Um..... I think on Beta Zone, I got kicked off the Snap2Chat....why?

Posted via CB10
    06-30-14 01:51 PM

Posted via CB10
    You didn't but NemOry would need to increase the number of beta testers if you want to be able to see it again.
    06-30-14 02:29 PM
    Text over videos for the win!

Posted via CB10
    blackguy07 likes this.
    07-01-14 01:22 AM
    It's a check so you can't send videos up 1mb because it will just fail to send. Snapchat only allows 1mb and below videos

Posted via CB10
    So then you should make the app automatically stop recording right before the 1mb limit, instead of warning the user of the error and having to re-record the video.

Posted via CB10
    rai187 likes this.
    07-01-14 01:47 AM
    You didn't but NemOry would need to increase the number of beta testers if you want to be able to see it again.
    But I was in it before!!!

Posted via CB10
    07-01-14 02:13 AM
    I'm totally fine with getting used to having to record nine second videos to avoid the error message and having to record again, but I'm sure thousands of the buyers that don't visit this thread wouldn't be, and I think that's what Nem should be appealing to.

These kinds major bugs shouldn't be out for too long, whether it's a beta or the actual BlackBerry World submition, because it's hard to get back users who decide that the app isn't what they thought it would be. So Nem, I'm not whining or forcing you to do this, but maybe you should rush the problems like these that can occur in completely regular usage before people decide that it's unusable and delete the app, never trying to touch it again.

Any progress in fixing that bug? And maybe the other bug that some of us are experiencing wherein snaps are unable to send under certain circumstances?

BlackBerry Z10 | 10.3.0.296 /// 7AA0A56F
    07-01-14 02:15 AM
    I'm totally fine with getting used to having to record nine second videos to avoid the error message and having to record again, but I'm sure thousands of the buyers that don't visit this thread wouldn't be, and I think that's what Nem should be appealing to.

These kinds major bugs shouldn't be out for too long, whether it's a beta or the actual BlackBerry World submition, because it's hard to get back users who decide that the app isn't what they thought it would be. So Nem, I'm not whining or forcing you to do this, but maybe you should rush the problems like these that can occur in completely regular usage before people decide that it's unusable and delete the app, never trying to touch it again.

Any progress in fixing that bug? And maybe the other bug that some of us are experiencing wherein snaps are unable to send under certain circumstances?

Totally agree with you.. ESPECIALLY the viewing videos orientation issues as well.

Posted via CB10 on the Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3175
    07-01-14 02:33 AM
    The crash bug still needs to be fixed...

Posted via CB10
    07-01-14 02:40 AM
    What I find strange is that before the latest update the issue never came up and all videos that were recorded were fine no? (correct me if I'm wrong)

Posted via CB10
    07-01-14 04:57 AM
    What I find strange is that before the latest update the issue never came up and all videos that were recorded were fine no? (correct me if I'm wrong)

Posted via CB10
    You are correct.

Apple iPhone 5S | iOS 7.1.1
    07-01-14 05:11 AM

I agree with you too, but I feel like that could be another weird one for him to track down. I have yet to see that pop up for me and I've tried to stress the app to make it happen but haven't had any luck.

Some of these things just make me shake my head. I can't understand why these problems only hit a handful of people and hit them extremely hard to the point that it could make them consider the app unusable.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    07-01-14 06:46 AM
    I agree with you too, but I feel like that could be another weird one for him to track down. I have yet to see that pop up for me and I've tried to stress the app to make it happen but haven't had any luck.

Some of these things just make me shake my head. I can't understand why these problems only hit a handful of people and hit them extremely hard to the point that it could make them consider the app unusable.

How's this for timing: I was getting frustrated that I couldn't get that error so I started recording a video and just shook the hell out of my device for 10 seconds. That actually did it! After I cleared the message I tried to record another one with only movement and not the violent shaking and all 10 seconds recorded and I could send it off.

07-01-14 06:53 AM
    How's this for timing: I was getting frustrated that I couldn't get that error so I started recording a video and just shook the hell out of my device for 10 seconds. That actually did it! After I cleared the message I tried to record another one with only movement and not the violent shaking and all 10 seconds recorded and I could send it off.

Tried everything after reading that. Everything that might have mattered. Recording in dark light, and bright light. Recording without movement, slight movement, and violent movement. Recording with a lot of activity in the shot, and without any activity at all.

All of them resulted in the 1MB warning.

07-01-14 07:09 AM
    Tried everything after reading that. Everything that might have mattered. Recording in dark light, and bright light. Recording without movement, slight movement, and violent movement. Recording with a lot of activity in the shot, and without any activity at all.

All of them resulted in the 1MB warning.

I'm not sure if this will help you troubleshoot, but I also toggled on then back off the enhanced video recorder option before I got it to fail for the first time. I don't know why me shaking the device while capturing video would make a difference, I would like to think that the size of the information captured doesn't totally depend on the amount of motion picked up by the camera. But if you are having the same problem by recording in no light conditions where no motion can be picked up by the camera then something else has to be contributing as well that I haven't figured out yet.
    07-01-14 08:43 AM
    Love the app, but anyone else having trouble recording videos that aren't super pixely? Love being able to send them, but you usually can't see much detail haha
    07-01-14 01:38 PM
    I can't even send videos..

Posted via CB10
    07-01-14 02:34 PM
    Still crashing at launch. Did all the suggested steps, too. :/
    07-02-14 11:47 AM
    Is there a .bar file of the latest build? I deleted my snapchat and the beta is full so I can't re-download.
    The reason I deleted was because I tried changing my number of best friends and it wouldn't work. Then it changed to the maximum number and wouldn't change back. So I deleted

Posted via CB10
    07-02-14 08:50 PM
    Is there a .bar file of the latest build? I deleted my snapchat and the beta is full so I can't re-download.
    The reason I deleted was because I tried changing my number of best friends and it wouldn't work. Then it changed to the maximum number and wouldn't change back. So I deleted

Posted via CB10
    First page of this thread.
    07-02-14 09:22 PM
    Still crashing at launch. Did all the suggested steps, too. :/
    This step? Uninstall, reboot phone, then reinstall ?

Posted via CrackBerry App
    07-03-14 04:16 AM

Posted via CB10
    If you already got in before. Uninstall the app and reopen beta zone

07-03-14 04:16 AM
    So then you should make the app automatically stop recording right before the 1mb limit, instead of warning the user of the error and having to re-record the video.

Posted via CB10
    That's not possible in programming.

07-03-14 04:17 AM
    The crash bug still needs to be fixed...

Posted via CB10
    In what version are you in?

07-03-14 04:17 AM
    That's not possible in programming.

Well, anything is possible bit I guess it would be really difficult which is understandable. Maybe lower the quality so the error is less likely?

Posted via CB10
    07-03-14 10:27 AM
    Well, anything is possible bit I guess it would be really difficult which is understandable. Maybe lower the quality so the error is less likely?

Posted via CB10
    It's not really possible tracking the real time bytes. Knobtviker dev of whine confirmed this to me long time ago since I had that question before. Lowering the quality will even make the video terrible and for sure no one will ever record a video again.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-14 11:33 AM
6,941 ... 242243244245246 ...