Woosh, 20% of my battery between 6:30AM and Noon. Does Snap2Chat have a "settling in" period like BB10 does?

I had a backlog of snaps since I haven't used Snapchat in... over a year now? Might be that?

Had to uninstall to save my battery for the day. I'll give it another try later.
    05-02-14 01:02 PM
    Just published Snap2Chat in Beta Zone. V2.0 with headless support. Try it guys. Will not show immediately maybe

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 01:33 PM
    Actually, you can set the snap to be viewable by the other party for 1 - 10 seconds, at which time it is automatically disabled.

The very fact that some users even have the option to save the snap and view it later (whether or not you can toggle this setting on and off) is enough to ruin this. It's a usage contract between the users of Snapchat: I'll send you a picture/video with the understanding that you will only have temporary access to it. This is KEY to the apps success.

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. The fact that you can review snaps forever essentially breaks this contract and completely ruins the point of the app.

Posted via CB10
    Anyone got a towel to cry on? lol

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 01:56 PM
    Just published Snap2Chat in Beta Zone. V2.0 with headless support. Try it guys. Will not show immediately maybe

Posted via CB10
    Can't wait to see it in the BZ

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 02:01 PM

Posted via CB10
    Cool. I'll check once in a while until it goes live.

Posted via Z69
    05-02-14 02:06 PM
    Zero problems, s2c only uses 0.44% battery headless and 1% when active

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 02:09 PM
    beta zone not available in my country

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 02:12 PM
    Mine doesn't use any battery when headless. Less than 2% for the whole day.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 02:40 PM
    dpends to you if you turn off replay feature then you won't ruin your fun. note, replay feature of snap2chat is only for snap2chat, setting replay feature in snap2chat doesn't mean your recipient can also replay your snaps forever.
    I have to say, I'm a bit disappointed with this answer from the dev.

This is equivalent to creating a third party BBM app and making D and R read-receipts optional. Sure you can turn them on, but by providing the option at all completely changes the nature of the app.

I digress.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 03:53 PM

This is equivalent to creating a third party BBM app and making D and R read-receipts optional. Sure you can turn them on, but by providing the option at all completely changes the nature of the app.

I digress.

Posted via CB10
    Don't like it don't use it.... you're literally the only person I know who has a problem with this? The option is there to disable, do it and stop moaning FGS

Posted via CB10
    AlexB1227 likes this.
    05-02-14 04:05 PM

I digress.

Posted via CB10
    You are aware that snapchat has the replay feature as well, correct? And that you could screen shot the pictures from way back when that app was first released? You could make the case that the developers of snapchat may not have had the foresight to predict people taking screen shots but there is really nothing they could do to prevent a standard phone feature from being used with their app being open. It has nothing to do with the behavior of the app. You sound like your concern should really be with the behaviors of the people using the app, people who app developers have zero ability to control. Please remember that this was not an app designed to handle confidential documents or government secrets. It's an app made to send a goofy picture with a message to a friend and receive them from friends in return. If this makes you unhappy I would recommend that you uninstall snap2chat and snapchat as you may not be the target audience for these applications.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    AlexB1227 likes this.
    05-02-14 04:10 PM

I digress.

Posted via CB10
    You have the option to turn that feature off. Seriously, why are you complaining? Turn it off.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 04:26 PM
    I have the latest BBW version but I lost all my feeds and friends. Jim

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 04:28 PM

I digress.

Posted via CB10
    I'm guessing you've never even used the original snapchat since it has the replay feature. Do this, contact SnapChat and tell them to remove the replay feature because it's ruining your fun. Once they do that, you can ask Nem to remove the replay feature because the original does not have it and we will see what he says.

Sounds fair right? If you don't want the replay feature you can disable it or not use SnapChat at all.
    05-02-14 04:43 PM

I digress.

Posted via CB10
    You give people too little they complain, you give people too much well..you become this guy

Posted via CB10
    mufc1 likes this.
    05-02-14 05:18 PM
    You give people too little they complain, you give people too much well..you become this guy

Posted via CB10
    Lololololololol

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 05:41 PM
    Hey Nem, I was just wondering if it would be possible for you to make the front flash any brighter? It's not very effective atm.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 06:11 PM
    Well, I rebooted my Z30 and now all friends and feeds magically work!!!! Jim

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 06:30 PM
    Hub support available in the beta zone!!

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 06:51 PM
    Snap2Chat v2.0 (with Hub Integration, Improved Headless) now available in Beta Zone: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/35142896

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 06:52 PM
    Just got the feeds and friends all empty issue after upgrading to v2.0 from the beta zone.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2947

Update: deleting and reinstalling snap2chat brought everything back.

Update 2: Bug found. When in the hub integration from snap2chat, clicking Compose brings back the empty feeds and friends. This bug is annoying.
    05-02-14 07:01 PM
    beta zone not available in my country

Posted via CB10
    Get the BAR and sideload it from here REQUEST : Beta Zone Bar file

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z10
    05-02-14 07:05 PM
    Official snap2chat - Native snapchat Client for BlackBerry 10 Beta Thread-splashq10.jpg

#Snap2Chat v2.0 (with Hub Integration, Improved Headless) now available in Beta Zone:

BlackBerry Beta Zone - BlackBerry World

I highly recommend deleting all Snap2Chat instances in your phone before you install this one.

Changes:

Hub Integration, Better Headless Implementation, New Graphics, Improvements and Bug Fixes, Warns Ungranted Permissions, Better Announcements Imlementation, Fixed Auto Deselecting Friends when about to send, Changing Refresh Interval doesn't require a Phone Restart anymore, Fixed Feeds & Friends not loading.

Bugs:
    * When you open a snap, it doesn't mark as Read in the Hub yet.
    * Feeds and Friends doesn't load in the hub if the app was opened first before opening any messages from the Hub.

This is a rushly made version. Please expect a lot of bugs too.

#teamblackberry #nemorystudios
    Last edited by NemOry; 05-02-14 at 07:34 PM.
    05-02-14 07:13 PM
    I didin't upload a bar file yet because i'ts not a stable version yet, but for those who can't get in beta zone, okay here's a dropbox mirror: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...at-2_0_0_1.bar

Thanks guys! :=
    05-02-14 07:23 PM
    Hey, would you prefer bug reports here, or through the Beta Zone?

Posted via Z69
    05-02-14 07:30 PM
6,941 ... 192193194195196 ...