Yet another new Snapchat feature. The android app was updated today.

Snapchat's photo-sharing live feed is finally ready for the masses
    Damn.....new features keep coming
    08-29-14 05:50 PM
    Yea, but the point is that we paid for something that should be up on BlackBerry World or we should be refunded. The money isn't the issue, it's all about the principle. It's like you buy a car, then you take it into the dealership for service and they won't give it back to you. So yes, in principle we should all be refunded since we can't have it.
    drfever, apodkos and anon(5906760) like this.
    08-29-14 06:09 PM
    Yea, but the point is that we paid for something that should be up on BlackBerry World or we should be refunded. The money isn't the issue, it's all about the principle. It's like you buy a car, then you take it into the dealership for service and they won't give it back to you. So yes, in principle we should all be refunded since we can't have it.
    U make no sense bro...

Posted via CB10
    WWBlondieDo likes this.
    08-29-14 06:23 PM
    I believe he said that anyone who paid and is seeking a refund will get one. I paid and donated and won't be asking for one. What happened was not his fault and I went in knowing full well that it could be pulled at any time. I applaud him for his work and for making a app for BlackBerry. I do hope things work out, I would love to see Snap2Chat come back with regular updates. But if not, I look forward to see what else he has in store for us BlackBerry users

Posted via CB10
    Sally Mack and bibbula like this.
    08-29-14 06:24 PM
    So, even if you have the bar file for 3.1.1.1, are we saying we're 100% kaput? In other words, for now, we must use the Android version and live without the notifications? Maximum crapola if we have to.
    08-29-14 06:39 PM
    I'm not sure your example holds water. Yes, you did pay for something that should be in BlackBerry World. I don't think there's a person here who doesn't think this app should be in app world. The only people who do think it shouldn't be there is snapchat. There was inherent risk in developing this app and modifying the api of snapchat and putting it to market, a risk taken not only by the developer to do it but by the consumer in buying it. It's less like buying a car from a dealership and more like buying one from a person who didn't have the title to sell it in the first place. Best intentions aside it's still buyer beware and let's all hope it works out. Now that it's gone he's offering refunds, so go get it if you want it.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    bibbula likes this.
    08-29-14 06:41 PM
    So, even if you have the bar file for 3.1.1.1, are we saying we're 100% kaput? In other words, for now, we must use the Android version and live without the notifications? Maximum crapola if we have to.
    Not sure what you're asking, but the app will still work all the same if you have it installed.
    08-29-14 06:44 PM
    Not sure what you're asking, but the app will still work all the same if you have it installed.
    I installed it on 10.3.0.1052 but I need to register (since I didn't have it before). When I do, a message pops up that basically says "borrow a friend's iPhone or Android and use that to register". Any ideas? And thanks for your reply and help.
    08-29-14 06:49 PM
    All who wants a refund can contact me but remember I will block you from using it. No more snap2chat even if you change phones or whatever I can do that. So yeah. Your decision. Thanks all

Posted via CB10
    WWBlondieDo likes this.
    08-29-14 07:00 PM
    I thank you all who understands what happened and everything I really appreciate and those who donated and helped me shape the app.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 07:02 PM
    I agree 100%. The app gets pulled but free bar files are floating around plus the decision to put it in Beta world for free. It's not good business.

I've asked for a refund. Let's see what happens. Receipt for purchase made days before it was pulled was attached to the email so there should be no excuse.

Posted from my Z30 on CB10
    Just send me an email with subject refund so I know. I'll block you though just be aware. The app is always free for all. It's even mentioned always in crackberry when they blog it. That if you want free pro version. The bar Is available. I will make no excuse refunding. Just be sure you're done with the app because you will not be able to run it anymore. Let me know. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 07:08 PM
    This app just got better and better every week until it was released on BBW and the Pro version. I paid for the Pro in BBW and felt that ever since then we got ditched by the developer. He moved onto other apps and support wasn't being given as often with bugs.

Very upset. It could have been such a good app with a couple more updates.
    They do not want me to play anymore with the api because they don't allow me. That's why I can't bring no more updates. Don't like it? I can refund and you will be blocked. Problem solved. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 07:09 PM
    All who wants a refund can contact me but remember I will block you from using it. No more snap2chat even if you change phones or whatever I can do that. So yeah. Your decision. Thanks all

Posted via CB10
    That's bad business my friend.

I think anyone who asks for a refund should get that refund but not be blocked from using the now "free" versions floating around.

Just my opinion but blocking potential customers of your future apps is not good.

Rule of business... on average a happy customer will tell 2-3 people about their experience. An unhappy consumer is likely to share their experience with 12-13 people.

The good business decision would be to simply refund all such requests and leave it be. Just like you have a point, so does the customer requesting a refund have a point. At the end of the day it's not the money for most. It's the principal.

apodkos, rai187, DiJu519 and 1 others like this.
    08-29-14 07:11 PM
    Couldn't agree with you more. Paid for a full featured bug free snapchat which is what I didn't get (I am talking pre video and chat services - I don't care about those).

Posted via CB10 on the Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3175
    Why am I still seeing you here? Send me an email for a refund so the problem will be solved. I have never mentioned that it's bug free. Full featured before that I thought I could bring other features but was wrong as Snapchat update the api with ssl.. let me block you and don't come back here. Much better

Posted via CB10
    Swave514 likes this.
    08-29-14 07:13 PM
    That's bad business my friend.

I think anyone who asks for a refund should get that refund hut not be blocked from using the now "free" version.

Just my opinion but blocking potential customers of your future apps is not good.

Rule of business... on average a happy customer will tell 2-3 people about their experience. An unhappy consumer is likely to share their experience with 12-13 people.

