If someone knew enough to implement malicious code, they wouldn't need the source code in the first place.
    You'd be surprised at the amateur junk you see on Google play. There are devs whose sole goal is to rip off existing apps and inject their malware. It's really quite easy to do.

Only thing about bb10 is that there is limited utility for malware since the userbase is so small. Android development would be a more profitable venture.
    09-06-14 11:53 PM
    The problem is I don't think someone is going to work without earning something after. BlackBerry World won't just accept without permission.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-14 07:35 AM
    Don't give it away. It's your work. If someone else wants to develop an app then let them start from scratch like you had to.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-14 07:39 AM
    The problem is I don't think someone is going to work without earning something after. BlackBerry World won't just accept without permission.

Posted via CB10
    It's not about that nem. Look at sachesi, it's now open source and bar file is placed on github and everyone downloads from there.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-14 11:46 AM
    It's because no matter how you change or re-brand it still uses the unauthorized api.

Posted via CB10
    So will you make it open source?

Posted via CB10
    09-07-14 03:29 PM
    Don't give it away. It's your work. If someone else wants to develop an app then let them start from scratch like you had to.

Posted via CB10
    He should sell it instead if someone is interested in pursuing it.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-14 03:37 PM
    He should sell it instead if someone is interested in pursuing it.

Posted via CB10
    The key is to continue to make it more and more usable, however it is done.
    09-07-14 03:52 PM
    I might open source it if there's really an interested person who wants to continue working on it. But still depends

Posted via CB10
    Uhm, this might be mean but... you made enough money off users with your apps.

Grow a pair and maintain your code. No one should have to do this for you - you knew what all the risks were and you collected a fat stack of cash for it... kids these days. Nothing has changed at this point that wasn't expected to change.

YOU made the money. YOU should maintain your code. It isn't rocket science... #justsaying

Posted via CB from my LE
    drfever likes this.
    09-07-14 07:15 PM

Grow a pair and maintain your code. No one should have to do this for you - you knew what all the risks were and you collected a fat stack of cash for it... kids these days. Nothing has changed at this point that wasn't expected to change.
    He was given notice to cease and complied. So I guess technically you're correct, nothing has changed at this point that wasn't expected to change.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-14 08:32 PM
    My version just stopped working, I know all the issues and how it was pulled etc... I would just like to know where I can find a .bar file floating around

Envoy� par mon Z10
    09-07-14 09:24 PM

YOU made the money. YOU should maintain your code. It isn't rocket science... #justsaying

Posted via CB from my LE
    Technically, he doesn't have to maintain it. The purchase you made was for the app itself (which you were provided). You buy a new computer, do you expect them to come and upgrade the parts for you on a regular basis? No, because you purchased the computer, not the ongoing maintenance.

It's a bummer that he's not going to be providing updates, but if the app isn't going to be published, I wouldn't either. I would probably provide a final update though, to fix the major bugs and make the app usable for everyone.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-14 09:29 PM
    My version just stopped working, I know all the issues and how it was pulled etc... I would just like to know where I can find a .bar file floating around

Envoy� par mon Z10
    First post dude.
    09-07-14 09:39 PM
    Technically, he doesn't have to maintain it. The purchase you made was for the app itself (which you were provided).
    Posted via CB10
    Just to add, no purchase was made from me for the app - it was barely usable at the time and I believed he wouldn't finish it.

My statement is towards his short sighted belief that other developers should finish his work for him now that he's sucked all the money up and is worried about legal ramifications and angry clients . I hate how everyone says "oh I'll just open source it" as if it justifies them no longer finishing half cooked commitments - while taking money for partially built apps.

My issue is entirely with him expecting other developers to do his work for him after pulling in something like 100k in sales for his app.

Posted via CB from my LE
    09-07-14 10:08 PM
    How refunds work, is getting your money back and giving back the product or service.
    Example: When you refund a shirt, you have to GIVE BACK the shirt and you get your money back.

So I don't get why people are going crazy for the fact that if they get a refund, they can no longer use the app. That's pretty straight forward and logical.

And what's 1-2$ really! Think of what you have spent for snap2chat as a thank you to Nemory to continue and provide us BlackBerry users native apps that run smoothly and integrates nicely in our OS, instead of using Android apps...

If you are all going to go against him and write negative comments, I wouldn't blame Nemory to stop making apps for BlackBerry and move on to other platforms. I don't think anyone fully understand how complicated and time consuming it is to make an app.

Let's be greatful guys that we have Nemory who still continue to provide us wonderful apps for our BlackBerry devices!

JC, from the Asian Guy that Hates BlackBerry on YouTube
    Nemory Studios and coloibarra like this.
    09-07-14 10:53 PM
    How refunds work, is getting your money back and giving back the product or service.
    Example: When you refund a shirt, you have to GIVE BACK the shirt and you get your money back.

So I don't get why people are going crazy for the fact that if they get a refund, they can no longer use the app. That's pretty straight forward and logical.

