I can't find Snapchat from Snapchat inc
    But I see snap10 from nemory oliver which was Snap2chat lite

Posted via CB10
    It's now the full version. The name has changed again though lol

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.3247 O2 UK
    08-18-14 10:57 AM
    Snap10 is currently the old snap2chat lite. I just downloaded it. Pretty sure he updated BlackBerry World and not the actual bar file....

What the heck is going on.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-14 11:30 AM
    Whoops. Sorry, I had Snap opened not the BlackBerry store.

Posted by a Proud NRA Supporter!
    08-18-14 11:50 AM
    So many inconsistencies in the app now. Downloaded the new one, still says snap2chat as app name but the title bar inside says snapshot and the app's icon says Nemory.

Hope that will all be fixed soon..
    miguel89to likes this.
    08-18-14 12:37 PM
    Damn it! I thought that when I wrote it and I missed the boat entirely. Thanks for the setup, sorry I dropped the ball.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    Lol no problem :P you'll get it next time!

Posted via CB10
    08-18-14 04:07 PM
    So what do you guys think of the future of snapchat on blackberry. Will the problem be fixed and nemory move on with app? Or snapchat will finally decide to make an app for BlackBerry and end the whole issue.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-14 06:29 PM
    So what do you guys think of the future of snapchat on blackberry. Will the problem be fixed and nemory move on with app? Or snapchat will finally decide to make an app for BlackBerry and end the whole issue.

Posted via CB10
    Whichever way you look at it, the future resides in the Android port.

Posted via CB10 on Blackberry Q5
    08-18-14 06:35 PM

Posted via CB10
    That's tricky. My guess? If he somehow gets snapchat's blessing we lose the incredible extra features Nem has given us. No more unlimited replays,no more saving cache or VIP icons, no dark theme. We would have what everybody else on android and iOS has. My gut says that won't happen, and we're looking at keeping what we have as of today in a best case scenario or worst case losing this version completely and being stuck with a half functioning android port that takes crappy photos and no videos. I still can't see snapchat developing a BlackBerry app on their own. If we got to that point I think I would just give up on snapchat and delete my account. I'd continue to support Nem and other devs working on other apps for this platform. I'm going to keep hoping for the best and remain cautiously optimistic.

08-18-14 07:11 PM
    Well if support totally drops for this - it totally sucks cause there is a lot of bugs still within the app which I paid for to work flawlessly. I.e. Ration issue with viewing android videos - my biggest pet peeve of the app.. pretty effin lame.

Jeez I really wanted the BlackBerry Classic and now no snapchat is really going to make decision tough to stay with BlackBerry since it's my most used app.

I know the snapchat apk sucks on my 10.2.1 but how is in 10.3?

Posted via CB10 on the Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3175
    08-18-14 07:17 PM
    I suggest you all not to update to any updates I push right now, they're all just name, icon, and some text updates. that's all.
    08-18-14 09:10 PM
    So I deleted, to get a fresh start, and now can't find s2c in appworld, am I missing something.
    (haven't been here for a while, so there are quite a few pages to read through).

Posted via CB10
    08-18-14 09:15 PM
    So I deleted, to get a fresh start, and now can't find s2c in appworld, am I missing something.
    (haven't been here for a while, so there are quite a few pages to read through).

Posted via CB10
    I've done the same but I know what's going on: Snapchat the actual company have told Nemr0y to do one cos he was making money from Snapchat servers or something along them lines. Oh and we're supposed to email some email address our BlackBerry World receipts for when we bought the full version. What do we do now to get the app back?

Posted via CB10
    08-18-14 11:57 PM
    I suggest you all not to update to any updates I push right now, they're all just name, icon, and some text updates. that's all.
    Will your lite version, which is now undergoing a re-branding, incorporate all the pro features we paid for?

