Again, So far so good! Gonna keep testing!!

Posted From MY #SwagBerry ALL BLACK BlackBerry Z10! #TeamBlackBerry #BlackBerryGang #BlackBerryFaithful #BlackBerryLoyalty #BB10Swag #Z10
    05-19-14 01:05 AM
    So far so good after 4 hours. I haven't rebooted though to see if it still runs after that.

Posted via CB10 on the BlackBerry Z30
    05-19-14 02:02 AM
    Yeah headless stopped working for me even on 2.1

I opened it when I first installed it. Got the notifications that it was running in the background (get two of them at a time actually..)

Didn't touch the app for a few hours, just opened it again and got two more notifications saying it's running in the background.

These notifications don't occur if you close the app and open it soon after. So the headless must have stopped working.

I did NOT get any notifications saying that headless crashed or anything like that

Posted via CB10
    05-19-14 04:13 AM
    Headless was working fine until a camera glitch caused the app to crash, now it won't open from the hub after a reset

Having to open it from the app tray

Takes like 5 times to open as it always crashes upon start up and sometimes doesn't open at all, can the crashing issue please be resolved

Posted via CB10
    05-19-14 04:28 AM
    @NemOry how does one access the cache?
    05-19-14 04:31 AM
    Nem, is there any way to make the front flash brighter?

Posted via CB10
    05-19-14 07:48 AM
    For me s2c version 2.0.4.1 works great. Only limitation that I foound are : the procedure off/on auto refresh after rebooting the phone and if I open a new snap from the hub I have to manually refresh also viewing friends profiles bug. Anyway headless and hub works perfect. My device is Q10 running os 10.2.1.2947 leak.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-14 07:50 AM
    I don't know a lot in this field so I'm hoping to get some answers.
    What are the downsides to snapchat letting Nem run his app through their servers? Couldn't snapchat claim all the users are now part of their user base, which would increase their user base? More users, more revenue for them. It wouldn't be an overload on the server because if all of us switched to android or iOS or even a port, it would go through their server anyway. They wouldn't really have to invest much money into the app, as Nem is taking care of that.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-14 11:02 AM
    I don't know a lot in this field so I'm hoping to get some answers.
    What are the downsides to snapchat letting Nem run his app through their servers? Couldn't snapchat claim all the users are now part of their user base, which would increase their user base? More users, more revenue for them. It wouldn't be an overload on the server because if all of us switched to android or iOS or even a port, it would go through their server anyway. They wouldn't really have to invest much money into the app, as Nem is taking care of that.

Posted via CB10
    Well you would lose a lot of the BB10 specific touches that snat2chat brings. No more black theme, no custom title bar, no unlimited replays, no shoutbox. You would have to run their app which essentially would kill snap2chat, and wouldn't necessarily guarantee things like hub integration being available even with snapchat making their app available (though I'm sure people would push for it). Just because they don't want to develop for BlackBerry 10 doesn't mean they would be thrilled to have someone else developing an app on their behalf. It's probably less about the server load since we would show up there using snap2chat or snapchat for android just the same as we would if there was a snapchat for BlackBerry and more about their stand of not wanting to have any development for the BB10 platform. It's their app, and fully their call as to who they want using it. Thankfully there are a few people who have the ability to build apps and want to give users the apps they're asking for even if that means totally independently building them from the ground up. Of course, all this is total speculation on my part. I would love it for Nem to get some help to make snap2chat everything we all know it can be, but I don't think it's realistic for any of us to expect that help to come from snapchat. Sadly it's probably easier for them to send a letter saying "stop developing snap2chat" then it is for them to put any manpower towards their own BlackBerry 10 development or assisting any independent devs.
    Last edited by jzajac; 05-19-14 at 11:39 AM.
    05-19-14 11:14 AM
    Is there any way to make the front flash brighter?

