Hi,

I just wanted to paste my password (from KPD) into the password field of the Facebook app. Unfortunately the contextmenu isn't opening while holding down my finger. Is this on purpose?

Cheerz
    04-22-13 06:26 AM
    I don't use Facebook, but most apps won't allow pasting of a password. Plus, as a security measure, it is best you manually enter your password...
    04-22-13 06:40 AM
    I don't use Facebook, but most apps won't allow pasting of a password. Plus, as a security measure, it is best you manually enter your password...
    What security vulnerabilities does allowing the pasting of a password introduce? Are you worried about credentials stored in the clipboard buffer? If the app I'm pasting from clears the clipboard after a couple of seconds, would that still be a vulnerability? What are the other issues?
    04-22-13 09:20 AM
    I'd only be concerned with having the password on my clipboard...

What security vulnerabilities does allowing the pasting of a password introduce? Are you worried about credentials stored in the clipboard buffer? If the app I'm pasting from clears the clipboard after a couple of seconds, would that still be a vulnerability? What are the other issues?
    04-22-13 09:24 AM
    Thanks naviwilliams. I always ask when someone asserts that blocking paste into a password field is desirable because it often interferes with password managers. Virtually all of the good ones automatically clear the clipboard after a very short time. Blocking pasting just impedes users that are doing the right thing and employing a unique, randomly generated password for every site.
    04-22-13 09:49 AM