It's 2014 and notifications are above basic? ... really?

Just to recap for the lite version this update added:
    - Advertisement bar
    - Splash screen asking users to update
    - "This option is available in the PRO version only." pop up bug when opening the app
    I dont care at all for the notifications. I know this is a lite version which will include basic things. The things that annoy me are indeed the splash screen asking users to update to pro and the pop up bug?(or intended idk). It feels like they are forcing you to upgrade. This already is a free lite version, why ruin the experience by doing such things? I dont know why the dev made the decision to do this. There already is an upgrade to pro button in the more button. Putting everywhere upgrade to pro will mostly irritate people instead of buying it.

Just my opinion on this new update.

Posted via CB10
    coloibarra and miguel89to like this.
    06-23-14 04:11 PM

- Advertisement bar
    - "This option is available in the PRO version only." pop up bug when opening the app
    Well you did say "the most basic feature of a social app" was notifications. I would disagree, the most basic feature is to perform the social action, not to send you a notification about the social action. The most basic feature of twitter is to send and read tweets, facebook is to read and send posts, and snap2chat is to send and receive snaps. That's the "most basic feature" of snap2chat.

Luckily for you there are many options out there to remedy this. You could buy the full version of the app from BlackBerry World, you could sideload the version from page 1 of this thread to accomplish the same thing without paying, or you could delete it and write your own app to send you all the notifications your heart desires. The choice is yours.
    06-23-14 06:21 PM
    Only devs will understand why free versions of pro version are and should be irritating, look at apps of Rudy Huyn in Windows Phone, just like his snapchat version 6snap, it's our job to gain revenue, and our technique is to make a free app with ads, of course the purpose of that is to irritate and bother the user so he will be tired of it and maybe just upgrade. That's the truth. Sorry. I proviide a free version in the firsr page like whay jzazac suggests and actually the free version is only for the dedicated beta testers but lucky you I made it available to all.

Posted via CB10
    BryanVilla, Cranky and coloibarra like this.
    06-23-14 06:38 PM

- Advertisement bar
    Please read my post below

Posted via CB10
    06-23-14 06:41 PM
    The annoying popup when first start is a bug, and I fixed it and an update should be live again sometime this week.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-14 06:42 PM
    Another issue for me is that the active frame does not update itself when people open snaps and send snaps.

Also, when opening snap2chat the notification will say "1, 2 or 3 etc" I will view those snaps and when I go back to the camera it does not clear that notification number until the app is closed and re opened.

Posted via CB10 on the Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3175
    There's a bug in this, the auto refresh doesn't work.in thr app and needs manual refresh for the active frame to update. Fix is coming

Posted via CB10
    06-23-14 06:43 PM
    To some, supporting developers means "a dollar can help a one man team make something for the community". To others it simply means "I downloaded it to my device". I'm not close to being a wealthy man but I was happy to donate money back when it looked like this would never hit BlackBerry World, then when it finally did I gave even more by paying for the full version. No regrets about that decision. It's worth 1.99 just to show support, and you get the added perk of notifications and full features unlocking for your use.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    Thanks so much man... I wish most people have the same understandings like you rajbir, and others.

To everyone I'm just one man, just graduated, don't have a job, it's my source of income. I hope you get it. A dollar can keep me pushing updates to make you a better snapchat

Posted via CB10
    06-23-14 06:46 PM
    Just got a notification to update to 2.2.8 from blackberry world

Posted via CB10
    Nemory Studios likes this.
    06-23-14 09:57 PM
    Then don't fuggen use it! This guy is doing this by himself. No one else is trying to get Snapchat on BlackBerry. You're praising app developers who don't give a shyt about BlackBerry. Why are you complaining when you have the lite version?? Learn how to code an make your own app or jump ship and get another device.

Posted via CB10
    coloibarra and Javid Gozalov like this.
    06-23-14 11:25 PM
    I love the new UI for snap2chat. Makes it more appealing. Only thing left to make me completely happy with this app is the video orientation!

