Anyone know if Open VPN available for BlackBerry 10? Running 10.2.0.429

Posted via CB10
    01-08-14 12:04 PM
    I don't know, but I want it too!
    01-08-14 12:35 PM
    i tweeted michael clewley about this a while back. he said it's on the roadmap but no ETA.
    01-09-14 12:57 AM
    I am running my Blackberry Z10 on 10.2.1.1259.
    I am trying to configure EarthVPN on it, using the openVPN for Android app.
    See setup instructions here
    [url=http://www.earthvpn.com/how-to-configure-openvpn-on-android/]/url]
    Full disclosure: I am not affiliated to, or promoting, EarthVPN in any way, I am just trying to get it to work for me.

In the tab "Basic" I am asked to select the CA Certificate "earthvpn.crt" which I have already downloaded into my device into directory "Device/downloads". I also put a copy onto my SD-card, directory "Media Card/downloads".

When pressing the grey button "Select..." next to CA Certificate, I am shown the filesystem directory of the device, but I cannot get access to "device/downloads". Either I am blind, or there is no access path, i.e. access is denied.

One solution would be to put a CA Certificate into the filesystem directory that I can access from the app "openVPN for Androids".

I also copied the "earthvpn.crt" certificate into my device via BlackBerry Link drag-and-drop function. It didn't make a difference, I still cannot see the certificate in any of the directories.

Has anybody got any useful hints how to get a CA Certificate recognised? Has anybody succeeded in doing what I am trying to do? Does "openVPN for Android" support such an operation?
    01-29-14 12:43 AM
    I don't know if android VPN will work but to install the certificate you need to rename the cert to *.cer (or maybe *.crt, i forget which one bb liked). i was able to get it working for my IKEv2 VPN (strongswan) in bb settings.
    01-29-14 01:21 AM
    Anyone know if Open VPN available for BlackBerry 10? Running 10.2.0.429

Posted via CB10
    Unfortunately, BB10 doesn't support OpenVPN neither PPTP but you still can create VPN based on (IKEv2 protocol) on your device.
    IKEv2 is very secure protocol and provides resilience to the VPN client when the client moves from one wireless hotspot to another.
    wildsau666 likes this.
    01-30-14 06:51 AM
    For the last 10 months, on my Windows PCs, I've been using vpngate.net , an excellent free and open-source VPN client and server. The protocols they use are OpenVPN or L2PT/ipsec, neither of which are apparently supported by BB10.

I really would like to continue using vpngate or another free VPN service on my Q10, but a survey of the free services out there showed me that virtually all of them use OpenVPN. Frankly, I'm surprised and dismayed that BB10 doesn't include native support for this. I really don't want to go the Amazon route, or be forced to use proprietary networks to have VPN access.

If anyone from BlackBerry reads these forums, please, please consider a small OS update to add OpenVPN support. Thank you very much!

(And if Verizon is on schedule, I should be able to update my sig below to 10.2.1 - in less than 3 days!)

Posted via my Q10, SQN100-2, 10.1.0.4189
    urShadow and jope28 like this.
    02-02-14 02:01 AM