Posted via CB10
    05-19-14 12:51 PM
    I'm running 10.3.0.296 and the new 2.1 beta. Headless works fine for me, but if I don't close and reopen the app after every snap I send, the app crashes when a try to send a second snap.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-14 12:55 PM
    Headless in v2.1 has been working perfect for me. OS 10.2.1

Posted via CB10
    05-19-14 03:29 PM
    I have a suggestion for the icon. I think the ghost emoticon in BBM is so cute! if BlackBerry allows you, it would be awesome if you replaced the current ghost icon with the one from BBM.
    05-19-14 05:39 PM
    Does no one else have problems with opening this app? Can't even get it to open now without crashing

Posted via CB10
    05-19-14 05:42 PM
    Is there any way to make the front flash brighter?

Posted via CB10
    Turn up screen brightness

Posted via CB10
    05-19-14 06:40 PM
    @NemOry how does one access the cache?
    Through the advanced settings in s2c

Posted via CB10
    05-19-14 06:40 PM
    Hello guys, I installed snap2chat and it was working fine but since they have implemented it with the hub, it has completely f*cked up my hub and now there are about 42 snap2chat accounts in my hub which has made it completely slow and my z10 heats up way too much. Even though I deleted snap2chat and restarted my phone took the battery off like million times but the accounts still exits there and the phone heats up too much, any help please?
    Official snap2chat - Native snapchat Client for BlackBerry 10 Beta Thread-img_20140520_015106.png

Posted via CB10
    05-19-14 07:56 PM
    Hello guys, I installed snap2chat and it was working fine but since they have implemented it with the hub, it has completely f*cked up my hub and now there are about 42 snap2chat accounts in my hub which has made it completely slow and my z10 heats up way too much. Even though I deleted snap2chat and restarted my phone took the battery off like million times but the accounts still exits there and the phone heats up too much, any help please?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140520_015106.png 
Views:	2155 
Size:	91.6 KB 
ID:	272052

Posted via CB10
    That's hilarious lol (sorry to laugh at your misfortune but that's a ton of snap2chats!)

What I did was:

1) restart
    2) deleted app and checked hub until they were gone (took about 10-15 seconds)
    3) when they were gone I reinstalled from beta zone

So far so good...

Posted via CB10
    Put you in the main thread for this app, please try looking.
    05-19-14 08:09 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140520_015106.png 
Views:	2155 
Size:	91.6 KB 
ID:	272052

Posted via CB10
    Wtffff that's so craazy.....
    05-19-14 08:38 PM
    Maybe people running leaked OS' shouldn't be testing ? Idk just seems like a crazy idea...testing a beta App on a Beta OS.

Posted via CB10
    sheailewis1 likes this.
    05-19-14 08:53 PM
    The new beta is running good for me. It's auto updating like it should and I get notified thru the HUB when a new snap comes in. Oh and running it Headless too.

Posted by a Proud NRA Supporter!
    05-19-14 09:25 PM
    NemOry,
    I have been running version 2.1.0.1 for 24 hours and no issues. Notifications are working fine and headless is running in background and has not crashed.
    theonecid likes this.
    05-19-14 09:39 PM
    Maybe people running leaked OS' shouldn't be testing ? Idk just seems like a crazy idea...testing a beta App on a Beta OS.

Posted via CB10
    Well Snap2Chat has been running perfectly for me since I loaded 10.3.0.296. No crashing, no headless problems.
    But then yeah, it could be a problem for those who don't leak, though the app should eventually be adjusted to 10.3, I guess.

BlackBerry Z10 | 10.3.0.296
    05-19-14 09:44 PM
    NemOry,
    I have been running version 2.1.0.1 for 24 hours and no issues. Notifications are working fine and headless is running in background and has not crashed.
    Same here Nem, 2.1.0.1 is pretty stable. The issues settle in when you enable hub integration for some reason it seems...
    05-19-14 10:02 PM

Posted via CB10
    Thing is even the developer, Nemory, is running that Beta OS lol
    05-19-14 10:04 PM
6,941 ... 212213214215216 ...