Hi everyone,

I want to introduce my next app, calledOrganizeMe!, shortly to you.

OrganizeMe! is the first and only available BlackBerry 10 client for Springpad. It's already available on the BlackBerry PlayBook for nearly two years (look here: http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...e-note-719357/) and it took my quite some time to finally bring it to BlackBerry 10. To offer the best possible user experience I decided to do a complete re-write with native / cascades.

For those who don't know the PlayBook version or Springpad itself, let me shorty try to explain. Springpad is a note taking service, something similar to Evernote, but more complex and user-friendly in my opinion. The app offers you an amazing way to organize all your digital stuff, e.g. Notes, Recipes, Lists (ToDo, Shopping, ...), Bookmarks. You can organize your stuff in different Notebooks and have the ability to do a full-text search over all of your stuff.

I've attached a few screenshots to this post, so you can have a first glimpse of what to expect.

At this time the app is only a limited beta, but because of the amount of work already spent and the amount that is needed to be spend for further development, I decided to publish the app as some kind of paid beta. The app will be available for only 0.99$ and that price will raise as soon as the development has finished! With this payment you also support the further development and, most importantly, you can raise your voice and help to direct the development of OrganizeMe! in a direction that you personally favor.

Currently available features (abstraction):
    • Read access to many different object types (notes, bookmarks, recipes, lists,...)
    • Possibility to edit existing and create new list entries
    • Possibility to edit existing notes
    • Extensive full context search on all elements
    • Access attachments while you're online!
    • Access most other data while you're offline!

If you have any questions or wishes, feel free to ask! If you want to support the further development of this app, just get it now: https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...ntent/34471387

Best,
    Sven
    Attached Thumbnails OrganizeMe! - Springpad Client for BlackBerry 10-img_20140405_224120.png   OrganizeMe! - Springpad Client for BlackBerry 10-img_20140405_224226.png   OrganizeMe! - Springpad Client for BlackBerry 10-img_20140405_224209.png   OrganizeMe! - Springpad Client for BlackBerry 10-img_20140405_224143.png   OrganizeMe! - Springpad Client for BlackBerry 10-img_20140405_224136.png  

OrganizeMe! - Springpad Client for BlackBerry 10-img_20140405_224133.png  
    Last edited by svzi#CB; 04-22-14 at 10:41 AM. Reason: Added BlackBerry World link
    sushistew and Korr Valmoria like this.
    04-05-14 04:14 PM
    Sounds quite ambitious. Good luck with the beta and final release of the app. I admire your loyalty to the Playbook and bb10 platforms.
    svzi likes this.
    04-05-14 05:03 PM
    sounds like a lot of work went into this app, i will be giving it a try for sure, thanks for pb and bb10 support
    04-06-14 12:41 PM
    I used your app on PlayBook in fact I recall you a adding some suggested features during the way release. I would ad many others would be happy to purchase your app. The PlayBook version was well done, good UI and aesthetically pleasing. If you get it and app world and provide the support you did on PlayBook, I am sure you will see a great response from the BlackBerry community.
    Good luck with it

Posted via CB10
    04-06-14 08:44 PM
    Hi Sven,

great news! I'm looking forward to finding your app in the Blackberry World.

It was one of my favourites, when I was still using an HP Pre3. (yes, I am one of the few who did use - and love - this rare gadget...) BB10 is the only OS that matches my needs and preferences after the discontinuing of webOS. So, I am glad to find some of the best apps from those days here again ;-)

Best

kulturguth
    04-07-14 04:17 AM
    Subscribed!

Posted via CB10
    04-07-14 04:32 AM
    Thanks a lot for all your kind support, but sadly BlackBerry had denied the first version. Looks like I'm not allowed to purchase an a app with "BETA" inside the name. Didn't knew that before.

Also they found a bug that's make it impossible to create a new Springpad account from inside the app. A real showstopper, I agree with.

Sadly I'm currently unable to make a new version, because I'm not at home for a few days. I will create the new version on the next weekend.

Best,
    Sven

Posted via CB10
    Dave XII and Korr Valmoria like this.
    04-08-14 01:04 PM
    Hi everyone!

OrganizeMe! is finally available for BlackBerry 10, but keep in mind that the app is in an early stage. Everyone who wants to support the further development, just buy this early adopter version for a really cheap price. It will never get that low again.

You can grab your copy here: https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...ntent/34471387

Best,
    Sven
    04-22-14 10:41 AM
    @Sven out of curiosity, why do you prefer Springpad over Evernote? Do you? But anyway -thanks for another great, native BB10 app.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-14 12:02 PM
    Yes, I clearly prefer Springpad over Evernote (to answer that at first).

I really like and use the ability to store different kind of object types, with different meta data. An recipe for example looks completely other that a simple note. For that reason it's way more beautiful to store your recipes in Springpad, instead of Evernote. I also like the general look and feel of Springpad, alongside the great Webclipper, that is built into OrganizeMe! as well.

