Who plans to pay for WhatsApp when their years subscription comes to an end?

I remember back on the legacy OS they made WhatsApp free for life due to the popularity of BBM at the time. I wonder if they will do this again.

Personally I won't be paying for WhatsApp, instead i'll use it as a reason/excuse to make more people use BBM!

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 10:20 AM
    Well I haven't changed my number since that free WhatsApp promo they had back in BBOS days. And guess what, what ever phone I have my SIM card in, it has always a life time of WhatsApp license.
    02-02-14 10:28 AM
    Whatsapp always gives me "3months to expire" then renews automatically!

I think the moment they charge they crash!

They only enforced it on iphone users in the very begining!

Q10 Powered by 10.2.1.1925
    02-02-14 10:30 AM
    Whatsapp always gives me "3months to expire" then renews automatically!

I think the moment they charge they crash!

They only enforced it on iphone users in the very begining!

I know a couple of android users who had to pay. If this is the case then I may never need to pay.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 11:16 AM
    Well try it, if it actually stops and u actually need it then pay.

But I highly doubt u'll have to!

I can't wait till whatsapp becomes a fully paid service, am sure many will jump to bbm!

I loved whatsapp as a cross platform thingy, but hated the whole phone number thing.

With truecaller, whatsapp, and Internet connectivity (ie unlimited messages) combined spammers, adds, even (and u have no idea how many) prostitutes and scam artists keep bombarding my phone! A headache! One of my friends actually has 122 blocked contacts!

vaioman likes this.
    02-02-14 02:33 PM
    Haha I wonder how the prostitutes got your number!

Posted via CB10
    CrackberryQ likes this.
    02-02-14 02:43 PM
    Fortunately I have a lifetime subscription and don't plan on changing my number anytime soon.
    If they ever want to charge me: I'll ditch WhatsApp and fully switch to Facebook Messenger as even now almost nobody is on WhatsApp (and don't get me started with the problems I have using BBM ).
    02-03-14 02:13 AM
    and don't get me started with the problems I have using BBM .
    No better place to discuss these problems...

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 03:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD