I think it's pretty evident we're not going to ever hear the "other" side of this argument...
    04-04-13 12:06 PM
    I was really hoping this thread would die
    habs_fan likes this.
    04-04-13 12:31 PM
    I was really hoping this thread would die
    Yeah you made that fairly obvious.
    Thank goodness most people don't feel that way or we'd have no decent devs at all.
    schmeat likes this.
    04-04-13 12:41 PM
    3 weeks have passed since openwhatsapp got rejected from app world, 1 week has passed since I publicly announced it, yet nothing from Blackberry. Looks like we will not hear "their" side of the story.
    Curious, so are you going to completely stop development of openwhatsapp or anything BB10 related because of this?
    04-04-13 01:28 PM
    Yeah you made that fairly obvious.
    Thank goodness most people don't feel that way or we'd have no decent devs at all.
    It's a dead issue. He's pissed, bbry didn't respond.
    Some people agree with the dev. Some don't.
    We can repeat each other until the end of time but this thread should be officially closed!

And are you saying that if most people were sick of a repetitive thread coming to the top of their participated threads section, there would be no good devs????
    I don't see your logic.
    04-04-13 01:59 PM
    We can repeat each other until the end of time but this thread should be officially closed!

And are you saying that if most people were sick of a repetitive thread coming to the top of their participated threads section, there would be no good devs????
    I don't see your logic.
    I'm probably more responsible for Z10 sales based of my enthusiasm for the product among my peer group than this clown, where's my red phone???
    You sir called me a clown just because I'm standing up for my rights, so please don't talk about logic. And I think most people would be sick of your attitude more than of this thread, so rather than shutting it down, perhaps you're the one who should shut up for a while!
    Last edited by tgalal; 04-05-13 at 04:12 AM.
    04-05-13 04:01 AM

I don't see your logic.
    When the dev presented his POV you dismissed it and said you would hold judgement till BlackBerry released their side.
    In between you were abusive towards the dev and pushing yourself as a bigger draw to bb10.

Now BlackBerry are refusing to give their side, you still blindly support them.
    You are still rude towards the dev and now want the thread closed before BlackBerry release their side of the story.

Says a lot about you really.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 05:50 AM
    You sir called me a clown just because I'm standing up for my rights, so please don't talk about logic. And I think most people would be sick of your attitude more than of this thread, so rather than shutting it down, perhaps you're the one who should shut up for a while!
    1. Your rights have not been violated.
    2. Did you expect everyone to just agree with you?
    3. Give us more proof than your word about how much pressure your received from bbry to make this app. I don't take your word for it because anyone can say things. I'm not calling you a liar, I will happily put my enthusiasm behind your efforts if you would simply post a partially redacted email.
    4. I didn't mean clown as an insult.
    I APOLOGIZE if you took it as so, I can see why you would.
    I was referring to the three ring circus being created by your post.
    Last edited by stabstabdie; 04-05-13 at 06:29 AM.
    04-05-13 06:10 AM

Now BlackBerry are refusing to give their side, you still blindly support them.
    You are still rude towards the dev and now want the thread closed before BlackBerry release their side of the story.

Says a lot about you really.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry has never refused anything. They haven't even acknowledged the complaint.
    And they aren't going to.
    So we can pound or drums and yell until were out of breath, but it's not going to change reality.
    If you feel this dev has been wronged so greatly, show your support and boycott bbry. That's how capitalism works.
    Typing anonymously in a forum is easy and does nothing. Doing something in the real world is hard and gets results.
    Last edited by stabstabdie; 04-05-13 at 07:01 AM.
    04-05-13 06:32 AM
    Here's my two cents on the issue.

The dev did a decent job from what I can tell. I used his version until the official release. I switched ONLY because it didn't need to stay in an active window.

If I was BlackBerry, i wouldn't reply either. No offence, but the dev already went very public, why would they risk it again?!? Regardless of whether or not he likes the reply, he will have further "proof" to add to his complaint.

Could they have handled the removal from BB World differently? No doubt. The second the dev went so public, that's when they justifiably got so quiet.

Posted via CB10
    stabstabdie likes this.
    04-05-13 08:44 AM
    In my opinion, not responding publicly does more damage to BlackBerry than anything.
    And they can't afford it.
    It will turn off potential good devs.
    Awful devs will still be motivated by their desperation and chucking dev devices etc at people who don't deserve it. Too bad, the users suffer in the end.
    04-05-13 09:17 AM
    In my opinion, not responding publicly does more damage to BlackBerry than anything.
    And they can't afford it.
    It will turn off potential good devs.
    Awful devs will still be motivated by their desperation and chucking dev devices etc at people who don't deserve it. Too bad, the users suffer in the end.
    I sincerely doubt that this issue is being followed outside of these forums. There's one two threads here and no blogs are posting about this.
    I garauntee that devs who don't read these forums don't know.
    Any good devs will develop wherever the money is. That's why there's so many ios apps. There's profit to be made.
    And there's profit to be made on bbry. Studies show were willing to pay for apps and are willing to pay more for apps.
    Good devs will always comeback o bbry no matter jow this dev was ALLEGEDLY treated.
    04-05-13 11:18 AM
    Without choosing side, imagine how this forum would look if Original WhatsApp didn't come to BB10 because BlackBerry refused to remove an unoriginal WhatsApp.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    04-05-13 12:15 PM
    Without choosing side, imagine how this forum would look if Original WhatsApp didn't come to BB10 because BlackBerry refused to remove an unoriginal WhatsApp.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    Lol that would be funny.
    04-05-13 01:02 PM
189 ... 678