BlackBerry 10 and its apps have improved tremendously over the last year. The latest update to twitter is awesome, pictures load instantly.

One thing I notice that drives me nuts.. and when my friends wanna find a reason to chirp my BlackBerry they go.. "why does your twitter take so long to open? " and I ask myself and blackberry the same question. Why ever does it take so long?? Even with Facebook to. My BB7 device even opened twitter instantly. Just really annoying

Posted via CB10 for Z10
    02-09-14 02:31 AM
    Why do you close it? Leave it in active frame n sees who's takes longer to "open". Mines always open n I get updates fast. Initial start ya it's slow as balls. Close at night n open in the morning. Win
    02-09-14 02:47 AM
    Well, I closed twitter and opened it after about 20 minutes. It opened and loaded instantly. Hmm. One time deal or this is how it is. Let's hope!
    02-09-14 03:36 AM
    Why do you close it? Leave it in active frame n sees who's takes longer to "open". Mines always open n I get updates fast. Initial start ya it's slow as balls. Close at night n open in the morning. Win
    I never seem to use active frames! I always have a habit of closing my apps when they aren't being used. Probably when I had an iphone I did this to save battery

Posted via CB10 for Z10
    02-09-14 02:08 PM
    I did the same at first. Now I leave weather, BBM, calls and twitter open. A nice full screen of things I want directly. Also it makes use of the frame feature. Give it a go see how bad it drains battery. I can last the day n charge while I sleep
    02-09-14 02:27 PM
    The only issue I have with Twitter is that I don't receive any notifications in my hub when someone I follow tweets. Suffice it to say, that's a significant issue.

Z10
    02-09-14 02:27 PM
    The only issue I have with Twitter is that I don't receive any notifications in my hub when someone I follow tweets. Suffice it to say, that's a significant issue.

Z10
    Why would you want a notification every time a person you follows tweets? Isn't that why you use the app itself? You can set it up to get a notification about everything else happening on twitter which I had to turn off because my inbox (and hub) were simply getting too many updates.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 02:31 PM

Z10
    I think you can set that up for individual ppl no?
    02-09-14 02:36 PM

Z10
    Twitter and such as Blaq Twitter app are designed to give you mentions if your username is tweeted, and DMs. If it was made to show every followers tweet in the hub then people with 1000 or more followers and active followers would have a very noisy phone indeed...drained battery....a worn out LED notification light.....and no friends or family that would be in the same room as the manic phone.
    007Storm likes this.
    02-09-14 02:40 PM
    Twitter and such as Blaq Twitter app are designed to give you mentions if your username is tweeted, and DMs. If it was made to show every followers tweet in the hub then people with 1000 or more followers and active followers would have a very noisy phone indeed...drained battery....a worn out LED notification light.....and no friends or family that would be in the same room as the manic phone.
    I never tweet and I only follow about ten people. If I had the option to have tweets in hub that would be nice. Beside, I don't see how this would be any different than someone who receives a lot of email, txts, or any other type of notifications.

Z10
    02-09-14 03:41 PM
    You follow 10 ppl. Someone who follows 100? Big difference and just a silly position to take. No one wants t delete like 500 notices daily
    02-09-14 04:02 PM
    You follow 10 ppl. Someone who follows 100? Big difference and just a silly position to take. No one wants t delete like 500 notices daily
    Seriously? A silly position to take? How is me wishing I had the option a silly position to take? If I had the option to see the tweets from my 10 then someone else would have the option not to see the tweets from their 100.

Z10
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    02-09-14 08:22 PM
    Ya you know how they do that? They open twitter hahaha
    02-09-14 08:27 PM
    OP I personally have never had this issue with my Twitter app as it opens quickly

Posted Via AT&T BlackBerry Z10
    velkod likes this.
    02-09-14 10:16 PM
    Ya you know how they do that? They open twitter hahaha
    Yea great. If just opening the apps is the answer, why not just do away with the hub and push notifications all together...haha. All I'm saying is it would be nice to have the option to get my tweet notifications in the hub. Get them if I want..turn them off if I don't. No different than all of the other social and messaging apps that push notifications to the hub. Completely reasonable.

Z10
    02-10-14 12:19 AM
    Just leave it as an active frame, if you close the active frame and if the iOS user kills the Twitter app and you both start it at the same time, they'll have almost identical loading times, although, I feel iOS would get a little advantadge.

Star Wars fan? Come join us C00121E8E
    02-10-14 12:40 AM
    It would be nice to get notifications for certain people. The original Android app does it and doesn't drain too much battery as they use push notifications
    Also: you can turn push notifications for on and off for everyone you follow – sometimes this is certainly useful.
    Coffee Shampoo likes this.
    02-10-14 04:41 AM
    I have one really annoying issue with twitter thanks to the latest update. Some tweets mix up the tweeted pictures with another tweet on my time line as well as display pictures!!! Drives me nuts!!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    02-11-14 12:51 AM
    Why can't we tweet photos!! Such a simple thing we can't do!!
    02-11-14 02:05 AM
    Why can't we tweet photos!! Such a simple thing we can't do!!
    We can! Just attach one using the twitter app or even simpler: use the share dialogs when sharing images! Works without a problem
    02-11-14 03:43 AM
    I can share them but I can't attach them. I can't take a picture and post it in a tweet. I can't do it in the CB forum here either :s
    02-11-14 01:13 PM
    I'm having the same problem. Can not tweet a picture. Why? Not much out there on it so I guess we are only a few?? I deleted the app reboot and re installed 3 times. Nothing. Suggestions??

Posted via CB10
    02-12-14 07:01 AM
    I use Blaq Twitter app. It's easy to post pictures to Twitter from it.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-14 08:57 AM
    Thanks i think I will make the switch. Does Blaq integrate with the hub?

Posted via CB10
    02-12-14 10:04 AM
    I figured it out guys! Go Into your photo albums and click share with twitter then it will allow you to tweet the photo! Kinda stupid way to tweet a photo but it works I guess. You can tag ppl in them also when you hit the @ symbol in the msg. Wooo
    02-12-14 01:40 PM
31 12