Thanks to all of you guys. Really happy you understand me.

Posted via CB10
    JAS0NB0URNE likes this.
    02-28-14 11:38 PM
    Great work, stopped by to see how it has come. Everything looks definitely polished the only thing I have issues now with is trying to change my name in the profile. It wont save the name change. Other than that it is ready for prime time.
    03-01-14 01:09 AM
    I've tested at least 5 versions, but I'm also going to be quite happy to pay for the app. Good work Nem!

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 01:14 AM
    Hey NemOry, I've been lurking on this thread for a while. Haven't posted because every issue I've had was already up and I didn't want to badger you with them. I simply read your replies as to what's going on with them. How can I prove that I was a beta tester so I get a refund?

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 07:00 AM
    Guys, this isn't going to set you back $20 or anything, though I'm sure there are some of us who are so grateful that they may donate that amount in support of all that Nem has done. I didn't come across this thread until version 0.8 (ish) and I wasn't aware that this would end up being a paid app or that any testers could get a refund. I just wanted to help out someone who was going above and beyond for the community by building an app that exceeds the abilities of the original which wouldn't be fully available to us otherwise. While I can understand the thought process behind making this 'freemium' in BlackBerry World for people who haven't heard of snap2chat yet, I feel like we have one last responsibility as the testers who had a free ride with this app, some of us for many months: help give this the push it will need in BlackBerry World, don't let the price stop anybody and flood it with the positive reviews it deserves to let others know this won't be money wasted. Then, before you submit screen shots for reimbursement, realize that this was not made by a company with massive resources and support centers but by an independent developer doing this on their own time for no compensation. With everything that we've been given and will see in the future and with how many updates we have seen to address our problems, maybe Nem deserves a few dollars for his time? That's at least how I feel about this. As I think about how much goes into building something like this (which I know I can't do) and with how much use I get out of the app, I know it's worth the money. While I welcome seeing a bunch of new posts here and many people testing this and trying it out, I just hope it's for the right reasons and not people coming out grasping for pennies...

Sorry for the long post everyone. I'm powering down the rant machine so I can get back to playing with snap2chat.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    eywong and anon(5906760) like this.
    03-01-14 07:53 AM
    I agree, I am more than willing to spend a few dollars for the app and for all of Nem's hard work and constant interaction with the app users.
    Well deserving! You're the man, man!

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 08:54 AM
    Tbh Nemory I think charging for this app is going to cause issues for you. SnapChat will almost certainly request that BlackBerry bans the app from the store simply because you are charging for it. Donations would probably be a better way to create revenue.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 09:02 AM
    Still true. All who participated are covered for a refund. After snap2chat has been approved in BlackBerry world. Testers can send me an email. With their CB forum or any proof they were a beta tester and a refund will be on its way.

Posted via CB10
    I'm just curious does this include any and all ego have participated in this forum thread or are there certain special individuals who have been given the title "beta tester" !? Because I've been technically testing out the app and giving on my two cents whenever I can but I was never directly told that I was a beta tester.. #JustWondering

Posted From MY #SwagBerry ALL BLACK BlackBerry Z10! #TeamBlackBerry #BlackBerryGang #BlackBerryFaithful #BlackBerryLoyalty #BB10Swag #Z10
    03-01-14 09:13 AM
    Weren't you thinking about making it free for the first day?

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 10:17 AM
    Tbh Nemory I think charging for this app is going to cause issues for you. SnapChat will almost certainly request that BlackBerry bans the app from the store simply because you are charging for it. Donations would probably be a better way to create revenue.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah I fear that as well. I know whine app had that issue. Very happy to pay for it but if snapchat intervene and demand for it to be taken down then that's it

Posted via CB10 on the BlackBerry Z30
    03-01-14 11:20 AM
    Just throw an add at the beginning and charge to remove them. Seems to work for chive.
    03-01-14 11:52 AM
    Even if you are a beta tester, I think it's worth it to not accept a refund. No one is going to go broke by give $0.99. Help the dev out since he put a lot of time and hard work into this. Don't be cheap.

Posted via CB10
    FUNKYJASPER2 likes this.
    03-01-14 11:58 AM
    Even if you are a beta tester, I think it's worth it to not accept a refund. No one is going to go broke by give $0.99. Help the dev out since he put a lot of time and hard work into this. Don't be cheap.

Posted via CB10
    I agree. There has been many hours of hard work put into the snap2chat. We can all skip a cup of coffee or pop for a day.
    03-01-14 12:22 PM
    Lmao if you're requesting 99c, you're cheapest person on earth...

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 12:35 PM
    I'm from hyderabad. I got it too on stl-100

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 02:18 PM
    My Starbucks is over $5 per day.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 02:21 PM
    Snapchat is a big deal because it's popular among kids/teens, which is an age bracket less likely to pay for an app. Just saying

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 02:28 PM
    Snapchat is a big deal because it's popular among kids/teens, which is an age bracket less likely to pay for an app. Just saying

Posted via CB10
    I agree. It's not about being cheap, it's the fact that you can get this app (not snap2chat but let's equate it to snapchat for arguments sake) on ios and android for free. Another reason why someone may overlook blackberry which is a shame. Now is this nems problem? No, it's his app, his work, he can charge for it if he likes.

People shouldn't discourage getting a refund. If you actually tested the app and dealt with its bugs and reported them to the dev then I would argue that counts for a dollar of your time in the least. I myself have still not decided if I'll post for refund but I won't hammer people who do.

Also on a side note correct me if I'm wrong but "freemium" apps usually end up generating more revenue do they not? This option could bring the best of both worlds. For the end user, and developer.

Posted via CB10 on my awesome new Z30!
    03-01-14 02:53 PM

Posted via CB10
    What if you're a teen like me? My parents don't give me any money to spend online, I would pay if I could, but my parents would never let me spend money on applications for my phone.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 04:05 PM
    Yeah, i'm with what everyone else said about it being a paid app. I think that would turn out bad.. Accepting donations would be okay though, right? I would be more than happy to donate.
    03-01-14 04:19 PM
    When is it coming to BlackBerry World? ;

Posted From Z30/10.2.0.224
    03-01-14 04:21 PM
    The people saying they wouldn't pay for the app are incredibly cheap. Sorry to be so blunt. Clearly an awful lot of time, amongst other commitments, has ben invested into this development.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 04:59 PM
    Don't worry guys. I totally changed my mind. If the app gets approved. It will not be posted for sale yet. But instead I will make it free, with ads, and you need to unlock the good sruffs by paying via in app purchase. That's it. No worries to those who can't pay.

Still I'm waiting for approval though. Gonna take more long since I'm sure they're not working on weekends.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 05:08 PM
    Don't worry guys. I totally changed my mind. If the app gets approved. It will not be posted for sale yet. But instead I will make it free, with ads, and you need to unlock the good sruffs by paying via in app purchase. That's it. No worries to those who can't pay.

Still I'm waiting for approval though. Gonna take more long since I'm sure they're not working on weekends.

Posted via CB10
    I think it's about a 4 day turnaround time, could be wrong. Any way to donate more to you than in-app purchase?

Posted with my ?Q10 running 10.2.1.1925.
    03-01-14 05:15 PM
    I think it's about a 4 day turnaround time, could be wrong. Any way to donate more to you than in-app purchase?

Posted with my ?Q10 running 10.2.1.1925.
    Hi json bourne, anyone can donate if they want though but a purchase to unlock the good stuffs for just 0.99$ in first 3 days is already a good donation. But any one can donate if they want to my paypal email nemoryoliver@gmail.com

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 05:19 PM
6,941 ... 131132133134135 ...