Haven't had a chance to test it out, how does this look on the Q10?

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 07:27 PM
    Looks great on the Q10! I really enjoy the visuals and looks of the app, very modern and cool design.
    12-16-13 08:10 PM
    The latest beta (b7, the new one) if left open borks the camera if anything else attempts to get to it (e.g. BBM) even though it's not in "snap" mode; closing the app resolves it.
    12-16-13 08:16 PM
    Hmm, app development seems to be going pretty fast. Gj nemory! I tried the 3rd party client of snapchat on a windows phone today - 6Snap - and it seems to have captions and drawing working really smoothly. Hopefully you can get those must have features soon within the app!

Love the development speed!
    12-16-13 08:30 PM
    When you have a snap it always says tap to load, i'm ok with that, but when I go for example to friends tab and go back again to the snaps it will ask you again to tap to load.

I prefer if it loads once I open the app and asks me to tap to load when it fails only to load during a slow connection for example.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 08:48 PM
    Hmm, app development seems to be going pretty fast. Gj nemory! I tried the 3rd party client of snapchat on a windows phone today - 6Snap - and it seems to have captions and drawing working really smoothly. Hopefully you can get those must have features soon within the app!

Love the development speed!
    Captions are working in the latest.
    12-16-13 09:03 PM
    Captions are working in the latest.
    Sideloading snap2chat 0.7 when I get home
    12-16-13 11:24 PM
    Can't log in excited to see this develop though!
    12-17-13 12:28 AM
    Double tap to reply doesnt work for me...

Are you gonna bring My Story into this anytime soon?
    12-17-13 01:24 AM
    Ya captions are still simulated I sent a snapchat to all my friends with the picture of Miley Cyrus' head followed by a turkey as her body with the caption "hax" but no one got the caption.

Everytime I minimize the app and I go back to it, the snapping part of the app itself doesn't work at all. Anything I do previews me a black screen. The fix is to restart the app, weird really

Also, the flash function is screwed up, has a mind of its own.
    Last edited by Djlatino; 12-17-13 at 01:46 AM.
    12-17-13 01:25 AM
    Oops perhaps take your pin off that one post because I just messaged you on accident about the 0.7 beta. Sorry!!! Got excited.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 01:53 AM
    Slow response.

When first open snap2chat, the small box for notification shows nothing

I go to the snaps there were two I watched them.

After that the box showed 2 notification and disappear after a while

Official snap2chat - Native snapchat Client for BlackBerry 10 Beta Thread-img_20131490.png

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 06:49 AM
    Know it's beta, but does it work for anyone?
    On my q10, can't take a picture,can't open no snaps either..
    When trying to take a pic, I get just a black background.

Q10 on 10.2.0.424

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 07:00 AM
    Yeah, I just get that syntax error as well. Beautiful looking app though dev! Well done!
    12-17-13 07:33 AM
    Works good for me. Some bugs, but nothing dangerous! Hahaha remember, it's a beta version.

8300 - 8350i - 8900 - 9780 - 9900 - #Z10swagg
    12-17-13 09:35 AM
    I get the syntax error but still logs me in, every time I go into camera mode or change camera selections my flash lights up, and I get the Flash whether its on or off, and its still there on b7 version.

Other than thought, coming along very nice.

Posted via my AzzazzinBerry (STL100-3/10.2.1.1055)
    Last edited by Robbenezer; 12-17-13 at 09:47 AM.
    12-17-13 09:35 AM
    I just started working again now. Looks like the common error Line 1, Column 1 Error now eliminated.
    mithrazor likes this.
    12-17-13 09:42 AM
    Works good for me. Some bugs, but nothing dangerous! Hahaha remember, it's a beta version.

+1
    12-17-13 09:43 AM

Absolutely and I'm sure with the tons of feedback, nemOry is getting it'll just get better and better

Posted via my AzzazzinBerry (STL100-3/10.2.1.1055)
    coloibarra likes this.
    12-17-13 09:49 AM
    Suggestion:
    All buttons directing to browser like Help, Support, etc. Would be nice if opening in-app, not in Browser.

Defects:
    1. Not logged in - if 'Open Camera On App Opened' is enabled, once you fire up the app, it will open the Camera app.
    2. In Camera mode, if you toggle the Flash off, the pop up message appear is 'Flash On'. Vice versa.
    3. In Feeds, when you tap Sorting Options, Sorting Options will appear. Camera icon, Settings icon, etc., it should be not able to open/tap/access. Same with Friends tab - Filter Friends Options. See screenshots below.
    Official snap2chat - Native snapchat Client for BlackBerry 10 Beta Thread-img_20131658.png
    Official snap2chat - Native snapchat Client for BlackBerry 10 Beta Thread-img_20131655.png
    Official snap2chat - Native snapchat Client for BlackBerry 10 Beta Thread-img_20131656.png
    Same also in toggle between tabs.
    4. Error message. I encountered this when not logged in/logged in. Not logged in, because of the Camera app is set to On, once you tap exit/back button, there is a lag. You need to repeat tapping until it close. Once it's closed, the error message appear. You can also wait until the camera will close about less than 30 seconds. Same with taking pictures. See screnshot below.
    Official snap2chat - Native snapchat Client for BlackBerry 10 Beta Thread-img_20131650.png

Posted via CB10 | Keep Moving
    12-17-13 10:03 AM
    Okay...so I got the new Beta and I didn't get around to the testing until now because the new Hobbit and new Hunger Games movies got in the way...BTW: GO WATCH THEM!

