I'm in PA searching for an address that's only 8 mins away and search results are giving me addresses from new York over 3 hours away.

Is there a way to change the settings on this crappy contraption? Why is it saying searching for locations near map centre???!! Worthless

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 02:03 PM
    Download Google maps

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 02:12 PM
    Sorry - no.

If you are on 10.2.1 install Google Maps via Snap. It's not 100% reliable (crashes sometimes and drains battery when navigating), but it's perfect for searching and navigation.

FYI: BB Maps does not even have turn-by-turn navigation in Denmark (and other countries). I think it was dropped as part of the cost savings, as it was expected to be released "mid Dec. 2013".
    02-22-14 02:15 PM
    Sorry to hear about your issue. I use blackberry maps all the time to travel around Massachusetts, Rhode Island and new York. I find it very accurate.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 02:16 PM
    BlackBerry maps id not available for asia. So bad..

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 02:26 PM
    I'm in PA searching for an address that's only 8 mins away and search results are giving me addresses from new York over 3 hours away.

Is there a way to change the settings on this crappy contraption? Why is it saying searching for locations near map centre???!! Worthless

Posted via CB10
    You're holding it wrong!
    02-22-14 02:28 PM
    You access settings by swiping down form the top

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-22-14 02:45 PM
    BB maps is awesome once you find the correct address.
    It's finding where you want to go first that is the problem.
    At least for me.
    niss63 likes this.
    02-22-14 02:57 PM
    That isn't ideal. I've found BlackBerry Maps to be very accurate and the turn by turn to be also very accurate here in NZ. I was also very surprised that while in Auckland recently, BlackBerry Maps out-mapped Apple maps in every way while myself and my gf were there for a weekend as she has a ip5s that wouldn't find addresses and while searching for shopping would give locations across the other side of the city while BlackBerry Maps found more suitable and favourable locations much closer to where we were.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 02:59 PM
    The recent update of BlackBerry Maps include exit number. Or is it there for a while now. In any case I find Exit number is very useful.

? CB10 ?
    02-22-14 03:03 PM
    I use BlackBerry map in North America and love it.

C000D3759

ChannelX C000D3759 We promote channels
    02-22-14 03:08 PM
    I paid for the PRO version and it's been bang on.... haven't tried the free one because of posts like this.

Sent flawlessly from my Z30!
    02-22-14 03:14 PM
    BB maps is awesome once you find the correct address.
    It's finding where you want to go first that is the problem.
    At least for me.
    Yea exactly. It's always finding the address that's the problem. I'm better off just zooming in where I need to go and having it take me to the coordinates lol. Definitely gonna try G Maps

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 03:21 PM
    I paid for the PRO version and it's been bang on.... haven't tried the free one because of posts like this.

Pro? ... Blackberry Maps doesn't have a pro or paid version, it is free from Blackberry.
    Or do you mean "BeMaps Pro"?
    Mecca EL and bungaboy like this.
    02-22-14 03:22 PM
    Sorry - no.

If you are on 10.2.1 install Google Maps via Snap. It's not 100% reliable (crashes sometimes and drains battery when navigating), but it's perfect for searching and navigation.

FYI: BB Maps does not even have turn-by-turn navigation in Denmark (and other countries). I think it was dropped as part of the cost savings, as it was expected to be released "mid Dec. 2013".
    There should definitely be a search option. Maybe search radius by miles. 10,25,50,100, and none

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 03:23 PM
    That isn't ideal. I've found BlackBerry Maps to be very accurate and the turn by turn to be also very accurate here in NZ. I was also very surprised that while in Auckland recently, BlackBerry Maps out-mapped Apple maps in every way while myself and my gf were there for a weekend as she has a ip5s that wouldn't find addresses and while searching for shopping would give locations across the other side of the city while BlackBerry Maps found more suitable and favourable locations much closer to where we were.

Posted via CB10
    I've never had any issues besides spending too much time trying to find addresses. There should be some sort of search settings

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 03:25 PM
    Pro? ... Blackberry Maps doesn't have a pro or paid version, it is free from Blackberry.
    Or do you mean "BeMaps Pro"?
    Yes sorry...my bad Bemaps pro.

02-22-14 03:29 PM
    BlackBerry maps works great in Western Canada.

Sent from the phone of the gods.....Z30
    02-22-14 03:35 PM
    Yes sorry...my bad Bemaps pro.

Ah, OK.

BeMaps, by Bellshare GmbH, uses the Google Maps API, that is why it will seem to be more searchable, accurate, and detailed over Blackberry Maps.
    02-22-14 03:37 PM
    Mostly I use Mireo now. I finally figured out how to get working through my cars bluetooth. Blackberry maps isn't all that bad in my area, sometimes I use it around town.
    02-22-14 03:56 PM
    BlackBerry maps is awesome

Yes it's a BlackBerry. If you have something bad to say... speak to Easton!
    CerveloJohn and deptech like this.
    02-22-14 04:18 PM

Posted via CB10
    I agree. I search for things all the time and get results from all over the country. It would be nice of the MAP app would take advantage of my current LOCATION & start the results there!

Keith H. Posted by CB10 from my Z10.
    02-22-14 05:06 PM
    I use BlackBerry Maps on my trips to the US and have never had issues. Always works great, searching too.

Posted from my Z30 via CB10.
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    02-22-14 05:09 PM
    BlackBerry maps works just fine for me around the golden horseshoe area. Guess it all depends on your location.

Posted via CB10
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    02-22-14 06:53 PM
    I believe TomTom provides the map data to both Blackberry and Apple. In any event, I have used it a fair amount and it has never let me down unless I get the location wrong. I find Google maps just as frustrating as everything else and have been led badly astray by Google. And the reason is....not having the precise address. There are identically named streets in different states cities and provinces throughout North America, most locations require the exact city or suburb. Toronto is most peculiar because we have so many amalgamated towns and cities. Unless you get this right, your F(*&*d. I have been in cars, on foot, used Google, TomTom, Garmin, BMW, Acura maps and it doesn't matter. What you BELIEVE the city or town to be and what it IS will determine where you go. As an aside, I had my outlook contacts synced to my Blackberry for years. Microsoft, in its wisdom, uses the US as the default outlook country so not all of my contacts had Canada as the country. Well, when you look it up on your NAVI and conveniently hit the flag to initialize navigation, rather than in end up in Ontario Canada, I would get locations in Ohio. Your problem is inherent in every electronic map...it's called human error.
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    02-22-14 07:17 PM
121 123 ...