And what's 1-2$ really! Think of what you have spent for snap2chat as a thank you to Nemory to continue and provide us BlackBerry users native apps that run smoothly and integrates nicely in our OS, instead of using Android apps...

If you are all going to go against him and write negative comments, I wouldn't blame Nemory to stop making apps for BlackBerry and move on to other platforms. I don't think anyone fully understand how complicated and time consuming it is to make an app.

Let's be greatful guys that we have Nemory who still continue to provide us wonderful apps for our BlackBerry devices!

Guys, you have to stop this "being grateful" thing, Nemory made like $100k(made up number but he did made a ton of money) with snap2chat so it's not like he made some kind of sacrifice.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-14 11:09 PM
    Guys, you have to stop this "being grateful" thing, Nemory made like $100k(made up number but he did made a ton of money) with snap2chat so it's not like he made some kind of sacrifice.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly

Posted via CB from my LE
    09-07-14 11:19 PM

Posted via CB10
    What does it matter if he made 100$-100000$, he made a good app that people wanted to pay for. Like many has mentioned, Nemory was not responsible from the removal of his app. If he was making $100k as people claim, i think he would have wanted the app to stay in BlackBerry World...

The fact that he still continues to make apps for us is a good thing. What if he never made apps for BlackBerry, no one would have a native Snap chat, Facebook messenger....

09-07-14 11:23 PM
    Let's not go down this road again, keyboard warriors.
    jzajac likes this.
    09-07-14 11:23 PM
    The fact that he still continues to make apps for us is a good thing. What if he never made apps for BlackBerry, no one would have a native Snap chat, Facebook messenger....
    He's making half finished apps that he isn't updating and supporting. And he was entirely responsible. He got pulled for charging for the app (and he should be in trouble - the services and servers don't belong to him - all he did was write a front end with a price tag). And he knew all that when he was taking people's money.

My issue is his opensource plan and I stand by my statement, if he wants his app updated - then he should update it. Asking developers to do his work for him now that the money is gone is beyond sad. (edit to summarize). I just get annoyed when developers are so quick to abandon users when the entire situation was known, predictable, and money changed hands. I see it as sleezy, but I'll let it drop for peace sake.

Posted via CB from my LE
    Last edited by KermEd; 09-07-14 at 11:42 PM.
    09-07-14 11:30 PM

Thanks J Caloy!

And once again, I am just very sorry. It's not me who shut it down, I did all I could, we did a petition before, I talked to BlackBerry just to let the app in, BlackBerry helped me contact SnapChat directly. I worked more than 6 months without earning nothing yet (wasn't released yet). I left the BAR File free for everyone. It's even always mentioned in most blog posts by bloggers that if you don't want to pay. you can sideload it for free. I provided pro versions free to some Beta Testers in Beta Zone.

Well, I just hope you understand atleast some. And it's just really fair to give back the product when you want I give you back your money.
    Last edited by Elessar.cm; 09-08-14 at 06:02 AM.
    blackguy07 likes this.
    09-08-14 12:28 AM
    Just to add, no purchase was made from me for the app - it was barely usable at the time and I believed he wouldn't finish it.

My statement is towards his short sighted belief that other developers should finish his work for him now that he's sucked all the money up and is worried about legal ramifications and angry clients . I hate how everyone says "oh I'll just open source it" as if it justifies them no longer finishing half cooked commitments - while taking money for partially built apps.

My issue is entirely with him expecting other developers to do his work for him after pulling in something like 100k in sales for his app.

Posted via CB from my LE
    Maybe that you bought the app you know features you want aren't there. That you know it's half baked for you.

I will give like 1 day for these people and I'll block them from using my app. I suggest go email me now for a refund and stop posting here before I shut you down.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Elessar.cm; 09-08-14 at 06:07 AM.
    09-08-14 02:13 AM

Posted via CB from my LE
    What the? Was it my idea open sourcing it? I don't want to open source my app. And you know why I can't work on it no more? Because snapchat doesn't want. Because it's still using unauthorized api. I didn't collected that much cash you all talking about. Send me email for a refund and stop crying like a baby here

Posted via CB10
    Cranky likes this.
    09-08-14 02:16 AM
    Nemory never actually suggested open sourcing it. I was a actually the first person to suggest it just cause I want to keep getting updates. He needs to move onto other apps as well. If he open sources it, a dev with some time on their hands can tweek and update the app. Once it's open sourced, no one will be making any money off it. Nem said he will think about it and never was the first person to suggest open source. And if he does open source it and a dev wants to work on it, please don't complain and say #maintainyourcode like some of these other ppl.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-14 02:29 AM
    Not everything is about money kids

Posted via CB10
    09-08-14 03:02 AM
    Not everything is about money kids

Posted via CB10
    Paid apps are generally about the money.
    KermEd likes this.
    09-08-14 03:07 AM
6,941 ... 273274275276277 ...