The best line of this thread is the no support for Stockholm....LOL LOL LOL....come on if you work for Samsung come clean...LOL.....

Posted via CB10
    02-23-14 12:19 PM
    BlackBerry maps many times works better than iOS maps for my gf and I

Posted via my NEW Zed30
    02-23-14 12:20 PM
    I use a star chart map to get me to where I'm going!
    02-23-14 01:00 PM
    Don't think it has anything to do with BB Maps.
    If you say so. The problem is non existent on iOS/google maps/ waze etc

Sent from my  using Tapatalk
    02-23-14 01:15 PM
    Not sure why, but when I added the new 2141 leak, BB maps no longer supports voice directions. Just noises. Even double checked the settings and it's set to voice. It just doesn't work any more. :/
    02-23-14 01:26 PM
    Not sure why, but when I added the new 2141 leak, BB maps no longer supports voice directions. Just noises. Even double checked the settings and it's set to voice. It just doesn't work any more. :/
    I installed the same leak and my BlackBerry Maps still supports voice directions so I don't know why your having that issue. Try re-installing BlackBerry Maps.

Posted Via AT&T BlackBerry Z10
    02-23-14 02:03 PM
    Maybe putting in your state within the address will show you the correct one.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-14 02:08 PM
    If a person can't use BlackBerry maps, then you probably shouldn't be driving. It is simple, works flawlessly and is way more accurate than any other map I've used.

User error comes to mind if ur 300 miles off target.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-14 02:15 PM
    If a person can't use BlackBerry maps, then you probably shouldn't be driving. It is simple, works flawlessly and is way more accurate than any other map I've used.

Posted via CB10
    Good Call! ( I needed that ) LOL
    02-23-14 02:24 PM

Posted via CB10
    I hear it's a lot tougher in space craft....
    02-23-14 02:41 PM

Posted via CB10
    Agreed! I don't understand why some people have any issues with it at all

Posted Via AT&T BlackBerry Z10
    02-23-14 03:20 PM
    It sucks! Can't find local establishments does not integrates with foursquare, when I click go in foursquare the bbmaps popout and toast "no results found," does anyone know how to add establishments in bbmaps like gmaps do?

Posted via CB10
    02-23-14 03:37 PM
    I find BB Maps can have this quirk where you need to be quite specific with the address, and to get it to match the address that is stored in TomTom Maps. For example, looking for 537 King Street West, Toronto, doesn't give me the correct location, but 537 King St W, Toronto, does. Very weird, but once you know that you may need to type in the address differently, you can live with it. Nobody else's turn by turn navigation comes close.

Another quirk - in heavy traffic, I need to turn off traffic optimization. The reason is that it doesn't collect data from minor streets, which are just as busy as the major ones in rush hour. So it can send you on a really bizarre alternate route which will be even slower than the slow-moving highway. Again, once you know the problem, you can deal with it. No map app is perfect for everyone in every situation, that's why I have BeMaps Pro as well.
    02-23-14 03:37 PM
    It sucks! Can't find local establishments does not integrates with foursquare, when I click go in foursquare the bbmaps popout and toast "no results found," does anyone know how to add establishments in bbmaps like gmaps do?

Posted via CB10
    It works for me in Four Square. Here's what you do. Open Four Square find your destination. On Four Square, there will be a small map with an Icon on it indicating the location. Tap the location, BB maps comes up and it will go right to the location with the correct street address, beside it is a triangle. Tap the triangle and it will give you time to travel and route from your location. In system settings, under security and privacy/application permissions, do you see Four Square under ALL?
    02-23-14 04:11 PM
    I find BB Maps can have this quirk where you need to be quite specific with the address, and to get it to match the address that is stored in TomTom Maps. For example, looking for 537 King Street West, Toronto, doesn't give me the correct location, but 537 King St W, Toronto, does. Very weird, but once you know that you may need to type in the address differently, you can live with it. Nobody else's turn by turn navigation comes close.