So...here is my list of bugs from 0.5 and whether they are fixed or still persisting:

STL100-1 10.2.1.1055:

1. All photos taken in portrait change to landscape when editing section comes around. - Persistent
    2. Photos taken in Landscape work fine

STL100-2 10.2.1.1055:

1. Whenever I open the camera section, the flash is on for about two seconds and goes off. - Persistent but now on both devices

Both devices:

1. Received snaps show up as your own username instead of the user that sent it to you. - Fixed
    2. Sometimes, when sending a Snap, it shows up with my name in the feed as if I was receiving a snap. - Partially fixed...now, the first time I go to my feed after sending the snap; it shows as if I received a snap, but says the destination user's name from me - a few minutes later it SOMETIMES changes the squircle to the arrow - restarting the app fixes this.
    3. Photo Quality is kind of terrible... - Fixed with options for better/worse quality
    4. After taking a photo, it goes back to the photo you've just taken, instead of going back to take a new photo. - Fixed
    5. Autofocus doesn't appear to be working. The only way I could get the focus for something was to select ContinuousMacro. - Fixed
    6. Deleting a friend doesn't remove it from your list. - Fixed
    7. Deleting a BB10 contact on a Z10 still shows as confirmed on other Z10. - Persistent
    8. If deleting each other on both BB10 devices, they both show as deleted, but still in the list. - Fixed
    9. Captions don't seem to show up when viewing the snap from the feed - for that matter, none of the editing shows up...to either BB10 or Android. - Just captions aren't working now
    10. Adding a friend that is also on BB10, doesn't seem to alert him with anything in the app. My name didn't show up in his list. - Persistent
    11. When selecting people to whom I want to send a snap, it always pops up telling me to hold to select multiple people; even though I don't have to. I can just tap each name I want. - Fixed
    12. Rarely, the snap goes straight from "tap to load" to already viewed. - Seems Fixed but now it sometimes just goes straight to viewed, without the "tap to load" section (restarting the app fixed this)
    13. Display Name not updating in friend details. - Persistent
    14. Saving files doesn't seem to work...however, if I launch the OS Picture editor, it automatically saves the file if I make any changes in there. - Saving the file works...but the auto-saving is still happening.
    15. Friend requests automatically show as confirmed from BB10 to BB10 device - Sometimes shows unconfirmed...other times, shows confirmed

Here are the new bugs I found in 0.7:

Both Devices

1. If I have edited a picture with the BB10 picture editor launched from Snap2Chat, the next time I capture a picture; that previous one shows as my picture...but if I continue and send it, the actual photo I meant to send goes through.
    2. Sometimes Super Quality Snaps don't send over Wi-Fi but fine over Cell Network...possibly a server timeout issue since my Wi-Fi upload speed isn't amazing.
    3. Sometimes unable to download Super Snaps, just get told that it was unable to download the Snap - WiFi OR Cell Data.
    4. When trying to re-add a BB10 friend that I've previously deleted, but has me as a friend on his side, it shows up under "Added & Confirmed Friends" still.
    5. When typing a username in the Add section and hitting Enter, it doesn't automatically add that username to your friends list, you actually have to hit the button next to the typing space.
    6. Adding a friend doesn't automatically take you back to the Friends section
    7. After hitting Save File, and saving it, it returns to the preview section with no photo in there...I also can't edit the photo anymore, it just fades out and back in again.
    8. If you take a photo and while in the preview section, close Snap2Chat, the photo stays on your device.
    9. If you edit the picture, like adding the 60's theme to it and hit save, both a copy of the original and the edited one are kept on the phone...even if you don't specifically tell it to save your snap
    10. Videos received are in landscape mode when recorded in Portrait (was from a Samsung GS4)
    11. Don't seem to be able to send decent video files from my libraries - probably also a timeout issue as the file was 8 MB...the other was 3 MB
    12. smaller Video files that DO send, don't seem to show up in my feeds...neither in sent, or received on Z10 or S4.

Those are the bugs I found in my limited time playing with it...
    pttptppt, Djlatino and R Field like this.
    12-17-13 10:11 AM
    Okay...so I got the new Beta and I didn't get around to the testing until now because the new Hobbit and new Hunger Games movies got in the way...BTW: GO WATCH THEM!

