That is an interesting fact about VideoEditor. It means that it unpacked your MP4 to raw data and repacked it with smaller compression parameters and hence the bigger file size.
    Like I said, an like I was told, we will have more control over issues like this in time, when camera changes pass the tests and when OpenMAX is implemented fully.

Carry on with great work. If help is needed, i am always on BBM.
    WTF!!! Never heard of OpenMAX but I searched and it's a nice media library.. I'm very happy to know BlackBerry is trying to implement that.. can't wait!!!

also for the video editor.. not sure if that's what it does though.. but yeah I wish it keeps the file size small

and yes will just ping you when needed!! thanks MAN!!!
    01-31-14 02:39 AM
    Nope! Not after you originally closed it. I can't go back to a snap 2 weeks ago and reopen it

Posted via CB10
    if you want snaps to be viewed forever you can simply set the Max Replay to a million then even in the next year you will still be able to open that awesome snap!!
    01-31-14 02:40 AM
    A little bug that sometimes happens, when you open it, it shows the times you received snaps wrongly, received some last night, open it this morning and says 1 hour ago

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 02:45 AM
    A little bug that sometimes happens, when you open it, it shows the times you received snaps wrongly, received some last night, open it this morning and says 1 hour ago

Posted via CB10
    you using the latest 0.8.967?
    01-31-14 02:49 AM
    Yeah, it's not my phone, it's my other half's, both using latest release and both on 10.2.1 , I don't have the problem but she does haha

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 03:00 AM
    if you want snaps to be viewed forever you can simply set the Max Replay to a million then even in the next year you will still be able to open that awesome snap!!
    LOL

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 03:09 AM
    OKAY!! VERSION 0.9 is now available for download!!!!!

Official snap2chat - Native snapchat Client for BlackBerry 10 Beta Thread-icon.png

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/..._v0.9_10.2.bar

only for 10.2 and Above

CHANGES IN 0.9:
    ADDED - Video Recorder (You can now happily send videos)
    ADDED - Video Editor (it's awesome, but video editor saves video in a higher size, sometimes your video snap will not be sent when you use this editor)
    ADDED - Front Facing Flash
    ADDED - 2 More recent snaps in active frame for z30
    IMPROVED - Reduced RAM/Memory Usage Size - Before Up to 320MB
    IMPROVED - Startup Time
    ADDED - Jump to top and jump to bottom in lists
    ADDED - 1 and 2 second snap time limit
    CORRECTED - Friends Count in Friends Tab
    REMOVED - Advanced Camera Settings
    FIXED - About Page Close Button
    FIXED - Mirroring on attached photos, shoutbox and in extended profile
    FIXED - Shows Stories Count in Tab
    ADDED - Space Bar Key to Capture and Start/Stop Recording
    REMOVED - BB10 Camera

Just post anything here you want to say about 0.9!!! Have a good day!
    01-31-14 03:39 AM
    Installing right now OTA!!!

Posted via CB10
    Nemory Studios likes this.
    01-31-14 03:43 AM
    I hope you get approved for headless support AND hub integration!

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 03:48 AM
    Just sent my first video. Sent it to my girlfriends iPhone 5 and it works awesome. The only slight thing is is there anyway to make it so the light only comes on when you are pushing the button?

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 03:59 AM
    I didn't even know video sending wasn't available until i saw "ADDED - Video Recorder". I recorded a video once a few Snap2Chat versions ago from the app and it worked...i never bothered to send a video again though. Anyways great job with the Native client Nem
    01-31-14 04:14 AM
    Just downloaded 0.9, surely love having this app. Surely very close to being able to be submitted to the BBWorld, however, when I open my contacts, it's constantly reloading them. is there a reason for that?
    01-31-14 04:15 AM
    Just sent my first video. Sent it to my girlfriends iPhone 5 and it works awesome. The only slight thing is is there anyway to make it so the light only comes on when you are pushing the button?

Posted via CB10
    Awesome man!!
    sorry it's hard to understand what light.. since I added front facing light, video light, and the rear flash..
    01-31-14 04:15 AM
    I just updated the bar file I fixed the attaching of photos that becomes blank.. same link.. just redownload..
    01-31-14 04:16 AM
    This is definitely ready for BlackBerry World! Headless will make this beyond perfect though!

One thing :- though the friend count is fixed, the friends tab still shows multiple entries of the same friend. Can you fix that?

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 04:22 AM
    This is definitely ready for BlackBerry World! Headless will make this beyond perfect though!

One thing :- though the friend count is fixed, the friends tab still shows multiple entries of the same friend. Can you fix that?

Posted via CB10
    I hope you've used the original snapchat app? That's how they do it too.

Thanks man. Hope major.opinoons are the same.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 04:23 AM
    now we're talking business.. goodbye android snapchat.
    01-31-14 04:34 AM
    now we're talking business.. goodbye android snapchat.
    I deleted the android snapchat today, completely useless
    01-31-14 04:41 AM
    I deleted the android snapchat today, completely useless
    indeed it is.. when u have the native features and much more!
    01-31-14 04:42 AM
    Awesome man!!
    sorry it's hard to understand what light.. since I added front facing light, video light, and the rear flash..
    Sorry the rear flash. As soon as you go to video mode it turns on and never turns off until you exit video mode. You are doing an amazing job mate. It has come along way since I caught onto it just before christmas

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 05:17 AM
    On the Q10, when I take a picture, it "zooms" in to the picture.. It doesnt show the whole picture (not what i took a snap of).. It cuts of the picture so it can fit into the screen.. Kinda like when you receive a snap on the sideloaded snapchat. I would like to have it the way it was before... Otherwise i havent tested the other stuff yet, but looks good so far.

Edit: so it seems like that it takes the whole picture, but just crops of the part when it previews the snap, but the whole picture is sent. Funny.

Edit 2: sent a snap to myself. It behaves like the sideloaded snapchat where the whole picture is not shown. I liked the previous way way better, even with the black bars on the side. And the option to choose isnt there anymore either.

Edit 3: so i found the setting, but both are the same.
    01-31-14 05:31 AM
    Where do you find the setting?

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 05:42 AM
    Standard BlackBerry location.
    Swipe down from top of the app and you'll see it.
    01-31-14 05:45 AM
    Sorry I meant where do you find the setting to change the aspect ratio when taking a snap? Or has that been removed?

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 05:51 AM
    Hi Nem,

Great update!

Are there plans to be able to add captions and draw on videos? I'm sure this functionality was present in a previous version of snap2chat with video

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 06:05 AM
6,941 ... 8889909192 ...