No offence but I'm wouldn't pay for Snap2Chat or any other app with a free alternative in Google Play. The android versions work just fine.

But that's just me because I don't think it's fair that other platform gets big name apps for free (even third party ones like WP8) and we have to pay for them on BB10. Not to mention Instagram and Snapchat wouldn't appreciate third party developers freeloading off their concepts.

Posted via CB10
    Lol ur somehow else u know, u asked for a paid version where u suggested he remove branding. Now you won't pay for it?...anyway he said he's not sure what he's charging / monetizing yet, no need to make him feel like he's a free loader or thief, he's worked hard on this.

Oh and there's another snap chat app in the works, called am snappy I think, it's going to be free, feel free to get that.

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    Nemory Studios likes this.
    01-10-14 11:33 PM
    Lol ur somehow else u know, u asked for a paid version where u suggested he remove branding. Now you won't pay for it?...anyway he said he's not sure, no need to make him feel like he's a free loader or thief.

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    Which I would happily pay for. However, I would not pay outright for an app as a whole if there's no free version. I didn't pay for beemaps or whatever it's called. Why would I when Google Maps works fine and is free?

Posted via CB10
    01-10-14 11:35 PM
    Don't worry since you posted here you're covered for a free copy. Still thinking for the price.

Posted via CB10
    I don't understand.. Anybody ego has been giving you feed back and/or just commenting on this thread gets to bypass paying for the app!? ...Or....

Posted From MY #SwagBerry ALL BLACK BlackBerry Z10! #TeamBlackBerry #BlackBerryGang #BlackBerryFaithful #BlackBerryLoyalty #BB10Swag #Z10
    01-11-14 01:50 AM
    No offence but I'm wouldn't pay for Snap2Chat or any other app with a free alternative in Google Play. The android versions work just fine.

But that's just me because I don't think it's fair that other platform gets big name apps for free (even third party ones like WP8) and we have to pay for them on BB10. Not to mention Instagram and Snapchat wouldn't appreciate third party developers freeloading off their concepts.

Posted via CB10
    I kinda agree with this. Even though it is a third party app, i wouldnt pay for an app that is free on other platforms, and meant to be free.

All Black all BlackBerry-thing!
    01-11-14 02:14 AM
    I'll donate enough to cover the guys who are too cheap to spend a couple bucks and appreciate hard, dedicated work.
    01-11-14 02:20 AM
    I would always gladly pay up to 'the price of a cup of coffee' for any app which has high design standards like this one. And most apps do not even cost that much.

For one, the time and effort spent in recreating the experience - when the 'official company' can not even be bothered - just for us niche users is commendable!
    And if there are any server/maintenance costs involved it is only fair to ask for some compensation.
    Also, for making sure we can get an add-free experience a small fee is normal for apps like this. Unlike the 'official company' these third party developers do not have hidden means of income.

And finally, BB10 is still the least popular platform to code for. Do we really want to prevent any decent developers from making our apps, only by saying in advance we will never pay for them? And only because there is a 'free, non-optimised, unsupported alternative' to side-load?
    _____

Tl;dr - asking a small fee for an app like this is not a bad thing. NemOry certainly will not get rich, he will just be fairly compensated for his time and effort.
    Things like a free trial, or some limited function may seem nice, but any sort of limitation like that will results in negative BBWorld reviews, it just works that way. If you ask me, a straightforward pricing like $1~2 would be much more transparent and honest.

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    01-11-14 02:37 AM
    Wouldn't mind to pay for an app that has more features and better than the original app.

Let's be honest guys ;
    Uploading pics?
    Editing pics?
    Caption customisation?
    Title bar customisation?
    Shout box?
    And even more!

These things u can't find on the official snapchat, it really deserve to get the Dev some cash on snap2chat.

Posted via CB10
    SirJes and Nemory Studios like this.
    01-11-14 05:08 AM
    Do one have to check all the permissions for the app to make it work better?
    I mean, what does the app need permissions to see:
    1.contacts
    2. email and pin kodes
    3. Shared files ( why does it need to acces my other stuff)
    4. Textmessages
    5. Bbm
    6Microfon
    .7 camera,
    8. Screencap.

Some of them not really keen on to let permission go.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-14 05:22 AM
    Let me know how to donate/pay.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-14 05:55 AM
    I'll donate enough to cover the guys who are too cheap to spend a couple bucks and appreciate hard, dedicated work.
    I did the very same a while ago. Donated to cover several copies.

Cheap people here.. as if a dollar or two is going to make your life horrible. It's practically a few soft drinks or so damn it.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-14 07:18 AM
    Awesome app from the BlackBerry z10 from the UK

Posted via CB10
    01-11-14 08:23 AM
    Can't register

Posted via CB10
    01-11-14 09:41 AM
    Well I found a new problem. With all the previous version i have been logged in to snap2chat on both my Q10 and on my Z30 at the same time. Now with the newest version 0.8.9 it will not let me stay logged into more than one device. After I log into the second device, the first device displays the error message: I tried several times to connect you to the snapchat server but it looks like you're already logged in another snapchat application. Any way to fix this so I can log into 2 devices at once?
    01-11-14 09:58 AM
    Well I found a new problem. With all the previous version i have been logged in to snap2chat on both my Q10 and on my Z30 at the same time. Now with the newest version 0.8.9 it will not let me stay logged into more than one device. After I log into the second device, the first device displays the error message: I tried several times to connect you to the snapchat server but it looks like you're already logged in another snapchat application. Any way to fix this so I can log into 2 devices at once?
    Sorry ignore
    01-11-14 10:11 AM
    I now all of the sudden get this error when I try sending a snap.

