I'm in PA searching for an address that's only 8 mins away and search results are giving me addresses from new York over 3 hours away.

Is there a way to change the settings on this crappy contraption? Why is it saying searching for locations near map centre???!! Worthless

Posted via CB10
    Maybe it's user error. Try typing PA after the address so the address in PA comes up. I use it quite frequently and it is spot on. I also use it in the MA/RI area and never had a issue. I don't and won't use anything else because I don't find a need to. It also works through my pioneer bluetooth. Damn crappy contraption always works for me I don't get it
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    02-22-14 07:24 PM
    BB maps is awesome once you find the correct address.
    It's finding where you want to go first that is the problem.
    At least for me.
    You nailed it.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 07:28 PM
    Use WAZE.. download it in BlackBerry WORLD

Rogers Deals and Discounts C0022C8F2
    02-22-14 07:33 PM
    Use WAZE.. download it in BlackBerry WORLD

Rogers Deals and Discounts C0022C8F2
    You don't need Waze or anything else, just the correct address. Unless you're going to Finland to celebrate with the Finish Hockey Team then you might need very specific directions.
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    02-22-14 07:36 PM
    oh i thought tim cook had started this thread

sorry to hear that i have never had a problem...works good for me..
    02-23-14 12:19 AM
    Nope.

I'm in Indonesia and it has much better navigation and map coverage than the Google Maps.

It has navigation, and it has never directed me to a wrong destination. While the Google Maps (installed on my Android Tablet) showed me wrong address a couple of times.
    RedFoxOne likes this.
    02-23-14 12:23 AM
    I'm in PA searching for an address that's only 8 mins away and search results are giving me addresses from new York over 3 hours away.

Posted via CB10
    Lmbo, I hated that. Hopefully they keep improving maps.

Sent from my  using Tapatalk
    02-23-14 12:25 AM
    Lmbo, I hated that. Hopefully they keep improving maps.

Sent from my  using Tapatalk
    Don't think it has anything to do with BB Maps.
    02-23-14 05:16 AM
    I use BlackBerry Maps here is South Africa, it also has turn by turn navigation, it is very accurate, the traffic alerts are also very accurate. Yes it might not be as good as Google Maps, but I have no complaints about it.

Another good one available on BlackBerry World is Telmap.

Posted via my Zee Zed 10
    02-23-14 05:28 AM
    Thread starter, weirdly, I'm not facing any problem using the BlackBerry maps.
    02-23-14 06:05 AM
    I agree. I search for things all the time and get results from all over the country. It would be nice of the MAP app would take advantage of my current LOCATION & start wit the results there!

Keith H. Posted by CB10 from my Z10.
    It does work like that. In the address bar, type the street you are looking for, BB Maps will give you alternatives, starting with the destination nearest your location.
    leehardballer12 likes this.
    02-23-14 06:53 AM

Is there a way to change the settings on this crappy contraption? Why is it saying searching for locations near map centre???!! Worthless

Posted via CB10
    The partnership with Google - Why doesn't John Chen do it
    02-23-14 07:03 AM
    The partnership with Google - Why doesn't John Chen do it
    Read the thread..it has nothing to do with the App
    02-23-14 07:25 AM
    BlackBerry maps id not available for asia. So bad..

Posted via CB10
    What part of Asia are you in? It works marvelous for me in Indonesia, South East Asia.
    02-23-14 07:26 AM
    I use sygic. It's and Android app, but incredible! Offline navigation and much more without issues or lag.

Posted Via CB10 Running On Z10STL100-2 Using OS Version 10.2.1.2141
    02-23-14 07:30 AM
    BlackBerry maps is very good. I always use it to avoid traffic omw to the gym. They've improved it a lot since launch. Waze is good to see upcoming cops/accidents.
    02-23-14 09:13 AM
    Blackberry maps was one of the reasons I dumped my Q10/Z10. It is completely useless. I tried it on a trip from NY to Ohio and it was so off base that it wanted to take me 200-300 miles off track. The same on a trip from Colorado to California but at that point, I had a back-up cheapo Android device that allowed me to used Google Maps. On a trip to Sweden, they didn't even "support" Stockholm.

Maps are so fundamental to smartphones these days that Blackberry maps really underscored for me the shortcomings of BB10.
    02-23-14 10:22 AM
    I use BlackBerry maps all the time, I'm in real estate, and never had a problem here in Michigan.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-14 11:23 AM
    I have been using BlackBerry Maps for a long time and never had any issues finding a address or getting me to any location accurately. I have also used it all across the US and never encountered any issues with its accuracy.

Posted Via AT&T BlackBerry Z10
    02-23-14 11:30 AM
    I've had no problems with BB Maps. Works for me (canada)
    02-23-14 11:32 AM
    BB maps is awesome once you find the correct address.
    It's finding where you want to go first that is the problem.
    At least for me.
    Yep. The search is pitiful when searching by name. For for example I was at the outer banks yesterday and searched for "frisco pier" and it kept giving me results in Frisco TX. Even though I am clearly near Frisco NC. In fact in Frisco NC. Duh.

That said if I type in an address it almost always finds it correctly and then the guidance is good as well.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.2141
    02-23-14 11:33 AM
    What's wrong with using Google Maps in the browser? It works just fine to get directions.
    02-23-14 11:39 AM
    Blackberry maps was one of the reasons I dumped my Q10/Z10. It is completely useless. I tried it on a trip from NY to Ohio and it was so off base that it wanted to take me 200-300 miles off track. The same on a trip from Colorado to California but at that point, I had a back-up cheapo Android device that allowed me to used Google Maps. On a trip to Sweden, they didn't even "support" Stockholm.

Maps are so fundamental to smartphones these days that Blackberry maps really underscored for me the shortcomings of BB10.

Bull
    leehardballer12 likes this.
    02-23-14 11:50 AM
    Bull
    ROFL. Calling him out.

Yes it's a BlackBerry. If you have something bad to say... speak to Easton!
    02-23-14 11:56 AM
    I've mostly had good luck with BB Maps. I was pleasantly surprised a few days ago when I typed in a restaurant name and not only did it find it, it also gave me the operating hours! It was fantastic.

One thing I hope they add is when you're nearing your destination, I would like it to tell me if it's on the left or right side.
    02-23-14 12:05 PM
121 1234 ...