Just got a notification that there is an update for password keeper.

Password Keeper update-img_00000534.png

Posted via CB10
    01-21-14 04:34 PM
    Thanks bud

Posted via CB10
    01-21-14 04:35 PM
    Just got a notification that there is an update for password keeper.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000534.png 
Views:	734 
Size:	206.6 KB 
ID:	240533

Posted via CB10
    How do you impot CSV formatted file(s)? I have 3 choices - import from 7.1 (can't figure that out since I can no longer use SwitchDevice. Import from a 10.x or import from Wallet.

I see nothing on my 9930 Bold that allows export to CSV or anything else.
    01-21-14 06:57 PM
    I've been waiting for this app to have an encrypted backup feature for quite some time. This is a VERY welcomed update!!! Thank you BlackBerry!!
    01-22-14 08:15 AM
    How do you impot CSV formatted file(s)? I have 3 choices - import from 7.1 (can't figure that out since I can no longer use SwitchDevice. Import from a 10.x or import from Wallet.

I see nothing on my 9930 Bold that allows export to CSV or anything else.
    I have the same question. I cannot see any import from CSV option anywhere just 2 password keeper and 1 BB wallet option.

Anybody figured this out yet?
    FF22 likes this.
    01-22-14 11:04 AM
    This is such a welcome update, thanks BlackBerry.
    I've saved my passwords to encrypted file today and will copy they to wifes phone and import for safe keeping. We trust each other like that.
    Looks like import can be done from password keeper settings where export can also be done.

One thing worth mentioning. Whilst 8 characters might seem a long enough password to enter an app if you plan to save to encrypted file Id use 16 characters or more in a file password as there are some incredibly fast brute force password finders about these days that can be used on files. Any thoughts on this?
    blee4 likes this.
    01-25-14 11:08 AM
    This is such a welcome update, thanks BlackBerry.
    I've saved my passwords to encrypted file today and will copy they to wifes phone and import for safe keeping. We trust each other like that.
    Looks like import can be done from password keeper settings where export can also be done.

One thing worth mentioning. Whilst 8 characters might seem a long enough password to enter an app if you plan to save to encrypted file Id use 16 characters or more in a file password as there are some incredibly fast brute force password finders about these days that can be used on files. Any thoughts on this?
    Imo if you have a password with capital letters mixed with numbers, you are safe. My password is 9 letters shuffled with capitals and numbers, and every site that has a password "safeness (?) says that its a strong password

Black cards, Black cars - all BlackBerry-thing!
    01-25-14 03:15 PM
    Imo if you have a password with capital letters mixed with numbers, you are safe. My password is 9 letters shuffled with capitals and numbers, and every site that has a password "safeness (?) says that its a strong password

Black cards, Black cars - all BlackBerry-thing!
    What Im saying is a password that has to be entered into an app is one thing. One used to open a file is another. I believe encrypted files need longer passwords than applications or devices because its much easier too crack files and with multiple GPUs with thousands of cores - passwords unless sufficiently long and sufficienty random can be cracked. That said 9 randon characters are probably secue?, 6 random characters or any dictionarry word s probably crackable?
    01-25-14 05:25 PM
    Has anyone figured out how to IMPORT from csv or what the field order is for CSV?
    04-17-14 09:29 AM
    To export in CSV format:
    1) Options
    2) Export button
    3) Toggle "Encryption" to OFF
    4) Next
    5) Choose location to save file and SAVE

This will export the records as CSV (custom security records and settings won't be written to the file). If encryption is ON then it will export as a .PKB which stores the file encrypted with your password keeper master password (custom security records and settings will be saved to).

To determine the import format of the CSV file, you can export as CSV then take a look at the header of the file.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 09:27 PM
    To import via CSV:

1) Options
    2) Import button
    3) Choose "Password Keeper For BlackBerry 10"
    4) Select the CSV file to import (or the PKB file)

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 09:29 PM