen first.

It really IS that easy.
    04-29-14 01:08 PM
    To be fair, the watch isn't designed to work with BlackBerry or bb10.

You need to pair the watch in the bluetooth menu, not the app.
    Then launch the app talk2watch and keep it running in active frame.
    Sometimes you have to delete the stored pairing and re-pair if you are getting an error in talk2watch.

The pebble app can be used to load watch faces and updates, but you've I'll need the watch paired via the bb10 bluetooth screen first.

It really IS that easy.
    Thanks. Those are the most direct instructions yet! I'll give it another go.
    04-29-14 02:55 PM
    Can anyone get the temperature to display on the Pebble? I had it with my Android phone but I switched to my Z10 and now I don't have it.
    04-29-14 04:56 PM
    Can anyone get the temperature to display on the Pebble? I had it with my Android phone but I switched to my Z10 and now I don't have it.
    Mines setup to use a script for that in talk2watch
    04-29-14 04:58 PM
    It all works nicely with talk2watch and pro version. Just no caller id yet due to BBRY api restrictions, not perfect but good enough to be really useful.

The pia is you need an iphone or android to update the watch software but they seem to be around if you don't have one hit up a buddy.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-14 06:44 PM
    It all works nicely with talk2watch and pro version. Just no caller id yet due to BBRY api restrictions, not perfect but good enough to be really useful.

The pia is you need an iphone or android to update the watch software but they seem to be around if you don't have one hit up a buddy.

Posted via CB10
    That used to be true.

Pebble Smartwatch App Working?-img_20140429_234659.png
    04-29-14 10:48 PM
    I have successfully gotten the Pebble App (through Snap) to work with the pebble.
    I have also gotten TalktoWatch Pro sending notifications to my pebble.
    Here's what I've found:
    You can't have both apps communicating with the watch at the same time.
    If TalktoWatch Pro is connected, the Pebble App (through Snap) won't see the watch at all.
    Same thing the other way around - if the Pebble App (through Snap) is connected, TalktoWatch Pro can't connect to the watch.
    This is a real pain for me because I have watch apps that need the Pebble App (through Snap) to communicate out to the internet.
    When TalktoWatch Pro is connected, the watch apps can't communicate out.
    Does anyone else have this issue - where both apps can't communicate with the watch at the same time?
    Are there any known solutions?
    06-02-14 06:32 AM
    I cant even install pebble app... was working thru talk to watch. but now it's gone back to "install and run pebble app". Screen. Won't do anything else. Starting to feel like it was a waist of $$$ and I've only had it for a day. Help plz??????
    06-24-14 06:25 PM
    Disconnect bluetooth, unpair your pebble and pair again. Restart pebble android app and it is usually working.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-14 12:03 PM
    I bought my watch 2 weeks ago. Works great with T2W. Can't get it all working with the proper pebble app. I grabbed Nova launcher turn on Accessibility. And enotify is handling the email alerts. But I still haven't figured out how to get my txt messages sent to my watch. Phone call - notifications work (no caller id). And I'm able to get weather up dates. I want the watch to WORK proper (with out having to buy an android device) so if anyone has any pointers plz let me know
    07-20-14 06:40 PM
    Check that T2W has the SMS icon highlighted. I think it should be yellow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    07-20-14 06:55 PM