What option?
    The option from the Android App to to turn on camera sync (basically it adds automatically all your pics taken from the device). The option can be checked also from the BB10 app but that will NOT trigger the automatic storage increase of 3Gb that Microsoft provides.
    03-04-14 02:55 PM
    So does docs to go automatically save to OneDrive?

Posted via CB10
    03-04-14 03:30 PM
    What do you like about One drive over box or drop box?

Posted via CB10
    03-04-14 04:00 PM

Posted via CB10
    I don't see a option to automatically save to one drive.

Posted from my Z30
    03-04-14 04:04 PM

Posted via CB10
    It isn't automatic. The options are the same as with Box. Pictures, video.
    You would have to manually move (or copy) files to OneDrive.
    03-04-14 04:06 PM
    I still have 25GB of space...

Posted via CB10
    diegonei likes this.
    03-04-14 04:16 PM
    Does anyone know if this app will sync while the app is closed? Or does it have to be running in order for sync to occur?

Posted via the Z30 on CB10
    03-04-14 07:12 PM
    Does anyone know if this app will sync while the app is closed? Or does it have to be running in order for sync to occur?

Posted via the Z30 on CB10
    Works in the background

BlackBerry 101 - Help Channel
    03-04-14 07:16 PM
    Can finally use the 25GB that Windows Live used way back when it was called Windows Live Storage
    03-04-14 09:15 PM
    It isn't automatic. The options are the same as with Box. Pictures, video.
    You would have to manually move (or copy) files to OneDrive.
    So how is the Docs to go update related to this?

Posted via CB10
    Ecm likes this.
    03-04-14 10:14 PM
    So how is the Docs to go update related to this?

Posted via CB10
    You can open a document stored on OneDrive in Docs to Go to edit (etc.) from within File Manager. You can open Docs to Go, navigate to and edit a document stored on OneDrive. Again, the same integration as with Box and Dropbox.
    03-04-14 10:34 PM
    Why are we seeing different storage amounts? I get 106GB on two accounts, and then I have one that's been 25GB for years. The two that are now 106 were 7GB before, and I don't recall seeing any announcement of such an increase.

Attachment 252742

Attachment 252743

Posted via CB10
    Helps to check the source. This is not the OneDrive forums or blog.

In any case:

There was a 100GB promotion on launch where they gave a certain amount of people 100GB for 2 years (IIRC) for doing something, I don't remember exactly. They gave 20GB for 2 years to a lot of other people.

The 25GB accounts are old accounts of people who had it since before 2010 or so when they went from 25GB Free Storage to 7GB Free Storage. Old Accounts were given a chance to grandfather their accounts in and keep their Lifetime 25GB Storage Capacities for free.

My Account:

Grandfathered: 25 GB
    Camera Uplaod Bonus: 3 GB
    20 GB Promotion: 20 GB (until Feb 2016)

Total Storage: 48 GB

107GB = 7GB + 100GB Promotion
    28GB = Grandfathered Account + Camera Upload Bonus

etc.
    03-04-14 11:12 PM
    Yeah.. BB10 is gaining traction in these apps in recent days. Keep up the good work !!

The app was developed by Blackberry, not Microsoft.

Additionally, the SkyDrive APIs have been public and pushed by Microsoft for years now, so it's almost embarrassing that they did not have this at launch. (Yes, this sort of pissed me off, cause it was not a hard thing to do and it was an easy "checkbox" for them to fill - especially for people moving from other platforms, and especially windows users who use the integrated Microsoft services.)

Mobile Systems (OfficeSuite Pro)
    Samsung (Samsung Link)
    HTC (In their Gallery App in Sense 4.x)

and others all have or had some level of SkyDrive integration including things like Automatic Camera upload (HTC/Samsung).

The lack of decent SkyDrive support (and Apps) is one of the major reasons why I didn't buy a Z10 back when, cause I have too much data to move to another cloud service there, and I use Windows 8.1 which has fantastic SkyDrive integration. It was also an issue when looking at the Z30 (my post history on the subject is an indicator of such).

