nemory i would perfect video snaps before submitting. everything else is fine for bbworld, but i would have the core feautures working 100 percent first
    01-09-14 02:39 PM
    Nemory, I've been following this app since it began and i think you've done absolutely amazing work!!! I think all the fundamentals are there but it just needs to be polished and a bit more stable for prime time.

In terms of features, i think that fixing video playback and sending should be the last big feature so that the app is at least equal with SnapChat on the basics!

Once the video sending is up and running and the app is very stable i think that should please everyone and will give you time to add all the kickass extra features that make snap2chat so awesome!!!

To be honest i don't care if your release it now in BBW because i absolutely love it, but for general people who can't appreciate your work will nit pick and might make your BBW reviews lower than they should

Keep up the amazing work!!
    amjass12 likes this.
    01-09-14 03:00 PM
    I've heard that others have been able to load an image to their profile on Snap2Chat. How do I do that? I don't seen any options to do that. Jim
    01-09-14 03:07 PM
    The only reason I'll agree to not send it out to BBWorld right now, is so you can avoid the bad reviews that may harm your developer reputation. You're a great developer you don't deserve a bad rep.

Even though the app is great and works near perfect, there are people out there that will b**ch about the slightest of problems.

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    BrentRoss likes this.
    01-09-14 03:10 PM
    Ahaha yo nemory, I been following you since you started and I even gave you the idea ahaha. I love the app!!

Posted via CB10
    01-09-14 04:08 PM
    The app is great and I love it! Only problem is that sometimes I'll try to take a "snap" and it won't move onto the next page, just keeps me at the camera screen. Any suggestions?

Posted via CB10
    01-09-14 04:08 PM
    I can't take snaps, i press the circle and nothing happens. just the camera sound comes on.
    01-09-14 04:09 PM
    The only reason I'll agree to not send it out to BBWorld right now, is so you can avoid the bad reviews that may harm your developer reputation. You're a great developer you don't deserve a bad rep.

Even though the app is great and works near perfect, there are people out there that will b**ch about the slightest of problems.

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    Second this!

Posted via CB10
    SirJes likes this.
    01-09-14 04:14 PM
    I can't take snaps, i press the circle and nothing happens. just the camera sound comes on.
    That happened to me a while ago today. Restarted app and it was fixed.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-14 04:23 PM
    Excellent app, thank you so much for your efforts! I just wanted to share the bugs that I have found thus far. I hope I'm not reporting previously posted issues. (Also, these are all on a Z10)

- Front facing camera does not initialize when the app is opened
    - Friend requests say confirmed but the notification does not go away (unsure if friend is actually confirmed or not)
    - Picture taken on front camera auto-mirrors (an option would be very nice!)
    - Entered mobile number does not save in profile
    - Picture caption banner does not "stick" to the edges like the android app
    - Friends are not organized under headings like the original app (just a styling suggestion)
    - No option to search contacts to see who already have the app
    - Would like an option to have a simple colour palate like the android version

Thank you very much for your work so far, I hope these suggestions are helpful. Cheers
    cbosdell likes this.
    01-09-14 04:36 PM
    Excellent app, thank you so much for your efforts! I just wanted to share the bugs that I have found thus far. I hope I'm not reporting previously posted issues. (Also, these are all on a Z10)

- Friend requests say confirmed but the notification does not go away (unsure if friend is actually confirmed or not)
    - Friends are not organized under headings like the original app (just a styling suggestion)

Thank you very much for your work so far, I hope these suggestions are helpful. Cheers
    Picture taken auto mirrors! I hate this! Please make it an option in settings !

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    cbosdell likes this.
    01-09-14 04:55 PM

Mate, I think the point is that it shouldn't look like the Android version.

Perhaps you mean that your front camera DOESN'T auto-mirror when the picture is taken...or that it is horizontally flipped.

I agree about the caption banner...

The friends category thing is not an awful suggestion.

I think Oliver is still working on making some sort of search feature for BBM contacts or email or phone numbers.
    coloibarra likes this.
    01-09-14 05:00 PM
    Mate, I think the point is that it shouldn't look like the Android version.

Perhaps you mean that your front camera DOESN'T auto-mirror when the picture is taken...or that it is horizontally flipped.

I agree about the caption banner...

The friends category thing is not an awful suggestion.

