I love evolution browsers swipe to go back and forward webpages, please can this be included?
    03-15-14 01:11 AM
    I love evolution browsers swipe to go back and forward webpages, please can this be included?
    I was just looking at swipe gestures, the issue is with the tab pages being in there native place they use left swipe to open the tab panel. I will have a think to see if I can come up with an alternative though.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 05:23 AM
    I will download it later this weekend. Always happy to test a new BlackBerry browser! Both the native OS10 browser & the Evolution browser are missing features I would like. Omnitech mentioned many of his most desired features and most are on my list too. Tops on my list would be *configurable* ad-blocking, private browsing, no-tracking, and ability to deny cookies by URL. (All things I have had on my PC browsers.)

Thanks very much for working on this and allowing us to give feedback!

Typed on my Q10, SQN100-2, 10.2.1.2228 :-)
    03-15-14 05:53 AM
    My top features are "open in new tab" and "user-agent spoofing".

Evolution browser does not have open in new tab, but it does have user-agent spoofing, and that is a critical issue on BB10 because many websites don't bother to adapt their browser sniffing scripts for BB10 and serve it desktop-formatted pages which aren't appropriate for a smartphone browser. (Well-known offender: Yelp. And since Yelp hasn't bothered to release a BB10 dedicated app, it severely undermines the utility of that service for BB10 users unless they use a workaround like Evolution browser)

Problem with Evolution is the developer barely updates it any more, so simple bugs like truncation of long URLs passed to it and (what would seem to be) fairly easy feature additions (open in new tab) never get implemented.

Other things I would like to see, some of which have already been suggested here:

Ad/script blocking

Clear personal/tracking data on exit (ie cache/cookies/LSOs)

Reader mode

Forward/return button (I think native browser only has "back" button)

"Click to load/play" plugin content. I'm one of those people who despises pages that immediately start playing videos or music or flash animations or opening up various kinds of "plugin content" before I tell them to. Along with ad blocking, these are even more important on a mobile browser but most mobile browsers are in the stoneage on these things, making mobile web browsing way slower and more annoying than a desktop browser, for no good reason.

Professional and explicit privacy policy. I don't want to find that a browser developer is sending the contents of every browsing session back to their private mothership for perusal and passing-on to 3rd parties.

Thanks for your consideration.
    Being my first mobile app, some of these features nay take me a while to implement but I will do my best.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 06:05 AM
    Please upload some screen shots here so others can see too

And when you submitted it to the BlackBerry World. Please consider making it a freemium app. Every developers want a high download rate but also want to profit from their app, freemium app can achieve these.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 12:26 PM

And when you submitted it to the BlackBerry World. Please consider making it a freemium app. Every developers want a high download rate but also want to profit from their app, freemium app can achieve these.
    I've also seen people bitterly complain about that, accusing developers of "dishonesty". (See comments on CB blog article about recent update to BaSA, Battery and System Analyzer app.)

Personally I think such critics are out of line. I understand if it's some game targeting kids and encouraging them to buy endless "levels" or merchandise without parental oversight, but that's very different.
    03-15-14 01:40 PM

Posted via CB10
    I haven't even got round to thinking about pricing and stuff yet. But I will be happy to post some screen shots with the next update.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 05:58 PM
    I am absolutely game for beta testing this! Being a former BlackBerry employee I love seeing devs come to the platform!

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 06:52 PM
    I haven't even got round to thinking about pricing and stuff yet. But I will be happy to post some screen shots with the next update.

Posted via CB10
    Please don't make this a paid app.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 09:59 PM
    Please don't make this a paid app.
    Everyone works for free, just for you, so you can save a dollar.
    anon(1464249) likes this.
    03-16-14 12:58 AM
    I've installed this browser and looked around. Very nice job so far! I have to repeat what many of us have said before about privacy: an ad-blocker is an absolute necessity (preferably configurable to let us block individual scripts as well, as I do in the AdBlock plug-in for Firefox), as are other features like "do not track" and deleting history and cookies when the browser closes.

I would also like to choose my own default search engine(s). I mainly use duckduckgo.com in other browsers, but this should be user choice, I believe.

I also noticed that if I'm in another app like CB10 for instance, and I long-press a link to get the "Open in..." option, the OhHai browser is not listed (and should be so that someone can choose it for their default browser).

I very much like having the URL window at the top - on a Q10 having it at the bottom often gets it hidden by the BB navigation bar. Maybe this could be a user option. to have it at the top or bottom.