In any case, this is a great thing for Blackberry 10 users, and was much needed given the way these services are being integrated into the Winodws Desktop OS (which increases its adoption).
    03-04-14 11:17 PM
    so much yes. Loving BB even more.
    03-05-14 04:17 AM
    All those unchangeable permissions...
    03-05-14 04:21 AM
    Helps to check the source. This is not the OneDrive forums or blog.

In any case:

There was a 100GB promotion on launch where they gave a certain amount of people 100GB for 2 years (IIRC) for doing something, I don't remember exactly. They gave 20GB for 2 years to a lot of other people.

The 25GB accounts are old accounts of people who had it since before 2010 or so when they went from 25GB Free Storage to 7GB Free Storage. Old Accounts were given a chance to grandfather their accounts in and keep their Lifetime 25GB Storage Capacities for free.

My Account:

Grandfathered: 25 GB
    Camera Uplaod Bonus: 3 GB
    20 GB Promotion: 20 GB (until Feb 2016)

Total Storage: 48 GB

107GB = 7GB + 100GB Promotion
    28GB = Grandfathered Account + Camera Upload Bonus

etc.
    Without even knowing there was a promotion, I got it within minutes of the start on two secondary accounts. Lucky me.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-14 06:38 AM
    All those unchangeable permissions...
    There's just two.

One/SkyDrive App made by Blackberry and Docs to Go Update-img_20140305_053417.png

Posted via CB10
    03-05-14 06:39 AM
    These "Connect to" apps always make me think they would work have worked so well on the Playbook.

But all things considered it is very nice to see BB push results like this. We may not hear a lot about what is happening behind the screens, but things like this make me feel they still have a lot of different projects running.
    Too bad the free 3GB bonus does not seem to trigger yet.
    03-05-14 09:11 AM
    Just an FYI, as I don't think it's been mentioned yet... It took almost 2 days before the additional 3 GB showed up on one of my two accounts, the one I added to my Z30. The one I added on my iPhone took about 2 hours. My son's on his iPhone took a day+. No idea why there'd be a difference.
    03-05-14 09:53 AM
    Just an FYI, as I don't think it's been mentioned yet... It took almost 2 days before the additional 3 GB showed up on one of my two accounts, the one I added to my Z30. The one I added on my iPhone took about 2 hours. My son's on his iPhone took a day+. No idea why there'd be a difference.
    I followed a suggestion earlier in this thread and used the Onedrive Android version (via Snap), the additional 3GB was immediately applied on all accounts. I couldn't do it from a desktop browser, IE11 no less.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-14 04:01 PM
    Anyone know how safe our files are with OneDrive? I want to try it out but Microsoft has known to be involved with NSA. More or less safe than mega?
    03-05-14 06:42 PM
    I still have 25GB of space...

Posted via CB10
    Same here. 28 after the camera thingie. ^^

Anyone know how safe our files are with OneDrive? I want to try it out but Microsoft has known to be involved with NSA. More or less safe than mega?
    Last I checked, they can claim any file for themselves at any time (just like Google Drive). But DO NOT trust me. Read the TOS.

These "Connect to" apps always make me think they would work have worked so well on the Playbook.

But all things considered it is very nice to see BB push results like this. We may not hear a lot about what is happening behind the screens, but things like this make me feel they still have a lot of different projects running.
    Too bad the free 3GB bonus does not seem to trigger yet.
    Well, you can sideload the Android one to your PlayBook, works fine!
    Ecm likes this.
    03-05-14 07:07 PM
    But I still can't insert a row/column of cells in sheets to go. Wtf. W..t..f.

Posted via CB10
    EXACTLY!!!
    I don't believe I've ever seen a spreadsheet program without these two most basic abilities. And if I remember correctly it's doable in the Android version. And I could do it in the legacy version.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-14 08:34 PM
    Don't forget the ongoing Bing Rewards program. Took me less than four days to earn another 100GB of space for a year. Going to redeem the bonus on June 25th as the last day for redemption is June 30th.

SQN100-1 10.2.1.2141 | STA100-3 10.2.1.2141
    03-08-14 09:40 PM
    Anybody else notice that photos uploaded to onedrive are downsized when synced from the BB10? If I copy a pic to my onedrive app on my pc it retains file size / resolution but when I copy from my Z10 it is downsized to about 1/3 of file size / resolution.

Box does not do this.
    04-06-14 12:35 AM
64 123