Good answer! Sucks though.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, if it was possible you could just use snap2chat as notifications and use the regular snapchat for everything else. There might be a work-around for it but it would probably take more work than its worth.

Hopefully snapchat will push an update that gets the notifications working. Clash of clans has notifications, so it obviously is possible for them to implement them.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 11:06 AM
    Just got the notification on s2c. Does this mean it has reached its EOL? No more updates?

Posted via CB10
    08-27-14 06:41 PM
    How do we download the app from BlackBerry Beta Zone? It doesn't show up.
    08-27-14 08:15 PM
    How do we download the app from BlackBerry Beta Zone? It doesn't show up.
    Same here! Some help please...
    08-28-14 03:54 AM
    Cheers

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 04:10 AM
    EOL it seems, unless snapchat let's it remain

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 08:06 AM
    This app just got better and better every week until it was released on BBW and the Pro version. I paid for the Pro in BBW and felt that ever since then we got ditched by the developer. He moved onto other apps and support wasn't being given as often with bugs.

Very upset. It could have been such a good app with a couple more updates.
    apodkos, rai187, _Aether and 1 others like this.
    08-28-14 09:59 AM
    Can it not just be updated over the crackberry forums, and the bar posted here until Snapchat agree to let it back on blackberry world?
    08-28-14 10:12 AM
    This app just got better and better every week until it was released on BBW and the Pro version. I paid for the Pro in BBW and felt that ever since then we got ditched by the developer. He moved onto other apps and support wasn't being given as often with bugs.

I agree with this, I did the same

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 10:15 AM
    You guys have a right to feel that way. I think that you should also remember that we're still talking about one guy developing this by himself and after people paid their $1.99 (but probably the intro $0.99) any additional income he would be getting stops. The dev still has to make some money to make working on this app worth all the time and energy it takes to do something like this and I don't know how many people ran to donate him a few dollars through PayPal after making their purchase of the Pro version, not to mention the fact that he made the Pro version available for free as a BAR file on post 1 for people who were willing to sideload. We've seen the independent developers get screwed by depending on donations for their hard work- just check in with what went down with Whine. That means he has to develop some new apps to make a little income and keep his mind fresh instead of staring at the same app and the same code in perpetuity for no gains. It's not unreasonable for him to develop other things and to try to make a little money for his ability. What is unreasonable, to me anyway, is snapchat's refusal to develop in the first place that got us to this point. They have every right to shut the door on the monetizing of this project but it seems obvious that there is a dedicated user base here that they feel totally justified turning their backs on. That's where the problem is and always has been, and it's not just with snapchat/snap2chat either. It's a common theme, one which we can somewhat work through with some apks not losing functionality even though there is no native version made by that company (see Instagram), but not all (snapchat with the picture quality similar to taking a shot through a lens covered in petroleum jelly and no videos unless you're running 10.3).
    WWBlondieDo likes this.
    08-28-14 11:11 AM
    And for those of you not familiar with Whine and the donation method I'll share this post. Sorry for crossing the threads here but it's a perfect example from another hard working independent solo developer.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...l#post10300362
    Sally Mack and JAS0NB0URNE like this.
    08-28-14 11:29 AM

Couldn't agree with you more. Paid for a full featured bug free snapchat which is what I didn't get (I am talking pre video and chat services - I don't care about those).

Posted via CB10 on the Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3175
    Last edited by rai187; 08-28-14 at 04:07 PM.
    _Aether likes this.
    08-28-14 01:25 PM
    I agree, I know that all my friends that paid for it and don't know how to sideload and don't want to join the beta program are pretty disappointed. (at least 4 of my friends purchased the app)

It's too bad he wasn't able to change the name and logo and upload the app again. I was hoping 10.3 would allow him to fix the video orientation as well as the other issues.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 03:15 PM
    Any reason why he wasn't able to just change the name and logo then reupload it?

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 04:04 PM
    But there are no headless notifications, which defeats the whole purpose of the thing for me...

VZW STL 100-4 currently running 10.3.0.1052
    My biggest pet peeve with BlackBerry 10 and their whole "Android Compatible " thing. Compatible doesn't mean functional.

If this is the direction BlackBerry is taking then at the very least make sure that apps are fully FUNCTIONAL not just compatible.

BlackBerry... find us full functionality which includes headless notifications if the Android version has it and all push notifications for Android apps that have push notifications as part of their programming.

Tired of half baked work arounds and having to 'settle' for half working apps.

Sorry I got off topic but every time I see reference to notifications and Android I go off on my little rants on the subject.

Posted from my Z30 on CB10
    08-28-14 10:58 PM
    It's not the developer who pulled the app but the company so feel free to ask for a refund from nemory if you feel that you got ripped off...

Posted via CB10
    Yes I will. Point being, there are work arounds like changing the name, opening flash screen etc. There are so many duplicate functioning apps out there.

These app purchases add up. I don't mean to sound cheap but when you spend your money on things you want what you pay for.

Not only are apps I buy that turn out to be junk annoying, or situations like this, I think everyone agrees that even though it's not the developers fault, the rightful thing to do is to issue a refund. Aside from instant push notifications (really the only reason I paid for the BlackBerry version) the free Android version works just fine.

So I do feel ripped in a way. It's only fair wouldn't you agree? ESPECIALLY When the bar for the paid version is now floating around for FREE and the app we paid for was pulled and won't be supported anymore. It's just not good business.