Other things I tested and like: Youtube works well, Javascript works correctly (when enabled), Reader mode also works well. GUI choices obviously aren't complete yet so I won't comment there. But really, I hope you feel encouraged, and that once this is ready for public consumption, you'll continue to update it as necessary.
    03-16-14 05:09 AM
    One thing I noticed is that when I pinch to zoom, images and texts are blurry.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 05:13 AM
    I prefer the URL at the bottom so this should be an option for the user to choose. A quick scroll to the top option, an option to hide the address bar and as somebody else said a choice of search engine as I use Startpage.com
    03-16-14 07:47 AM
    Especially for the Z phones, which I guess don't use the same keyboard shortcuts as the Q, a "to Top" link in the overflow menu would be a nice feature. Q users can hit the letter T to scroll to the top of any page, and B to scroll to the bottom, but Z users are forced to swipe up or down repeatedly. (Not all web coders bother to put those "to Top" links into their web pages.)

I prefer the URL at the bottom so this should be an option for the user to choose. A quick scroll to the top option, an option to hide the address bar and as somebody else said a choice of search engine as I use Startpage.com
    03-16-14 07:58 AM
    New update is available, use the link in the original post.
    the_igg likes this.
    03-16-14 04:04 PM
    Would be nice if you included a change log

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 07:11 PM
    On version 1_0_1_1:

Homepage option doesn't stick, goes back to google.com after closing and re-opening the browser (this happened on the previous version also, but I forgot to mention it).

Zooming a table of numbers large enough to be read results in illegible pixellated text

Can't add a 4th user choice of search engine to the 3 already in the list (thanks for those though). I tried with duckduckgo.com which has a link on it to "Add to Browser". It didn't work.

Agree that a changelog with each new version would be helpful.

Thanks!
    03-16-14 08:14 PM
    On version 1_0_1_1:

Homepage option doesn't stick, goes back to google.com after closing and re-opening the browser (this happened on the previous version also, but I forgot to mention it).

Zooming a table of numbers large enough to be read results in illegible pixellated text

Can't add a 4th user choice of search engine to the 3 already in the list (thanks for those though). I tried with duckduckgo.com which has a link on it to "Add to Browser". It didn't work.

Agree that a changelog with each new version would be helpful.

Thanks!
    I have just fixed the homepage issue so that fix will be out soon but I do have an problem with giving the customer the open choice for search engine because it means trusting for customer to get the correct query string on the url. It would be easy to implement it but it just does come down to that.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-14 03:06 PM
    What if the search engine provides its own query string via a link on its website? Duckduckgo does this. (Duckduckgo is a privacy-oriented search engine which doesn't track or save user search info.)

.... I do have an problem with giving the customer the open choice for search engine because it means trusting for customer to get the correct query string on the url. It would be easy to implement it but it just does come down to that.

03-18-14 04:24 PM
    What if the search engine provides its own query string via a link on its website? Duckduckgo does this. (Duckduckgo is a privacy-oriented search engine which doesn't track or save user search info.)

Duckduckgo is already a choice in the search engines list, but i do see what you are getting at.

Posted via CB10
    Ragbert likes this.
    03-18-14 05:21 PM
    Hmmm... not on mine - I saw Google, Yahoo, and Bing. Ooops, there it is! On the Q10, that dropdown is so small, I didn't realize there were more choices below Bing. Thanks for adding DuckDuckGo to the list. :-)

I have a couple of other requests but they are purely cosmetic, so I'll wait until all the functional stuff is out of the way first. Carry on! :-)

Duckduckgo is already a choice in the search engines list, but i do see what you are getting at.
    03-18-14 11:14 PM
    any screenshots yet?

Posted via CB10
    03-18-14 11:18 PM
    Please add Startpage.com as it has more options than duckduckgo as it uses google but anonymously.
    03-19-14 01:27 AM
    StartPage is already there in the Search Engines dropdown list. Kind of hard to see past the 3rd option, but if you keep scrollingdown the list, you'll see it.
    Please add Startpage.com as it has more options than duckduckgo as it uses google but anonymously.
    03-19-14 02:35 AM
    StartPage is already there in the Search Engines dropdown list. Kind of hard to see past the 3rd option, but if you keep scrollingdown the list, you'll see it.
    I'll see if I can sort something out to make this easier for people to see all the options.

Posted via CB10
    bobo616 and Ragbert like this.
    03-19-14 02:46 AM
122 1234 ...