The good business decision would be to simply refund all such requests and leave it be. Just like you have a point, so does the customer requesting a refund have a point. At the end of the day it's not the money for most. It's the principal.

Man I'm not talking about any good business here. Never. I just tried my best to make people happy as well as support myself and the app. And I don't care those rules you're talking about. I have no **** idea about business stuff I'm a programmer and I don't have assistants for business stuff so much better talk to me about programming only. Go send me email and I'll block you and don't come back here. Problem solved and I will be very happy.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 07:15 PM
    Yes I will. Point being, there are work arounds like changing the name, opening flash screen etc. There are so many duplicate functioning apps out there.

These app purchases add up. I don't mean to sound cheap but when you spend your money on things you want what you pay for.

Not only are apps I buy that turn out to be junk annoying, or situations like this, I think everyone agrees that even though it's not the developers fault, the rightful thing to do is to issue a refund. Aside from instant push notifications (really the only reason I paid for the BlackBerry version) the free Android version works just fine.

So I do feel ripped in a way. It's only fair wouldn't you agree? ESPECIALLY When the bar for the paid version is now floating around for FREE and the app we paid for was pulled and won't be supported anymore. It's just not good business.

The bar file has been floating for so long. Sorry your fault not floating around so you know. I don't rip people. So if you feel ripped off. Let me refund and block you alright?

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 07:19 PM
    Man I'm not talking about any good business here. Never. I just tried my best to make people happy as well as support myself and the app. And I don't care those rules you're talking about. I have no **** idea about business stuff I'm a programmer and I don't have assistants for business stuff so much better talk to me about programming only. Go send me email and I'll block you and don't come back here. Problem solved and I will be very happy.

Posted via CB10
    Respectfully you are missing the point. The app was pulled days after some people purchased the pro version. What's wrong with understanding that point and just being honorable about it?

08-29-14 07:21 PM
    I understand but don't you see I'm offering them how to reinstall it again? And offering refund? What's wrong with that? Somethings wrong offering refunds? It's fair to block when you asked refund. Just like you buy a phone you don't like it, they give your money back and you give you phone back. Don't you return your phone back?

Posted via CB10
    I have to agree with Nemory here. If he can make it so you can still use it, then isn't that enough? The bar is still available, works as it basically should, and if not for the problem with Snapchat, none of us would know anything was amiss. Just my opinion, but he has been pretty decent throughout the whole ordeal.
    Swave514 and WWBlondieDo like this.
    08-29-14 07:47 PM
    I understand but don't you see I'm offering them how to reinstall it again? And offering refund? What's wrong with that? Somethings wrong offering refunds? It's fair to block when you asked refund. Just like you buy a phone you don't like it, they give your money back and you give you phone back. Don't you return your phone back?

Posted via CB10
    With respect, offering a refund on the condition you are blocked is being spiteful especially since the app can be had for free now. THAT is the issue. I'm sorry you are missing the point.

DiJu519 likes this.
    08-29-14 07:50 PM
    With respect, offering a refund on the condition you are blocked is being spiteful especially since the app can be had for free now. THAT is the issue. I'm sorry you are missing the point.

Then the problem was yours for paying for it to begin with.

You should have just taken the free version. And never paid. So if it was pulled, no big deal.

We paid because we wanted to support the app and the developer. We could have ALWAYS gotten it for free.

We CHOSE to pay, as did you.

Again, if you're pissed, sad day for you. Get your refund and stop using the app.

OR, use the app. It's up there for free, the exact thing you paid for.

I understand why you're pissed. It's just a stupid reason.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 07:53 PM

If you honestly can't afford to part with $0.99 or whatever you paid for it, then you need financial counselling. The money you paid made s2c the app that it is today. Not the version that it was 6 months ago. Nemory took personal time out of his life to make an app. You paid for that app. You choose to use the pro version and not the free version. If it was a monthly service charge to use s2c then a refund would make sense. When a phone reaches eol there's nothing you can do, you don't get a refund for the phone or anymore updates for the OS. S2c reached eol so appreciate the version of that app that it is now, and not what it was before BlackBerry allowed it in bbw

Posted via CB10
    WWBlondieDo and bibbula like this.
    08-29-14 08:08 PM
    If you honestly can't afford to part with $0.99 or whatever you paid for it, then you need financial counselling. The money you paid made s2c the app that it is today. Not the version that it was 6 months ago. Nemory took personal time out of his life to make an app. You paid for that app. You choose to use the pro version and not the free version. If it was a monthly service charge to use s2c then a refund would make sense. When a phone reaches eol there's nothing you can do, you don't get a refund for the phone or anymore updates for the OS. S2c reached eol so appreciate the version of that app that it is now, and not what it was before BlackBerry allowed it in bbw

Posted via CB10
    Missing the point.

I've said my piece. I'm not going to go in circles.

08-29-14 08:32 PM
    Just so you guys know when you ask for a refund, BBW also blocks you from using the app just FYI.

Posted via CB10
    WWBlondieDo and bibbula like this.
    08-29-14 08:48 PM
    Just so you guys know when you ask for a refund, BBW also blocks you from using the app just FYI.

Posted via CB10
    Absolutely. Not just that I'll block them too

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 08:49 PM
    I don't think he even has to give refunds. Did you sign an agreement that states that there will be a refund if the app gets pulled by SnapChat Inc.? Or even anything about a refund, no you didn't. He doesn't have to give one but is willing to. So stop whining over the $.99 or $1.99. I'm assuming your whining if that expense is making u go broke and your life miserable.

Posted via CB10
    WWBlondieDo likes this.
    08-29-14 08:49 PM
6,941 ... 268269270271272 ...