Posted via CB10 on the Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3175
    06-23-14 11:53 PM
    Yeah man... the app is looking slick as hell now

Fat Mexican with a Z10 in CB10
    06-24-14 12:10 AM
    App looks nice n all.. except now I can't send a video at all.. this occurs a high percentage of the time..
    Official snap2chat - Native snapchat Client for BlackBerry 10 Beta Thread-img_20140624_005732.png

Posted via CB10
    06-24-14 12:59 AM
    Only devs will understand why free versions of pro version are and should be irritating, look at apps of Rudy Huyn in Windows Phone, just like his snapchat version 6snap, it's our job to gain revenue, and our technique is to make a free app with ads, of course the purpose of that is to irritate and bother the user so he will be tired of it and maybe just upgrade. That's the truth. Sorry. I proviide a free version in the firsr page like whay jzazac suggests and actually the free version is only for the dedicated beta testers but lucky you I made it available to all.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for your clear and honest answer

Posted via CB10
    06-24-14 01:27 AM
    App looks nice n all.. except now I can't send a video at all.. this occurs a high percentage of the time..
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140624_005732.png 
Views:	1594 
Size:	192.9 KB 
ID:	280044

Posted via CB10
    UPDATE: So I un-installed the app?. Restarted my phone. Re-installed the app. Did a couple practice runs. The video issue seems to be resolved.�

Posted via CB10
    06-24-14 01:29 AM
    Beautiful update! Only the # of best friends won't stick when I set it to 3.

Next I would recommend you...
    - Enable the ability to swipe from left to right when in story mode to go back (instead of having to click the back button)
    - Hide bottom bar in ALL tabs when scrolling down to save more screen real estate for us Q users.m
    - Flash is still switched on even when in X, still have to switch on and then off again to take effect.

Other than that the update is amazzzzinggg! Great work Nem!

Posted via My Beast Q10
    06-24-14 02:31 AM
    So nem shall I do the upgrade I got on the bbstore??

Posted via CB10
    06-24-14 04:39 AM
    Or shall I stay on beta versions?

Posted via CB10
    06-24-14 04:42 AM
    No need to upgrade from bbworld. Same build different version num hehe

Posted via CB10
    06-24-14 05:42 AM
    Love the new update, looking sexy!

Posted via CB10
    06-24-14 07:03 AM
    Beautiful update! Only the # of best friends won't stick when I set it to 3.

Next I would recommend you...
    - Enable the ability to swipe from left to right when in story mode to go back (instead of having to click the back button)
    - Hide bottom bar in ALL tabs when scrolling down to save more screen real estate for us Q users.m
    - Flash is still switched on even when in X, still have to switch on and then off again to take effect.

Other than that the update is amazzzzinggg! Great work Nem!

Posted via My Beast Q10
    +1

The swipe right to back gesture is a must!

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 100-1.
    blackguy07 and Nemory Studios like this.
    06-24-14 09:21 AM
    Hey Nem, I was wondering for the Story part if you could make it an option that the most recent stories are displayed at the top? This would reduce the amount of time it takes it find the new stories from our friends.

Thanks! I haven't had the crashing happen to me in the last couple of days.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-14 09:33 AM
    Love the new UI! It looks so clean and fresh <3
    06-24-14 11:30 AM
    Hey Nem. Really cool seeing you on the BlackBerry dev Jam chat.

They really screwed you with those ad services from smaato.

You think you'll be able to use any of the new headless apis? Maybe triggering every x mins. To check the server, then sleeping again?

Might help with battery and such. Maybe even the headless portion?

Posted via CB10
    06-24-14 11:58 AM
    The new Snap2Chat Icons proposed by Apollo_IV for 10.3 Preparation

What do you think? This?

Official snap2chat - Native snapchat Client for BlackBerry 10 Beta Thread-full-size.jpg

Or still this?

Official snap2chat - Native snapchat Client for BlackBerry 10 Beta Thread-icon-480.png

For me I like the current icon. Please let us know what icon do you want.
    06-24-14 12:00 PM
    Hey Nem. Really cool seeing you on the BlackBerry dev Jam chat.

They really screwed you with those ad services from smaato.

You think you'll be able to use any of the new headless apis? Maybe triggering every x mins. To check the server, then sleeping again?

Might help with battery and such. Maybe even the headless portion?

Posted via CB10
    hey yeah.. hahaha.. too many assholes in the chat too. hehe.. what was your name in the chat? hehe

I will surely use the new triggers instead of implementing my own timers. my own timers uses much more cpu and battery for sure. this awesome new triggers will optimize it more and lighter headless.
    06-24-14 12:01 PM
6,941 ... 238239240241242 ...