For everyone who is using Evernote, I can only recommend to have a look at Springpad. For those who like what they see, there is an easy way to migrate your data from Evernote to Springpad, just to give it a try: Evernote to Springpad Convertor

Best,
    Sven
    04-22-14 12:30 PM
    @Sven ok thanks for pointing. I will have a closer look!

Posted via CB10
    04-22-14 12:40 PM
    You're welcome! I appreciate your ongoing support. Do you already joined my BBM developer channel?

Best,
    Sven

Posted via CB10
    04-22-14 12:46 PM
    Just downloaded :-)

Thanks for the continuous work on the project!

I will give you feedback after testing.

Best kulturguth

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by kulturguth; 04-24-14 at 06:30 AM.
    04-22-14 04:34 PM
    Great, appreciate that!

I also plan to add a poll here (don't know if and how that is possible here) to prioritize the next features.

Best,
    Sven

Posted via CB10
    04-22-14 06:26 PM
    Hi Sven,

Thanks a lot for bringing springpad to BB10.

I do like springpad for its complex approach. evernote is fine for taking notes, remembering links, addresses or what ever comes to your mind or meets your eye and should not be forgotten. But I never found it convenient to manage todo-lists, tasks or shopping-lists. This is where springpad meets my needs and likes. If I were a Mac-user, I would probably use omnifocus. But that is not there for PC. Slick Tasks has a very good approach regarding tasks and projects with several layers of subtasks. But I like it to have things together in one app and not having to change and check several apps all day. That's why springpad fits very well for me as a compromise to manage most of my stuff effeciently. If the tasks of BB Remember would sync with outlook, it would serve the same purpose. But I find it useless to have a task-manager that can be seen and edited only on my phone.

Well, this is where I come from and why I want to support the development of this app: to contribute to a great productivity-tool (which will in return be quite useful to me in in my professional and private life).

First of all: I like the clean look and the efficiency of OrganizeMe! very much!

I have tried the Android app on my Z10, but I didn't like it at all. First of all it is extremely slow and then the UI is a copy of the webpage, which I find not very useful for a smartphone.

For the further development I found some bugs and have some proposals:
    • the link in the help menue leads to the old forum thread of the playbook-version. It should lead to this thread here, shouldn't it?
    • in the description of the app you mention several features. But you don't mention the web-clipper, which already works quite well in your app ;-)
    • after adding a "spring", meaning a webpage from the browser, the app says, it would close after 3-2-1 seconds. But it doesn't. Also the "close" button doesn't work. When the app was open before, you can use the back arrow < to continue working with it. If the app was not open beforen adding a link, you have to close and re-open it before you can use it again.
    • as I mentioned before: tasks are very important to me. Actually you can only see them in the app, but neither edit nor mark them completed. To change this, would be the most important update to me.
    • when you update the view while being in one notebook, it will show "all my stuff" instead of the content of only this notebook. So you have to leave and go back to the specific notebook to be back in the needed view.
    • in my taste, the list of "Sort-By"-options is too long. I propose to skip the ascendend, decendend options and leave only the options "name, created, modified"
    • plus (very important!): give the option to sort by Due Date!
    • it is nice (and normal) to be asked, if I really want to delete something after hitting the trashbin-icon. But I find it annoying to have an alert-sound played with the question. Please delete that (or give me the option to toggle it).
    • and (last but not least): as a german user using an app from a german developer I would not mind having a german version of it ;-) But don't worry: that's not really important.

Well, I hope, I don't give you too much headache with my list...

Best
    kulturguth
    svzi likes this.
    04-24-14 06:21 AM
    Hi kulturguth!

Thanks a lot for your very valuable feedback so far. I really appreciate it. And your absolutely right about your comparison between Springpad and Evernote. I use Springpad to organize all my todo list, as well for my private and professional life.

[*]the link in the help menue leads to the old forum thread of the playbook-version. It should lead to this thread here, shouldn't it?
    Fixed in new version.

[*]in the description of the app you mention several features. But you don't mention the web-clipper, which already works quite well in your app ;-)
    Updated app description to point that out.

[*]after adding a "spring", meaning a webpage from the browser, the app says, it would close after 3-2-1 seconds. But it doesn't. Also the "close" button doesn't work. When the app was open before, you can use the back arrow < to continue working with it. If the app was not open beforen adding a link, you have to close and re-open it before you can use it again.
    This is not that easy to add, because the message comes from the Springpad WebClipper and not from my app. I did not find any way to detect if the data has been saved or not. Maybe I could parse the HTML code as soon as the URL has changed, but currently I think there are way more important things for me to work on. I've added a notification toast to inform the user that he needs to close the app manually, in case the app wasn't open before. I hope that will improve the usability.

[*]as I mentioned before: tasks are very important to me. Actually you can only see them in the app, but neither edit nor mark them completed. To change this, would be the most important update to me.
    I've put this on my todo list.