Last edited by drfever; 08-28-14 at 11:31 PM.
    apodkos likes this.
    08-28-14 11:05 PM
    I'm also not seeing it in Beta World anymore. Has it been completely removed? I paid for the Pro and despite the bugs, loved the headless notification. It sucks that Snapchat won't give us BlackBerry users an official app or allow someone to create one without all this BS. I hope that this can still work out somehow.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 11:26 PM

I agree 100%. The app gets pulled but free bar files are floating around plus the decision to put it in Beta world for free. It's not good business.

I've asked for a refund. Let's see what happens. Receipt for purchase made days before it was pulled was attached to the email so there should be no excuse.

08-28-14 11:33 PM
    I agree, I know that all my friends that paid for it and don't know how to sideload and don't want to join the beta program are pretty disappointed. (at least 4 of my friends purchased the app)

It's too bad he wasn't able to change the name and logo and upload the app again. I was hoping 10.3 would allow him to fix the video orientation as well as the other issues.

Posted via CB10
    No reason why things can't be changed to make it available again. As previously mentioned the $1.99 wasn't for a bug free version and although I am NOT making accusations, who knows when the notice letter was sent to him and how long he continued to profit from the app before pulling it.

Making it available for free upsets me the most after paying for it. Like I've already said in other posts, these small purchases add up and the truth is, it's the point that matters, not the amount involved.

08-28-14 11:38 PM
    My biggest pet peeve with BlackBerry 10 and their whole "Android Compatible " thing. Compatible doesn't mean functional.

If this is the direction BlackBerry is taking then at the very least make sure that apps are fully FUNCTIONAL not just compatible.

BlackBerry... find us full functionality which includes headless notifications if the Android version has it and all push notifications for Android apps that have push notifications as part of their programming.

Tired of half baked work arounds and having to 'settle' for half working apps.

Sorry I got off topic but every time I see reference to notifications and Android I go off on my little rants on the subject.

These are basically the only reasons I've been considering switching to a new iPhone once my blackberry dies. If BlackBerry is able to make their OS fully functional before my Z10 dies it might be a different story.

I'm hoping that the official release of 10.3 (which I think should be 10.3.1 for all phones this fall?) will be fully functional. Then I won't even have to deal with the buggy, unreliable native apps.

Don't get me wrong. I loved Snap2Chat while it lasted. But it didn't last very long

Posted via CB10
    drfever likes this.
    08-29-14 12:00 AM
    Stop accusing the developer people.. this app was free from the first minute and he asked people to feel free to download the bar file which is the pro version. And he asked that if people want to donate him a few bucks then they can pay for the app in the appstore. Pulling the app from the store wasn't his fault so back off his back for a second. Although I can't disagree on the point that the app didn't get the full attention from nemory as he started many other apps. But agian stop ur accusations and start being rational...

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 03:47 AM
    I agree 100%. The app gets pulled but free bar files are floating around plus the decision to put it in Beta world for free. It's not good business.

I've asked for a refund. Let's see what happens. Receipt for purchase made days before it was pulled was attached to the email so there should be no excuse.

Maybe it's not good business to offer the BAR file free. There were so many people saying they couldn't pay for the app he wanted to do what he could to get the app in the hands of as many people who wanted it and that still wasn't enough, excuse him for trying to give the community EXACTLY what they asked for.

If you asked for a refund you'll get it. He mentioned months ago when people really started getting cranky in here that if they didn't like the app he would refund them and block them from using his apps. Problem solved.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    08-29-14 06:50 AM
    The bar was always available for free. This isn't a new thing

He offers the app for free and nobody donates (see: whine). You guys pay 2 bucks, then you become entitled brats, even though the app being pulled is largely out of his control.

You decided to buy the app knowing it didn't have snapchat's blessing. This was always a risk.

He could try to rebrand, but the legal letter also made reference to his unauthorized use of their api's. Or better yet, he could rebrand, continue developing it, have it pulled again, then have even more backlash from you guys.

Get a grip. Or better yet, go buy an android and keep your irrational thought on those forums.
    It's probably safe to assume that the people who have the most patience here are most likely the people who donated and gave more than just the $2 BlackBerry World purchase, right? Not to mention they probably bought the pro version as well just to show even more support. They've put the most money in the app, maybe 5x or more than the cost in BlackBerry World in some cases, had the most invested in the success of the app behind the developer, and I bet they're all still the ones supporting him now.

Seriously, imagine the responses in here if he re-branded and resubmitted the app like people are asking and had to pull it again. Forget the fact that snapchat would probably go at him hard for violating the order to remove the app and for using and altering their api without their consent.

Sally is right. This was always a risk from day one. He took it to try to be good to the community. Sorry if you're not happy. Take your $2 and check out of this thread, you'll be happier and so will the rest of us.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    CMcRob and WWBlondieDo like this.
    08-29-14 07:20 AM
    I paid for the app. Absolutely gutted for NemOry that it's been pulled. Won't for a second ask for any money back though because he's a great developer and it's guys like Nem that will keep me considering to keep a blackberry as my next upgrade.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 04:56 PM
    Yet another new Snapchat feature. The android app was updated today.

http://www.engadget.com/2014/08/29/snapchat-our-story/
    08-29-14 05:14 PM
6,941 ... 267268269270271 ...