I've been using OSMAnd+ which is complicated and has quite a steep learning curve but once you've mastered it is excellent, but I would really like to have contours available which it seems will only be available on Android /ios. So I'm looking for an alternative offline map route planner for cycling. Any suggestions?
    06-29-15 04:25 AM
    Have you tried getting the Android stuff working? Maybe Cobalt can help?....

http://forums.crackberry.com/android...g-page-965257/
    09-04-15 10:53 AM
    A friend has recently mentioned GAIA but it is an android app and it costs about $20US. It can download topo maps but I'm not sure how it does at routing like roads - more possibly for using tracks and routes for hiking or climbing. I have not seen it in action. And I'd rather not experiment with 20 bucks if it might need Google services for mapping.

For instance, the Starbucks app works for payments and money transactions but if I try to use it to find the nearest Starbucks, it wants the Google Services and stalls.

Similarly, Verizon has a wifi arrangement over in Europe for access to public wifi spots as part of their Global system. But it, again, stalled when trying to find any of them since it needed mapping services.

Whereas, Peak Finder must have been developed independently of those mapping services because while Android, it can locate your position and either use the nearby "peak data" and draw them or download the ones in your vicinity. It does not fail.

So darn hit and miss!
    pkcable and lindaandjon like this.
    09-04-15 12:59 PM