I just tested Password Keeper from BlackBerry and I noticed that the app requires you to copy your password onto the clipboard so that you can paste it into a website field. I guess the info can now be seen by any program on my phone (ie all those apps asking for crazy levels of access). Is there a program that doesn't do that?

I know it is like comparing apples to oranges but on a computer, password programs can drag and drop your password into the appropriate field. This bypasses copying the information to the clipboard.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 09:16 AM
    Hi sparkaction,

uPass provides the ability to copy your password to the clipboard as well as clear the clipboard from the settings area.

uPass thread

If you have any questions feel free to ask.
    03-08-13 09:34 AM
    Hi A7omic

I was wondering if your app cleans the clipboard automatically after say leaving uPass or is this something I need to do manually?

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 11:16 AM
    It is something you would have to do manually, but that is a good idea and I could add automatic clear on close to a future release.
    03-08-13 01:49 PM
    Can your app export the data into a file readable by keepass on my home computer.

A feature that would be nice is a self destruction function if too many wrong attempts occur during log in.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 05:27 PM
    There is no export to other formats functionality or import of other formats, this is a stand alone BB10 solution.

Self destruct after say 10 tries could be added, I will add it to the list.
    03-08-13 06:59 PM
    I noticed that my saved passwords are shown when I open up the account. In a future release could the password have an option to be masked and unmasked?

In terms of the self destruct option it would be nice to have the option to choose the number of failed attempts before erasing itself.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 11:57 PM
    Its possible but what is the purpose of hiding the password?

Don't you want to see it so that you know what your password is? Also the password field is not the only sensitive field, you could use the custom fields to also store sensitive data.

Sure you may be logging into something using your phone and copy the password to the clipboard but there are many situations where you want to see your password or other info but not use it on the phone.

For example I am going to my banks web page using my PC and forgot the password so I pick up my phone and open uPass, I select the entry for my bank. I can now see the password and account number to log in.

I am out and I forgot the numbers for my combo lock, I check uPass.

I am on vacation and need to call my credit card company because I lost my credit card. I open uPass and get my credit card number and verification password.

I would really like to understand your use case for hiding the password.

Thx.
    03-12-13 01:31 PM
    I travel by public transit a lot. Sometimes I want to be productive so I log into my brokerage account to do some research. In these circumstances, it would be nice to copy and paste my password without it being exposed on my screen to the general public. Thus, a default masked setting would be ideal.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 04:45 PM
    This makes sense. All of your suggestion are great and should not be difficult to implement. I will start working on my next release soon but will not be able to release anything until I receive my LE Z10 and can fully test the updates.
    03-12-13 06:10 PM