Hmmmm could tmyou try again please? If it still rotates? Try shooting in landscape or portrait? Also tey shooting when orientation is locked or not? Thanks man

Posted via CB10
    I tried both orientations and no matter what orientation I take the picture in, it gets rotated. I tried both locked and unlocked.

You can see how it looks like in the screenshots:

Official snap2chat - Native snapchat Client for BlackBerry 10 Beta Thread-img_00000803.pngOfficial snap2chat - Native snapchat Client for BlackBerry 10 Beta Thread-img_00000806.png
    12-15-13 08:41 AM
    I've downloaded the file and extracting the folder, but I'm unsure in terms of how to install it. I understand I have to sideload it, but I cannot see a .Bar file anywhere to sideload with :/
    Use Chrome to download it. IE downs it as a Zip file nor a BAR file.
    12-15-13 08:51 AM
    i know sending videos has not been implemented, but when recieveing a video, is it possible to watch that video snap? or even viewing video snaps is not implemented?
    12-15-13 09:03 AM
    Some things I've noticed when using the app:

- When I take a snap the picture is always rotated.
    - In the settings I've added my email and clicked on save, and then confirmed it which is great. But now every time I change something in settings or even advanced settings and click save I get an email to confirm my email again, is there a way to remove that when you've already verified your email once.
    - The Set Display Name, is still not working. I've tried it on a couple of my contacts but there display names haven't changed.
    - When you send a snap, the application is supposed to go back to the feed, not the picture you sent.
    - When you view a snap, the bottom bar stays there which overlays the bottom part of the pic. So can you make it that when you view a snap the bottom bar hides.
    - In the My friends tab, when I press on the Add a friend icon on the top right, A new page with "Added & Confirmed Friends" shows. My added friends show but there display names don't, it just shows confirmed with a check mark. "This is for both dark and light themes"

and like rajbir01 said:
    +1, these are pretty much the major features that need to be addressed along with video snaps... otherwise, this brilliant!!!

oh and when selecting colour of header, a colour pallete should show rather than the number code
    12-15-13 09:05 AM
    How you download apps snap2chat!?!?

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 09:21 AM
    i know sending videos has not been implemented, but when recieveing a video, is it possible to watch that video snap? or even viewing video snaps is not implemented?
    I'm sure I in the next release viewing of videos will be implemented and also sending videos but not sure about the pause and continue yet

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 09:26 AM
    I tried both orientations and no matter what orientation I take the picture in, it gets rotated. I tried both locked and unlocked.

You can see how it looks like in the screenshots:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000803.png 
Views:	1496 
Size:	893.2 KB 
ID:	230126Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000806.png 
Views:	1493 
Size:	187.3 KB 
ID:	230127
    It's a very big bug I have to fix. Thank you so much man.. I hope to fix all.bugs to all.devices. But I only have a z10 and a dev alpha c. I wish I have the z30 too

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 09:28 AM
    so if a video snap is sent, do we see it as a snap sent but cant open it, or does it not push to the device at all? thanks man!
    12-15-13 09:33 AM
    Fantastic, fantastic first attempt at a public beta. You can tell a lot of hard work has been put into this. Bravo!

Just a couple of notes I've found so far

1.) Sometimes the camera doesn't focus right away when you pull up the snap chat interface. I have to switch cameras, then back again and then it's ok.

2.) When I apply the editor and modify the snaps, my recipients get only the unmodified version - not all the filters I've applied to the image.

To note, I'm using a z10 running 10.2 and sent snap chats to another sideloaded z10/10.2 and an ipod touch v5.0/iOS7- both successfully

That's it for now. Keep up the good work and if I find anything else, I'll report out.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks a lot man. I am with your suggestions. also will look at the editor bug. But did you pressed save in the editor??

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 09:35 AM
    so if a video snap is sent, do we see it as a snap sent but cant open it, or does it not push to the device at all? thanks man!
    I can make it save to your device. But would need to be as a in app purchase option..not yet really sure. But you can view it as normal.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 09:36 AM
    Only issue that i've noticed and hasn't been said, Is that the filter and caption didn't seem to work when I sent the snap to myself on my z10. The picture was unedited when i opened it.

