Hey all,

I just want to let the community know about a native Blackberry 10 Facebook application that I have written. It lets you view your newsfeed, chat to your Facebook friends and personalize notifications for chat messages within device settings, upload photos and videos to Facebook within the app or when browsing your pictures or videos (you can share multiple videos/pictures here as well), you can checkin to Facebook places located near you, view a list of your friends and browse their walls, comment on and like posts, the list is endless!

A lot of time, thought and effort has gone into making this app so I hope it is useful to some people.

I will be adding even more functionality and I will be happy to add features requested by it's user to make it even better.

Check it out at BlackBerry world - it's called FriendsCloser For Facebook and it's only a dollar!

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...tent/36498891/
    09-25-13 04:54 AM
    First of all, it's awesome that you've taken the time to develop a native BlackBerry app.

However, of course we have the free Facebook app as well, which also includes those futures. Why would anyone pay to do the same in a different app?

To my opinion, it would be good to have a free trial. Maybe 3 days, to get people who download it get used to using this Facebook app instead of the free one. Maybe after that, people are willing to pay a dollar to be able to keep using your app.

Just a small suggestion, based on my personal view on this. I for one would want to try the app first, before I pay a dollar when I already have a free Facebook app now. Give people a chance to see it first before any payment. Whatever you choose for, good luck!

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    COPiSEN and Deanig_12 like this.
    09-25-13 05:04 AM
    Thanks for your comments Kimoi,

I understand the question "why would anyone pay a dollar when there is a free..." but I know users like an alternative and there aren't that many alternatives for BlackBerry 10 users to chat on Facebook from their devices so I just thought I'd offer them one, with a lot more features included!

Also, I'm hoping that in time I will add even more functionality which might come from user requests to give them even more for their dollar and making the app stand out more on BlackBerry world.

I will look into a trial version but I'm also hoping that word of mouth will play a part if the app is deemed any good by the people who give it a try.
    kimoi likes this.
    09-25-13 05:19 AM
    I would also love a trial. How about a complete feature list that would be great to compare the app with the built in one!

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 05:40 AM
    Or you can choose to bring out a FREE version and a PAID version, where the FREE version has limited functionality (like no smileys, send pictures, etc.).
    09-25-13 06:10 AM
    Thanks for the suggestions - I'm looking into making it available for free for a limited time or with limited functionality, it should be available in a few days.
    COPiSEN, nck20 and eldricho like this.
    09-25-13 06:26 AM
    Cost me 0.75 and I was happy to pay it for an app that works. The native app has never worked properly on my Z10. And I received almost instant support from the developer when I did have an issue (which was resolved) . Never even got a response from the native app support.. for service alone well worth the pennies

Posted via CB10
    kimoi and BusyDeveloper like this.
    09-28-13 01:12 AM
    Just want to let you all know that I have added a few new features to the app such as..

hub integration for chat messages

option to edit image and apply filters before uploading to Facebook

sending and receiving emoticons is now also supported in chat

There are also many more improvement in what was already a feature packed Facebook application. Version 1.0.13 is now available in app world to download or update.
    10-01-13 02:46 AM
    Why... Are....3rd...Party... Developers...Popping....Out...Just....NOW!! =))

Great job on the client though and I think a Demo version (e.g. 3 days) would be fine to compare this to the official FB app.
    BusyDeveloper likes this.
    10-01-13 03:15 AM
    I just bought the app but sadly I cannot connect in chat. Please fix it and change your icon coz its not good. I'm in OS 10.2 by the way...
    our Native BlackBerry 10 Facebook Chat application-img_00001304.png

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 08:02 AM
    Thanks for your feedback on the icon, I might take your advice - my image design isn't the best!

Can you contact me via app world support email and I will assist you with connecting to chat.
    10-01-13 08:12 AM
    Email sent. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 09:49 AM
    Bought your app. Is there a way to bypass the app posting to my friends on my behalf?
    10-01-13 10:50 AM
    you mean the permission? You can change what apps have what permissions in facebook itself - just go to settings - apps and then select friendscloser for facebook and remove whatever permission you wish. It doesn't require posting to friends wall but it does require other permissions to function properly.