As a suggestion, don't you think the name "SnapShot" would be more fitting for the re-branding? Sing your in the process of re-adjusting everything, for the sake of consistently, could you match the 10.3 app icon guidelines by having the app icon designed as a square with small round edges (like Facebook, Twitter, etc.)?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by thanasi; 08-19-14 at 05:36 AM.
    08-19-14 05:06 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yes, snapchat has asked that the app be removed from BlackBerry World. If you still have the receipt from BlackBerry for buying it you could forward that to the snapchat email address and Nem could add you to the sandbox to be able to download an app in the beta zone. If you deleted the app and don't have any of the BAR files saved on your computer that could be your best bet to get the app back.

08-19-14 08:16 AM
    I'm thinking of putting back the app in store... but I want to send a message to SnapChat first.. here are the compiled SnapChat Apps on other platforms http://nemoryoliver.com it's so weird they took down my app before these other ones that most of them are in store for a much longer time and it's a lot of them. Blackberry only had one snapchat Client.

Anybody can help me construct the message to them?

Posted via CB10
    anon(5906760) and CMcRob like this.
    08-19-14 11:35 AM
    "Dear SnapChat. Suck my weiner"

Lolz, I don't recommend you start with that.

Although I think something along the lines of pointing out that if they are unwilling to write their own native app, or at least properly port the android version, then there should be no problem with you making one.

There are a lot of other examples, and you've felt personally persecuted, when there are other more blatant rip off examples. Even on the android platform they DO support.

I think you should agree to change the name and icon, since that seems to be the biggest issue.

And if they would consent to have your app running, even better.

Afterall, if the blackberry market is too small to consider writing an app for, then it's too small to be considered a large increase of traffic in their servers.

Posted via (hopefully) a passport A10
    tryfe likes this.
    08-19-14 12:13 PM
    You can put it up but I'm sure the reason they took it down, aside from the name and logo similarity, was that you were making money off of them. If you put it up, it would need to be for free. That's why your lite version wasn't affected, because it was free.

Posted via CB10
    blackguy07 likes this.
    08-19-14 12:45 PM
    You can put it up but I'm sure the reason they took it down, aside from the name and logo similarity, was that you were making money off of them. If you put it up, it would need to be for free. That's why your lite version wasn't affected, because it was free.

Posted via CB10
    That is also what I think. Their biggest concern was that your app was not free it looks like
    08-19-14 12:53 PM
    Before you put it back up I recommend changing the name and Logo so snapchat can't complain about using a Logo close to theirs. Next I would compare you situation to Twitter and the paid app called Blaq. Blaq costs $2.99 and twitter is free.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-14 01:21 PM
    When is the chat system gonna be available on the app and also I think i can speak for others that use the Q10 the camera mainly in videos doesn't frame properly is their gonna be a fix for it also for the photo filters
    08-19-14 04:45 PM
    When is the chat system gonna be available on the app and also I think i can speak for others that use the Q10 the camera mainly in videos doesn't frame properly is their gonna be a fix for it also for the photo filters
    Are you kidding me?

Posted via CB10
    08-19-14 04:56 PM
    Lol the app just got removed from the app store. I'm pretty sure he's more focused on getting it back rather than new features...

Posted via CB10
    08-19-14 05:42 PM
    I'm thinking of putting back the app in store... but I want to send a message to SnapChat first.. here are the compiled SnapChat Apps on other platforms http://nemoryoliver.com it's so weird they took down my app before these other ones that most of them are in store for a much longer time and it's a lot of them. Blackberry only had one snapchat Client.

Anybody can help me construct the message to them?

Posted via CB10
    It would be nice to have it back just do some name changes, add a donate button within the application I'm sure we will all be happy to assist in the development
    CMcRob likes this.
    08-19-14 07:18 PM
    Joke?

Posted with my ? Q10.
    08-19-14 07:55 PM
    I'd rebrand it, publish it again (even as paid) and continue as you were before. I think they just want it crystal clear to the user that this is not their product.
    08-19-14 09:18 PM
6,941 ... 264265266267268 ...