Hi there!

I'm really sad to announce that Springpad, the wonderful backend service behind OrganizeMe!, is shutting down.

For that reason I need to pull the app out of the BlackBerry World. Sorry for that and thank you all for your awesome support during that short time span...

Source:
    https://springpad.com/blog/2014/05/a...shutting-down/

Sad greetings,
    Sven
    kulturguth likes this.
    05-23-14 11:05 AM
    Oh what a shame!

Not only that one if the better platforms is closing down. But also it makes your app useless. I'm really sorry about that and for you. Thank you very much for your effort!!!

And good success for your future projects! Chin up!

Best regards

kulturguth
    svzi likes this.
    05-23-14 02:58 PM
    Sven,

Is it possible to create an app that mimics the recipe storage and shopping function of the springpad app? And backup to box. Or OneDrive?

Using the springpad app on my Z30 that is what I am going to miss the most.

My thought is with 10.3 remember app will get an update and with Evernote it will cover all my needs but for the recipe functionality.

Thanks,

G

Posted via CB10
    05-27-14 04:15 PM
    Hi gokulesh,
    Is it possible to create an app that mimics the recipe storage and shopping function of the springpad app? And backup to box. Or OneDrive?
    That's possible for sure, but currently I would prefer Dropbox storage for several reasons. But I guess that's not the point here

My thought is with 10.3 remember app will get an update and with Evernote it will cover all my needs but for the recipe functionality.
    I fully agree with that! I really love the ability to manage all my recipes and shopping lists with Springpad. I also love to use it for my todo lists as well.

I didn't find any replacement for that so far... But I don't know if I want to modify OrganizeMe! to be able to make a storage to Dropbox e.g.! The problem with that is that I'm using Springpad not only on my BB10 device, but also a lot in my chrome browser. I've developed OrganizeMe! two years ago for chrome, and I'm still using it frequently. So I would also need to write a replacement for that. And what about my iOS and Android devices? I won't be able to maintain all the time to develop for each platform...

Best,
    Sven
    05-28-14 05:36 AM
    Hi there!

Springpad finally delivers the export tools. You can now migrate your data directly to Evernote and to a local file:
    https://springpad.com/savemystuff

Also Pocket offers migration of Springpad data:
    Springpad into Pocket « Pocket Blog

With Pocket you can use my other app, ReadItNow! (ReadItNow! - Pocket client - BlackBerry World), to maintain access to your data on BlackBerry 10!

Best,
    Sven
    kulturguth likes this.
    05-28-14 05:38 AM
    Hi Sven,

thanks for your support regarding the migration of data from springpad. I didn't know about the possibility to transfer links and articles to Pocket (-> and to ReadItNow!).

For my task management I have now switched over to SlickTasks. It is not the same (and it is more expensive), but it does the job. It was nicer to have it all stored in one place instead of saving things to different apps, but well, ....

Best regards

kulturguth
    svzi likes this.
    06-03-14 02:56 AM
31 12