Thanks for buying the app btw.
    10-01-13 11:03 AM
    Great Facebook app! And its got share!! Thanks for putting in the work to give an alternative choice.
    10-01-13 11:16 AM
    Really glad you like it - there is even more to come with future updates and I'm always willing to listen to suggestions if anybody wants something specific adding. That would look great as an app world review btw
    10-01-13 11:39 AM
    Hi Team,

I think I'm encountering the "Error Connecting to Facebook Chat" message. I have logged in the app's FB login page normally. Is this a work in progress.

I'm using Z10STL100-2/10.2.0.1725

Z10 | Z10STL100-2/10.2.0.1725 | Globe PH
    10-01-13 12:45 PM
    Looks like I need to get hold of 10.2.0.1725 to see whats happening with that os version when connecting to chat. I just ask for a bit of patience but I give you my word it will be fixed asap. Thanks for buying the app, I hope long term you see it as a dollar well spent!
    10-01-13 01:02 PM
    I just bought the app but sadly I cannot connect in chat. Please fix it and change your icon coz its not good. I'm in OS 10.2 by the way...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00001304.png 
Views:	1128 
Size:	151.5 KB 
ID:	206807

Posted via CB10
    I'm getting the same message with Chat....

I have a STL100-1 device with the official OS 10.1.0.4181. Hope it gets fix cos the original app is horrible...

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 02:43 PM
    Looks like I need to get hold of 10.2.0.1725 to see whats happening with that os version when connecting to chat. I just ask for a bit of patience but I give you my word it will be fixed asap. Thanks for buying the app, I hope long term you see it as a dollar well spent!
    Thanks man. Btw,my version is "old" as the 10.2.0.1767 build had been leaked. And reportedly it's the MR version

Z10 | Z10STL100-2/10.2.0.1725 | Globe PH
    10-01-13 07:25 PM
    Hey all,

I am very relieved to say I have found the issue you have been experiencing when connecting to chat.

The reason the bug got passed me was because it only appeared once downloaded from app world. It logged in fine when debugging!

BlackBerry are currently only taking average 1-2 days to approve an update so hopefully you see the fix tomorrow.

Sorry about that.
    10-02-13 07:44 AM
    I can now connect to chat. Thanks for the update. Please also update your icon LOL!

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 07:42 AM

BlackBerry are currently only taking average 1-2 days to approve an update so hopefully you see the fix tomorrow.

Sorry about that.
    Firstly, I'm excited with your app cause I'm stuck with the integrated chat function in Facebook. But I think you should improve the app's UI and yes, change the icon.
    Moreover, I personally think that another name that remind us much more about original version will be more impressive, something like: messenger for facebook, chat on facebook...

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 04:07 AM
    Thanks for your comments and the advice - I will change the icon and naturally improve the ui over the next few weeks and maybe also rename the app, whilst also adding more features (just working on adding share option atm).

There is an update on the way btw which fixes an issue with getting list of freinds in the menu (a Facebook change on 4/10 broke it) and it also adds emoticon support throughout (not just chat).
    10-05-13 07:10 AM
    Hey guys, I am just posting to let you know an update is available for FriendsCloser which contains the ability to share posts as you scroll through your newsfeed or friends wall. There are also many more improvements and added features and I have also changed the icon!

The next update (early next week) will add the ability to set privacy to whatever you upload/post so only a certain audience can see what you send.

There's now a few things you can do with this app which you cant do with any other Facebook app available for BlackBerry devices such as apply filters to an image before uploading, select a list of videos to upload to Facebook rather than one at a time, send and receive emoticons in posts and chat messages, share posts and I will adding more!

If you have already purchased the app and like it (and the continued updates) can I ask you to leave a positive review on BlackBerry world please to give the app more appeal? (it's only got 3 reviews in about a month!).
    its Steve likes this.
    10-11-13 07:14 AM
27 12