I think Oliver is still working on making some sort of search feature for BBM contacts or email or phone numbers.
    If you take a pic using the front camera in the android version, the picture taken stays the same and does not alter

If you take a pic with snap2chat using the front camera it will reverse the picture (making me look strange and not symmetrical) haha! I prefer the picture to stay how I took it, not to be mirrored/reversed

Posted via CB10
    01-09-14 05:20 PM
    I just started side loading stuff not sure I want to start making sure I backed stuff up and what not just yet. I have no issues with the current version really. But I was one of few who really loved my storm 2... so...not sure i'll be loading leaked os's...but if I have to wait much longer for updates I will eventually...most likely...start installing leaks.
    I still have my Storm and Storm 2.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-14 06:50 PM
    Official snap2chat - Native snapchat Client for BlackBerry 10 Beta Thread-img_20140109_201059.png

Why does it say the app will expire on Feb 1st?

Posted via CB10
    01-09-14 07:11 PM
    The app is awesome, been using since first beta and the improvements to it have been very impressive. Great work.

Only downside I think is there's too much going on in the left slide tabs, like to much text etc

Posted via CB10
    01-09-14 07:22 PM

Only downside I think is there's too much going on in the left slide tabs, like to much text etc

Posted via CB10
    You could combine friend and best friends in a segmented control.

Same with the stories.

We don't need a camera shortcut there since it is in the title bar on every page.

Official snap2chat - Native snapchat Client for BlackBerry 10 Beta Thread-img_20140109_192854.png

8310 >> 9800 >> Z10 10.2.1.1925 (Forever BlackBerry)
    pttptppt and cbosdell like this.
    01-09-14 07:32 PM

Why does it say the app will expire on Feb 1st?

Posted via CB10
    This is a pre-market beta version, if Nemory ever wants to monetize the app he can't leave all these free beta versions floating around.

01-09-14 07:35 PM
    My title bar goes back to original color when I open up the app again after changing it...it changes the first time but resets the next time I open app
    01-09-14 07:43 PM
    My title bar goes back to original color when I open up the app again after changing it...it changes the first time but resets the next time I open app
    Are you entering the color code manually or choosing a preset option?

Posted with my ?Q10 running 10.2.1.1925.
    01-09-14 07:46 PM
    This is a pre-market beta version, if Nemory ever wants to monetize the app he can't leave all these free beta versions floating around.

Okay, now if someone could explain briefly why a company would allow a third party developer to profit off a service that is "free"
    01-09-14 07:47 PM
    You could combine friend and best friends in a segmented control.

Same with the stories.

We don't need a camera shortcut there since it is in the title bar on every page.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140109_192854.png 
Views:	1086 
Size:	102.5 KB 
ID:	237410

I was thinking the same think. I gave that feedback to Nemory yday. Left tab feels too cluttered.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-14 07:57 PM
    Okay, now if someone could explain briefly why a company would allow a third party developer to profit off a service that is "free"
    Don't worry. Since you posted here. You're covered for the refund cause you're now a beta tester.

if I don't make any money to.this app, this app will not make it to BlackBerry World or not even created this in the first place.

Developing apps are not that really easy and.takes time.and money too.

So if I want to support the app I need to support myself too. That's all.

I love BlackBerry 10 and the platform and want to help close the app gap. That's also why I made this app.

Posted via CB10
    coloibarra likes this.
    01-09-14 07:59 PM
    Don't worry. Since you posted here. You're covered for the refund cause you're now a beta tester.

if I don't make any money to.this app, this app will not make it to BlackBerry World or not even created this in the first place.

I love BlackBerry 10 and the platform and want to help close the app gap. That's also why I made this app.

Posted via CB10
    Nem, you keep finding your way back here...how goes your other project?

Posted with my ?Q10 running 10.2.1.1925.
    01-09-14 08:08 PM

Posted via CB10
    No doubt, i can fully understand that developing is not easy.. i was trying to mess around with some could earlier and it's definitely not easy, i appreciate your dedication to BlackBerry 10 as Snapchat is one of those apps like instagram, vine, netflix, etc. that consumers want. There's an opportunity to fill a need and you did that, prime business model (fill a consumers need).

Also, i've had this app on my phone ever since the initial release.. just been quiet in this thread because i'm sure i'd be repeating a lot of questions..
    01-09-14 08:09 PM
6,941 ... 4849505152 ...