Download count for Lite version is 5,000 so far. that's just 1st day. bb world is delayed in giving download counts.

for pro sales so far 5,100+

17,000+ users so far since snap2chat got flurry support.

! Thanks to everyone!!
    Nice numbers!

Is it better to wait and updating with BlackBerry World or just sideloading the headless bar?
    04-26-14 08:42 PM
    Download count for Lite version is 5,000 so far. that's just 1st day. bb world is delayed in giving download counts.

! Thanks to everyone!!
    That's amazing.. it's only been out for a couple days. Awesome job man. Hopefully you're finally making some much deserved money
    04-26-14 08:55 PM

! Thanks to everyone!!
    Very interesting how close those numbers are. So if lite version is 5,000, pro version is 5,100, and there are 17,000 users...does that mean an additional 6,900 sideloaded?

Posted with my BlackBerry Q10.
    04-26-14 09:00 PM
    Does anyone else have the same issue that I have? With the video snaps not playing but instead showing the camera feed?

If anybody knows how to fix it, it would be greatly apreciated.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 09:02 PM
    That's amazing.. it's only been out for a couple days. Awesome job man. Hopefully you're finally making some much deserved money
    That's only a count of one day too, so even more impressive.

04-26-14 09:06 PM
    Those are friend requests bro. Same with snapchat android and ios

Posted via BlackBerry 10.3
    Just realised that man, my bad! Keep up the good work

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 09:29 PM
    Even if that was the intent I had (which it isn't; like I said, I only bought the app to support the dev, and then used it to make an account), I wouldn't use this app to do so because screen shots aren't disabled. Sure, it may tell you they took one, but what good does that do?

Anyway, so your point is just to use one of the other million picture editors to capture and caption a pic, then send it via MMS or BBM, as the results are essentially the same?

EDIT: Also, does Snap Chat have any other purpose?
    Calm down there horse

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 09:33 PM
    Out of curiosity (don't need answer if you don't want to haha), how much revenue does BlackBerry get out of every sale?
    04-26-14 09:59 PM
    out of curiosity (don't need answer if you don't want to haha), how much revenue does blackberry get out of every sale?
    30% ?

Z10stl100-3/10.2.1.2141
    Iggy City likes this.
    04-26-14 10:01 PM
    30% ?

Z10stl100-3/10.2.1.2141
    Yup. 30%

Iggy City likes this.
    04-26-14 10:08 PM
    Once you agree to allow snap2chat to run headless...how do you disable it later? I do not see the option to change it unless i missed something.

Also to clarify, headless means that the app is still running in the background and is not essentially closed. How do we close it if needed to?
    04-26-14 10:15 PM
    Once you agree to allow snap2chat to run headless...how do you disable it later? I do not see the option to change it unless i missed something.

Also to clarify, headless means that the app is still running in the background and is not essentially closed. How do we close it if needed to?
    Settings, Security and Privacy, Application Permissions, select Snap2Chat, turn Run in Background off.

04-26-14 10:21 PM

Settings > Security and Privacy > Application Permissions > Snap2Chat > Run in Background > OFF....And you're good!

Currently, I turned it off because I'm new to SnapChat and have no friends at the moment. Most folks in Nigeria don't even know of SnapChat. Though, I'm enjoying the work Nem has put into this nice piece of app. UI is so ahead of its time!!! Havnt seen a bb10 native app this good. The "Built for BlackBerry" designation would be an understatement seriously. Something like "Built Ahead of BlackBerry" is more like it!!!

Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.2234 "the iPhone Nemesis"
    04-26-14 10:25 PM
    Settings, Security and Privacy, Application Permissions, select Snap2Chat, turn Run in Background off.

Thanks for explaining that to me, appreciate it. I was reading the thread a few posts ago and Nemory mentioned that running in the back headless takes less battery then active frame.

Do you agree?

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 10:31 PM
    Thanks for explaining that to me, appreciate it. I was reading the thread a few posts ago and Nemory mentioned that running in the back headless takes less battery then active frame.

Do you agree?

Posted via CB10
    No problem, that's what we're here for. Yes NemOry is right headless puts less strain on the battery than active frames.

04-26-14 10:38 PM
    Just a question, the bottom right icon in the camera screen is on for me, which I read somewhere means a new friend request, but when I click it I don't see anything new. Am I missing something?

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 11:00 PM
    Seriously BlackBerry need to hire you and pay you a 7 figure annually!
    I bought this in BBW but I'd pay for it 10 times over, its amazing.
    Can't wait to see what's planned for upcoming versions, multi user support? Video filters? Some kind of clean burning fuel car!
    This app is amazing!
    04-26-14 11:21 PM
    Seriously BlackBerry need to hire you and pay you a 7 figure annually!
    I bought this in BBW but I'd pay for it 10 times over, its amazing.
    Can't wait to see what's planned for upcoming versions, multi user support? Video filters? Some kind of clean burning fuel car!
    This app is amazing!
    Next are hub, multi accounts, bug fixes of course, better video quality, stickers, group contacts.

04-27-14 12:10 AM
    Just a question, the bottom right icon in the camera screen is on for me, which I read somewhere means a new friend request, but when I click it I don't see anything new. Am I missing something?

Posted via CB10
    Just needs some refresh maybe bro.

04-27-14 12:10 AM
    Does anyone else have the same issue that I have? With the video snaps not playing but instead showing the camera feed?

If anybody knows how to fix it, it would be greatly apreciated.

Posted via CB10
    Common and long ago and hard issue to fix. But will do my best to fix in future

04-27-14 12:12 AM
    Very interesting how close those numbers are. So if lite version is 5,000, pro version is 5,100, and there are 17,000 users...does that mean an additional 6,900 sideloaded?

Those difference numbers should be sideloaders absolutely. Since February sideloaders

04-27-14 12:13 AM
    Thanks so much to all.. numbers wouldn't be gmthat great without all of you

04-27-14 12:14 AM
    Those difference numbers should be sideloaders absolutely. Since February sideloaders

So 60% (a plurality) of current users got it from BlackBerry World in one days time, compared to 40% that sideloaded over a 3 month period.

That is pretty impressive. I do hope that the ratio of paid-lite version goes more in the direction of getting you paid. Knob can attest to a low ratio of downloaders of Whine donating $ to him. I wish the devs like you would get more financial backing from the community to show how appreciated (and needed) you guys are.

04-27-14 12:33 AM
    Common and long ago and hard issue to fix. But will do my best to fix in future

Thank you for your answer, it's refreshing to see a Dev so quick to answer and to improve his app.

You are the man Nem.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-14 12:56 AM
    Next are hub, multi accounts, bug fixes of course, better video quality, stickers, group contacts.

To be honest multiple accounts is probably very useless for snapchat.. I've never heard of anyone using multiple accounts nor do I see the pros of it.

Viewing videos needs major work and sending as well

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by rai187; 04-27-14 at 05:10 AM.
    hamzasalam and AndreyLepher like this.
    04-27-14 01:12 AM
6,941 ... 180181182183184 ...