So...here is my list of bugs from 0.5 and whether they are fixed or still persisting:

STL100-1 10.2.1.1055:

1. All photos taken in portrait change to landscape when editing section comes around. - Persistent
    2. Photos taken in Landscape work fine

STL100-2 10.2.1.1055:

1. Whenever I open the camera section, the flash is on for about two seconds and goes off. - Persistent but now on both devices

Both devices:

1. Received snaps show up as your own username instead of the user that sent it to you. - Fixed
    2. Sometimes, when sending a Snap, it shows up with my name in the feed as if I was receiving a snap. - Partially fixed...now, the first time I go to my feed after sending the snap; it shows as if I received a snap, but says the destination user's name from me - a few minutes later it SOMETIMES changes the squircle to the arrow - restarting the app fixes this.
    3. Photo Quality is kind of terrible... - Fixed with options for better/worse quality
    4. After taking a photo, it goes back to the photo you've just taken, instead of going back to take a new photo. - Fixed
    5. Autofocus doesn't appear to be working. The only way I could get the focus for something was to select ContinuousMacro. - Fixed
    6. Deleting a friend doesn't remove it from your list. - Fixed
    7. Deleting a BB10 contact on a Z10 still shows as confirmed on other Z10. - Persistent
    8. If deleting each other on both BB10 devices, they both show as deleted, but still in the list. - Fixed
    9. Captions don't seem to show up when viewing the snap from the feed - for that matter, none of the editing shows up...to either BB10 or Android. - Just captions aren't working now
    10. Adding a friend that is also on BB10, doesn't seem to alert him with anything in the app. My name didn't show up in his list. - Persistent
    11. When selecting people to whom I want to send a snap, it always pops up telling me to hold to select multiple people; even though I don't have to. I can just tap each name I want. - Fixed
    12. Rarely, the snap goes straight from "tap to load" to already viewed. - Seems Fixed but now it sometimes just goes straight to viewed, without the "tap to load" section (restarting the app fixed this)
    13. Display Name not updating in friend details. - Persistent
    14. Saving files doesn't seem to work...however, if I launch the OS Picture editor, it automatically saves the file if I make any changes in there. - Saving the file works...but the auto-saving is still happening.
    15. Friend requests automatically show as confirmed from BB10 to BB10 device - Sometimes shows unconfirmed...other times, shows confirmed

Here are the new bugs I found in 0.7:

Both Devices

1. If I have edited a picture with the BB10 picture editor launched from Snap2Chat, the next time I capture a picture; that previous one shows as my picture...but if I continue and send it, the actual photo I meant to send goes through.
    2. Sometimes Super Quality Snaps don't send over Wi-Fi but fine over Cell Network...possibly a server timeout issue since my Wi-Fi upload speed isn't amazing.
    3. Sometimes unable to download Super Snaps, just get told that it was unable to download the Snap - WiFi OR Cell Data.
    4. When trying to re-add a BB10 friend that I've previously deleted, but has me as a friend on his side, it shows up under "Added & Confirmed Friends" still.
    5. When typing a username in the Add section and hitting Enter, it doesn't automatically add that username to your friends list, you actually have to hit the button next to the typing space.
    6. Adding a friend doesn't automatically take you back to the Friends section
    7. After hitting Save File, and saving it, it returns to the preview section with no photo in there...I also can't edit the photo anymore, it just fades out and back in again.
    8. If you take a photo and while in the preview section, close Snap2Chat, the photo stays on your device.
    9. If you edit the picture, like adding the 60's theme to it and hit save, both a copy of the original and the edited one are kept on the phone...even if you don't specifically tell it to save your snap
    10. Videos received are in landscape mode when recorded in Portrait (was from a Samsung GS4)
    11. Don't seem to be able to send decent video files from my libraries - probably also a timeout issue as the file was 8 MB...the other was 3 MB
    12. smaller Video files that DO send, don't seem to show up in my feeds...neither in sent, or received on Z10 or S4.

Those are the bugs I found in my limited time playing with it...
    Thanks man. I've been meaning to write out something like this I appreciate it

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 10:15 AM
    It's not only you. I have now fixed it. Stay tuned for the next update. I am now working very hard to fix issues.
    The importing pictures idea works for me (as said up there) that would make this snapchat client better then the original :P

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 10:17 AM
    Thanks man. I've been meaning to write out something like this I appreciate it

Posted via CB10
    Haha cool, man. Oliver asked me to put it in here. Maybe he will just put the bugs on the OP so people don't need to scrounge the thread for the info. :-P *hint, hint* NemOry.

Mmm...CB10! Just the tip though...
    kb1234 likes this.
    12-17-13 10:23 AM
    Would be cool if you could add more than one caption bar to the image.. can actually say something without running out of space. The JB Iphones have this feature

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 10:59 AM
6,941 ... 678910 ...