[*]when you update the view while being in one notebook, it will show "all my stuff" instead of the content of only this notebook. So you have to leave and go back to the specific notebook to be back in the needed view.
    Known issue, will be fixed somewhere in the next releases.

[*]in my taste, the list of "Sort-By"-options is too long. I propose to skip the ascendend, decendend options and leave only the options "name, created, modified"
    You were right about that. I completely re-worked that part.

[*]plus (very important!): give the option to sort by Due Date!
    Done.

[*]it is nice (and normal) to be asked, if I really want to delete something after hitting the trashbin-icon. But I find it annoying to have an alert-sound played with the question. Please delete that (or give me the option to toggle it).
    I'm using the standard dialog for notification. I've not added an sound or something similar. Should be default by the system.

[*]and (last but not least): as a german user using an app from a german developer I would not mind having a german version of it ;-) But don't worry: that's not really important.
    Feel free to translate it.

I'm also looking for some interested beta tester, who are already familiar with Springpad itself. If you're interested in becoming one kulturguth, that would be really helpful to me. If you want to join, please send me an email (via OrganizeMe -> About) and let me know your BlackBerry ID.

Best,
    Sven
    kulturguth likes this.
    04-25-14 10:34 AM
    Hi Sven,

wow. Thanks for working out almost all my questions so quickly!

Regarding web-clipper: yes, a little notification will improve usability. That will do it.

Thanks for your information regarding the notifications. By standard it was set to the annoying sound "Wichtig" plus the blinking LED plus the popup in the app. That was really too much. But after reading your post, I checked the general settings. There, settings/notifications/apps/OrganizeMe I could switch off the noise. Puh.

Regarding tasks I found one more issue: they will not disappear after being marked as completed on springpad.com. Even after deleting them, they are still shown in the app.

About beta-testing I will write you an email. Since I am not so much a techie and still new to BlackBerry, I have no idea, what that really means ;-)

Best

Kulturguth
    04-25-14 04:06 PM
    Hi Kulturguth!

I've discovered some issues with tasks as well and I already contacted Springpad for some help, but I got no answer yet.

I'm very happy that we have discussed the topics regarding beta-testing via mail. So welcome again to the testing team!

Best,
    Sven
    04-28-14 12:33 AM
    Hi all!

The new version has been approved by BlackBerry and should be available soon. Here is the changelog:

- NEW: adding ingriedents to shopping lists!
    - NEW: security question before clearing local data
    - NEW: menu entry to rate the app
    - IMPROVED: sorting options
    - IMPROVED: handling of the WebClipper
    - IMPROVED: general ui stuff
    - FIXED: button in help dialog now points to correct cb thread

If you like the app and appreciate the steady improvement, it would be really nice if you could leave a good review in the BlackBerry World. If you have any questions or issue, please contact me before leaving a bad review. I'm sure we can solve your issue. Thanks for your support in advance!

Best,
    Sven
    04-29-14 09:14 AM
    Is this the mobile version of Springpad?

Sent from the phone of the Gods....Z30
    04-29-14 09:53 AM
    It tries to be, because it's still in development. But yes, something like that.
    04-29-14 10:04 AM
    It tries to be, because it's still in development. But yes, something like that.
    and already very useful!

Thanks for the update. The new release is a big step forward.

Best
    kulturguth
    svzi likes this.
    04-29-14 11:49 AM
    Hi Sven,

So far your application is quite enjoyable to work with!
    Certainly worth the reduced price.
    Keep up the good work.
    Thanks for the heads up earlier today on Bbm.
    That's a good point to make too, about the real time help that I received from you today through your Bbm channel.
    That quality of support adds significant value to your product.
    Good luck on your endeavor.

Cheers,
    Rick

Sent from the phone of the Gods....Z30
    04-29-14 09:55 PM
    Hi Rick,

thanks for your nice words, I appreciate your support as well.

Best,
    Sven
    05-03-14 07:20 AM
    Hi Sven,

I hope you're fine and the work is going on well.

Apart from the things I already told you, I have one more issue and one more feature for my wish-list ;-)

1. when I generate a shopping-list from a recipe, it appears in a strange order: it is neither alphabetical nor the order of the recipe. IMO it would be the best, when to create it in the original order of the recipe by default.

2. the wish-list-entry is connected to this: I am missing the possibility to re-order entries in any check-list. It can be in the style of tap-and-hold (similar to the web-client of springpad) or with the context menue (like in your webOS app). But the function should be there. It helps a lot to organize projects in a check-list.

2.b. In this it would be also nice to have the possibility to mark more than one entry at once (to check or delete a number of sub-tasks or whatever at once).

Today I switched on my HP TouchPad (for the first time after months...) and checked back the extremely well done webOS version of OrganizeMe! In this you had integrated the possibility to create calendar events from within the app for tasks. After remembering this, I asked myself, if you are planning such an integration for BB10 too... Are you? I would appreciate ;-)

Thanks for your good work and outstanding support.

Best

kulturguth
    05-05-14 07:38 AM
31 12