I also feel that navigating in the app is kind of odd, compared to the original snap chat. But, that can be fixed another time.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 09:56 AM
    By any chance can you put in more drawing tools then the official application? That would be cool if you can press a button and Microsoft paint type features pop up. Spray can, lines with different thickness', shapes, bigger selection of colours. For Q5/Q10 make keyboard short cuts like "s" for spray can if not typing on the picture
    12-15-13 09:58 AM
    How you download apps snap2chat!?!?

Posted via CB10
    Here you go saraah. Was posted in OP. Good luck!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...tBeta_v0.5.bar
    12-15-13 09:59 AM
    I got this problem while trying to send a snap, it won't find any friend I have and keep loading . I'm on a Blackberry Q10 SQN100-3.

Also if you try to take a photo right after you open the camera app it will not load the camera and show this message.
    Otherwise the app is really smooth and great. I'm looking forward to have all the features ! Good work man.

Attachment 230144
    Attachment 230146
    Last edited by afuri; 12-15-13 at 10:19 AM.
    12-15-13 10:06 AM
    Like Khehl said. This version of snapchat should be at least equal to or greater than the official snapchat app.
    For example, I can only do simple original features on my snaps but one of my friends has a jail broken iPhone and he can do all kinds of crazy things to his snaps.
    Some features he has includes:
    The ability to send files saved to device
    Different font for text
    Wider array of colors and effects
    There's a few more that he has but I haven't really looked into to it all that much

It be neat if a huge array of editing features were added so people with I5s's and Androids get a lil jelous of our puny berry's

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 10:22 AM
    Official snap2chat - Native snapchat Client for BlackBerry 10 Beta Thread-img_00000092.png

Looking good

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 10:30 AM
    Like Khehl said. This version of snapchat should be at least equal to or greater than the official snapchat app.
    For example, I can only do simple original features on my snaps but one of my friends has a jail broken iPhone and he can do all kinds of crazy things to his snaps.
    Some features he has includes:
    The ability to send files saved to device
    Different font for text
    Wider array of colors and effects
    There's a few more that he has but I haven't really looked into to it all that much

It be neat if a huge array of editing features were added so people with I5s's and Androids get a lil jelous of our puny berry's

Posted via CB10
    I will allow sending of snaps from external memory. Then use whatever photo editing tools you like and send them more beautiful snaps and they should be more jealous haha.
    12-15-13 10:38 AM
    Does this give notifications of new snaps?
    12-15-13 10:39 AM
    So many bugs...it needs a good work around! but i really appreciate this app coming to BB10

Posted via Ferrari Red Z10/STL 100-2 "Developer's edition" OS 10.2.1.XXXX
    12-15-13 10:45 AM
    I will allow sending of snaps from external memory. Then use whatever photo editing tools you like and send them more beautiful snaps and they should be more jealous haha.
    Sounds good man! That's actually my favorite feature of the whole

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 10:50 AM
    Thanks a lot man. I am with your suggestions. also will look at the editor bug. But did you pressed save in the editor??

Posted via CB10
    Yes, I've saved it out of the editor each time. Am I the only one having this issue?

Also, I've noticed that if I send a snap chat to myself, it is not always repeatable when trying to view it. Occasionally when I press and hold it, it comes up with unedited image, most times it doesn't invoke and just now a blank screen came up with only the countdown timer...

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 11:03 AM
    By any chance can you put in more drawing tools then the official application? That would be cool if you can press a button and Microsoft paint type features pop up. Spray can, lines with different thickness', shapes, bigger selection of colours. For Q5/Q10 make keyboard short cuts like "s" for spray can if not typing on the picture
    I am not an expert in editing images like drawing and really no experience doing it yet, So I can't promise to make a drawing stuff or editing stuff that works very good. But I would want to integrate 3rd party editing applications.
    12-15-13 11:10 AM
    Yes, I've saved it out of the editor each time. Am I the only one having this issue?

Also, I've noticed that if I send a snap chat to myself, it is not always repeatable when trying to view it. Occasionally when I press and hold it, it comes up with unedited image, most times it doesn't invoke and just now a blank screen came up with only the countdown timer...

Posted via CB10
    It's not only you. I have now fixed it. Stay tuned for the next update. I am now working very hard to fix issues.
    lynxs_claw likes this.
    12-15-13 11:13 AM
    Do I have to create a new account or I can use my snapchat username and password?

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 11:25 AM
    Do I have to create a new account or I can use my snapchat username and password?

Posted via CB10
    Use your existing account.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 11:39 AM
6,941 12345 ...