Another quirk - in heavy traffic, I need to turn off traffic optimization. The reason is that it doesn't collect data from minor streets, which are just as busy as the major ones in rush hour. So it can send you on a really bizarre alternate route which will be even slower than the slow-moving highway. Again, once you know the problem, you can deal with it. No map app is perfect for everyone in every situation, that's why I have BeMaps Pro as well.
    Check your version of BB maps. I know what you mean, but in my version whey I type 537 King Street West, it defaults to the abbreviated name 537 King St W. In checking a contact with this, I tapped one that is at 222 Bay Street and it took me to 222 Bay St, the correct address, just an abbreviated name, in your case does it just not come up?
    02-23-14 04:18 PM
    Check your version of BB maps. I know what you mean, but in my version whey I type 537 King Street West, it defaults to the abbreviated name 537 King St W. In checking a contact with this, I tapped one that is at 222 Bay Street and it took me to 222 Bay St, the correct address, just an abbreviated name, in your case does it just not come up?
    Sometimes it doesn't come up at all. I had exactly this situation with a King St. West address (not 537, but that's irrelevant), and it gave me addresses in King City before anything downtown Toronto. Very strange search algorithm, and I can certainly understand how some people just give up on this app. I miss BB Traffic, it didn't have the flashy UI, but it was a better navigation app.
    02-23-14 05:39 PM
    Sometimes it doesn't come up at all. I had exactly this situation with a King St. West address (not 537, but that's irrelevant), and it gave me addresses in King City before anything downtown Toronto. Very strange search algorithm, and I can certainly understand how some people just give up on this app. I miss BB Traffic, it didn't have the flashy UI, but it was a better navigation app.
    I can see that King Street is a widely used name. In Google Maps, King Street usually takes you to Niagara Region, then Caledon, then Niagara on the Lake. But King St. takes you to Toronto. Tricky name. I have used so many car navigation systems that do the same thing, it is not the App per se. You need specific information. In Muskoka, if you don't use Seguin for the township, you will not find roads in Rosseau and that can be a bugger (ask me how I know). You may use Bala or Port Carling, but you won't get there.
    02-23-14 05:45 PM
    Hit find your location first, then search for your address

Posted via CB10
    02-23-14 05:48 PM
    You turn off gps? . Sorry, had to :d

Posted via CB10
    02-23-14 05:48 PM
    After the latest update they are ok, just that there's no offline maps available

Posted via Z10 from Lithuania
    02-23-14 06:03 PM
    It works for me in Four Square. Here's what you do. Open Four Square find your destination. On Four Square, there will be a small map with an Icon on it indicating the location. Tap the location, BB maps comes up and it will go right to the location with the correct street address, beside it is a triangle. Tap the triangle and it will give you time to travel and route from your location. In system settings, under security and privacy/application permissions, do you see Four Square under ALL?
    I have the latest bbmaps and foursquare, I don't know if foursquare is giving bbmaps with just the establishment name or exact coordinates because it is always "no results found"

[Opinion] BlackBerry Maps is Worthless-img_20140224_080102.png
    [Opinion] BlackBerry Maps is Worthless-img_20140224_080203.png
    [Opinion] BlackBerry Maps is Worthless-img_20140224_080214.png

Posted via CB10
    02-23-14 06:04 PM
    the latest update of BB Maps on 10.2.1 failed me 2 times already! I did set up a proper route and followed the maps but it leaded me to the wrong direction then recalculated the route! Did you guys find similar issues with the latest update?
    02-23-14 06:53 PM
    Read the thread..it has nothing to do with the App
    I am providing a solution
    02-23-14 07:05 PM
    the latest update of BB Maps on 10.2.1 failed me 2 times already! I did set up a proper route and followed the maps but it leaded me to the wrong direction then recalculated the route! Did you guys find similar issues with the latest update?
    Do you have it optimized for traffic? Sometimes that can make Maps give you a strange route. Also, a couple of times when I second-guessed Maps and thought I knew better, I got caught in a maze of one-way streets. Maps had it right!
    02-23-14 07:05 PM
    I have the latest bbmaps and foursquare, I don't know if foursquare is giving bbmaps with just the establishment name or exact coordinates because it is always "no results found"

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140224_080102.png 
Views:	333 
Size:	106.3 KB 
ID:	250417

Name:	IMG_20140224_080203.png 
Views:	332 
Size:	183.1 KB 
ID:	250418

Name:	IMG_20140224_080214.png 
Views:	332 
Size:	29.6 KB 
ID:	250419

Posted via CB10
    Okay I just tried Pizza Hut in Stockholm, Sweden, ( I'm in Canada). It went to Klarabergsgatan 56 Stockholm, immediately. Let me experiment. The only time this has happened, is when we had a security protocol at work, (so if this is a work issued BB you may have restrictions). Our IT policy was modified and now it works. My latest BB Map is 10.2.1.778
    02-23-14 07:06 PM
121 12345