Error: c
    Official snap2chat - Native snapchat Client for BlackBerry 10 Beta Thread-img_20140111_171421_edit.png

Posted via CB10
    01-11-14 10:16 AM
    I noticed when using the dark theme the inside of the squares for received snaps is black but the inside of the triangles for sent snaps is white. Not sure if this is done on purpose but I think for uniformity it would be nice if both were black.

Official snap2chat - Native snapchat Client for BlackBerry 10 Beta Thread-img_20140111_115823_edit.png

Posted via CB10
    pttptppt likes this.
    01-11-14 11:00 AM
    Do one have to check all the permissions for the app to make it work better?
    I mean, what does the app need permissions to see:
    1.contacts
    2. email and pin kodes
    3. Shared files ( why does it need to acces my other stuff)
    4. Textmessages
    5. Bbm
    6Microfon
    .7 camera,
    8. Screencap.

Some of them not really keen on to let permission go.

Posted via CB10
    1. You can find friends in snapchat by phone number.
    2. Feedback and dev contact.
    3. If you want to send an existing picture, the app needs to acces.
    4. Not sure.
    5. Not sure
    6. Video.
    7. You need the cam to take a picture no?
    8. What about get a capture of the snap?

Posted via CB10
    01-11-14 11:21 AM
    I worry (and I've shared this concern with him) that Snapchat will try to come for Oliver when this hits BlackBerry World but I can't believe people are actually debating whether they should pay or not. Sure, if you want to download something from a droid store that offers 0 support to BlackBerry users just because it's free, nothing is stopping you. This is different though... it's a native app from one of our own who is quite possibly one of the hardest working people I've ever seen. I feel offended by the last few pages of this thread to be quite honest. The developer should be commended for doing something the official company refuses to.
    01-11-14 11:24 AM
    I worry (and I've shared this concern with him) that Snapchat will try to come for Oliver when this hits BlackBerry World but I can't believe people are actually debating whether they should pay or not. Sure, if you want to download something from a droid store that offers 0 support to BlackBerry users just because it's free, nothing is stopping you. This is different though... it's a native app from one of our own who is quite possibly one of the hardest working people I've ever seen. I feel offended by the last few pages of this thread to be quite honest. The developer should be commended for doing something the official company refuses to.
    I agree 1000%.

Posted with my ?Q10 running 10.2.1.1925.
    01-11-14 11:39 AM
    I will be paying or donating because I'm one of the reasons this app started development and I'd like to send all the thanks possible

Posted via CB10
    SirJes likes this.
    01-11-14 11:52 AM
    I kinda agree with this. Even though it is a third party app, i wouldnt pay for an app that is free on other platforms, and meant to be free.

All Black all BlackBerry-thing!
    I would pay if it's better experience seeing as we're getting truly headless support... you gotta wait for 10.2.2 or 10.3 android headless. And seeing as it's built in native you wouldn't get a better experience even the android app isn't perfect it has its issues...

And by better experience I mean... do you have Netflix? you only probably have that's cause downloading movies illegally is a pain and so is looking for them. A better experience is always worth something

Posted via CB10
    01-11-14 11:59 AM
    Don't worry since you posted here you're covered for a free copy. Still thinking for the price.

Posted via CB10
    To be honest I wouldn't mind paying a little, like a dollar or 2 for it... since your developing practically a social network in a simple photo sending app :P

Been following since the beginning Nemory, and whatever you choose I'll back it 100%

Keep up the good work my friend

Twitter/4sq/Instagram/CB/Steam: @Loppizzle Dr. Michael Lopez, B.Sc, M.D.
    01-11-14 12:02 PM
    Quick question: Do the extra features that this app has compared to the official Snapchat appear on iOS and Android when you send them? For instance, will my friend with an iPhone see a fancy caption that only Snap2Chat has as a feature? Also, when using emojis, will they appear as emojis or as this instead if that makes sense?

Posted via CB10
    01-11-14 12:57 PM
    Quick question: Do the extra features that this app has compared to the official Snapchat appear on iOS and Android when you send them? For instance, will my friend with an iPhone see a fancy caption that only Snap2Chat has as a feature? Also, when using emojis, will they appear as emojis or as this instead if that makes sense?

Posted via CB10
    Yes to all!

Posted via CB10
    01-11-14 01:02 PM
    Only problem I'm seeing with 8.9 so far:

Official snap2chat - Native snapchat Client for BlackBerry 10 Beta Thread-img_20140111_140045.png

When selecting 'Auto Open Camera On Start' it gives me this blank screen. It won't show the camera or any notifications on the little box on the left until I back out of the camera. Not sure if this is a bug or it just hasn't been completed yet.

Posted via CB10
    Nemory Studios likes this.
    01-11-14 01:04 PM
6,941 ... 5152535455 ...