Hows this working for Q10 users also? Is it worse than the actual snapchat bar file?
    12-31-13 11:37 AM
    New beta is great so far. Haven't had any issues yet to speak of but will report back when I have some friends send me videos and the such. Loving the continued improvements of the app! The new icon and splash screen are nice too
    12-31-13 11:38 AM
    How do I install the app?

Posted via CB10
    12-31-13 11:51 AM
    This is cool. Since January 1, 12:00AM, all snaps in the feed say "1 year ago". HAHAH.

BlackBerry Z10 / 10.2.0.1791
    12-31-13 11:51 AM
    Hows this working for Q10 users also? Is it worse than the actual snapchat bar file?
    I can't speak for Q10 users but in general it isn't quite as consistent as the snapchat android port as far as sending or captioning videos.

We still lack the ability to draw.

We cannot see the score or best friends of our contacts.

It's a little more awkward to use the camera.

Other than that this beta app blows snapchat out of the water, plus these issues are soon to be resolved within the next few updates.

We can use captions with the ability to rotate and resize the captions and well as change the font and background color.

We can snap images we have saved on our phones.

We can edit images with the BlackBerry 10 photo editing tool.

I personally don't send video snaps that often so I have switched to snap2chat for all my snapchat needs ( at least until the beta expires. )

8310 >> 9800 >> Z10 10.2.1.1925 (Forever BlackBerry)
    12-31-13 12:42 PM
    Still the 31 here

Posted via CB10
    12-31-13 12:46 PM
    Still the 31 here

Posted via CB10
    Doesn't it just make you feel behind?
    11 hours 8 minutes from where I stand.

12-31-13 12:51 PM
    I have a few security concerns before trying out your app.

1. Why does this app go through your own servers without SSL? Snapchat username, password and auth_token are vulnerable to a man in the middle attack.
    2. Are you logging requests on your server, specifically the POST values in the login request or any GET request including auth_token? Any session could be hijacked by anyone with access to any of your servers (especially a concern if you are on shared hosting)
    3. Any Snapchat action can be done by you by simply using any user's auth_token in the incoming requests to your server. Should we trust you? The main reason to use Snapchat is because of its inherent privacy, and all that goes out the window when going through a 3rd party (and possibly more if there is a man in the middle)

Let me know what you think! I'd really like to try it out, but I do not feel comfortable in its current state.

For the general good and trust of the CrackBerry community, I hope these can all be resolved quickly

Thanks!
    12-31-13 12:53 PM

. . .
    I agree that any security concerns should be addressed.

I personally don't need a high level of security for snapchat as I am not a very important person and don't care all that much if someone other than the intended recipient sees my snap or if someone tries to snap in my name ( you know, as long as nobody gets hurt) But I can see where there are concerns.

If someone is going through the trouble of snooping on our snaps without consent (*cough* NSA? * cough *) I want them to be thoroughly disappointed.

12-31-13 01:04 PM
    I am receiving error:7 while trying to send a snap.
    I've logged out and reset app.
    12-31-13 01:06 PM
    I'm also getting "Error: 7" when attempting to send snaps. I've tried resetting the app and outright reinstalling snap2chat with no luck thus far. Any ideas?
    12-31-13 01:10 PM
    Also getting error: 7 as well as whatever happened here in the shout box. ( My shout and others before mine came out like this)

Server hiccup?

Official snap2chat - Native snapchat Client for BlackBerry 10 Beta Thread-img_20131231_134227.png

12-31-13 01:44 PM
    I log in and it says ive successfully logged in but leaves me at the log in screen....flash still goes off when switching cameras... takes awhile to load friends and my feed... still great work and thank you for supporting blackberry!
    I just dealt with the same issue, resolved it by deleting the app and reinstalling

Posted via my AzzazzinBerry (STL100-3/10.2.1.1925)
    12-31-13 02:02 PM

1. Why does this app go through your own servers without SSL? Snapchat username, password and auth_token are vulnerable to a man in the middle attack.
    2. Are you logging requests on your server, specifically the POST values in the login request or any GET request including auth_token? Any session could be hijacked by anyone with access to any of your servers (especially a concern if you are on shared hosting)
    3. Any Snapchat action can be done by you by simply using any user's auth_token in the incoming requests to your server. Should we trust you? The main reason to use Snapchat is because of its inherent privacy, and all that goes out the window when going through a 3rd party (and possibly more if there is a man in the middle)

Let me know what you think! I'd really like to try it out, but I do not feel comfortable in its current state.

For the general good and trust of the CrackBerry community, I hope these can all be resolved quickly

Thanks!
    Good questions, I was curious just as you are about this.

That said, if anyone is using snapchat (let alone snap2chat) for security purposes... don't.
    QXS likes this.
    12-31-13 03:03 PM
    Getting an error 7 when sending snap

Posted via CB10
    12-31-13 03:15 PM
    Gwtting error 7 when sending snap!!!

Posted via CB10
    12-31-13 05:14 PM
    Hey I get error 7 while trying to send a snap. What causes thats?

Posted via CB10
    12-31-13 05:25 PM
    Nemory is probably sleeping or partying for new years. Let's wait until tom

Posted via CB10
    Nemory Studios likes this.
    12-31-13 05:57 PM
    hmmm cant send a snap chat get a pop up saying it isnt working :/
    12-31-13 09:13 PM

Thanks!
    Hi man. thanks for your concern.

Right now I am using my own host to host the 3rd Party API. So yes all incoming usernames and passwords are coming in and also auth_tokens but it just comes in and it's not saved in any logs or whatever. I do save usernames for use in the shoutbox and extended profile though. but ABSOLUTELY no passwords or auth_tokens are saved anywhere. And YES you can trust me. I am not even a snapchat user when the first time I planned on creating this app, but now i'm a big fan of snapchat. so I will have no intention to do any malicious things to other users. I just wanted to make a 3rd Party Client for BlackBerry 10 since I really want to help the platform grow. I am a BlackBerry Elite and it will be a shame to make any bad things to any BlackBerry users.

But I will try what the Whine Developer suggested earlier to natively use the snapchat API. in that way it will be more faster and better.
    Last edited by NemOry; 12-31-13 at 10:03 PM.
    QXS and meltbox360 like this.
    12-31-13 09:30 PM
    To all getting Error 7 The problem is now fixed!!!! Really sorry for the issue.
    12-31-13 09:37 PM
    Nemory is probably sleeping or partying for new years. Let's wait until tom

Posted via CB10
    you were right man. haha. but I woked up very bad because of people reporting they can't send snaps and I also tried and got the same issue. but now the problem is resolved.
    12-31-13 09:39 PM
    Happy New Years To @NemOry, The MANY Snap2Chat(ERS) :P. AND To The Rest Of The CB World!! Take Care, Keep Safe And God Bless!!

Posted From MY #SwagBerry ALL BLACK BlackBerry Z10! #TeamBlackBerry #BlackBerryGang #BlackBerryFaithful #BlackBerryLoyalty #BB10Swag #Z10
    12-31-13 10:08 PM
    Look at NEM, updating even at this time

you ROCK brutha!!!
    Nemory Studios and coloibarra like this.
    12-31-13 10:25 PM
    Official snap2chat - Native snapchat Client for BlackBerry 10 Beta Thread-img_20131231_223932.png

Anyone else getting this?

On the Q10

Posted via CB10
    12-31-13 10:41 PM
6,941 ... 3031323334 ...