Should change the title of this thread. Its not really about snap2chat anymore

Posted via CB10
    Yes it is. Most posts are Snap2Chat/Snapchat related.

Posted with my BlackBerry Q10.
    04-17-14 04:06 PM
    Can you just talk me through how bro? Whenever I long press the caption box to bring up the paste option, it deselects the caption box

Posted via CB10
    I find that when I tap the caption box and the circle appears I then long hold it again and the option to copy or paste shows up.. i usually do it after I have some writing already in the box and I'd like to add a smiley or something but I'll try to do it without anything actually written and see what happens for you man..

Posted From MY #SwagBerry ALL BLACK BlackBerry Z10! #TeamBlackBerry #BlackBerryGang #BlackBerryFaithful #BlackBerryLoyalty #BB10Swag #Z10
    04-17-14 05:05 PM
    I find that when I tap the caption box and the circle appears I then long hold it again and the option to copy or paste shows up.. i usually do it after I have some writing already in the box and I'd like to add a smiley or something but I'll try to do it without anything actually written and see what happens for you man..

Posted From MY #SwagBerry ALL BLACK BlackBerry Z10! #TeamBlackBerry #BlackBerryGang #BlackBerryFaithful #BlackBerryLoyalty #BB10Swag #Z10
    Ahhhh that's it! You need text in the field before you can select paste, thanks man

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 05:44 PM
    Ahhhh that's it! You need text in the field before you can select paste, thanks man

Posted via CB10
    I just did it without text either but I'm glad you figured it out man! Np thoo

Official snap2chat - Native snapchat Client for BlackBerry 10 Beta Thread-img_20140417_183538.png

Official snap2chat - Native snapchat Client for BlackBerry 10 Beta Thread-img_20140417_183630.png

04-17-14 07:38 PM
    I don't that you understand how it works.

Changing an apk into a bar takes the java in the android app and changes files to make it formatted properly for the BlackBerry android runtime.

A native app, such as snap2chat, is written in either html or c++ and possible cascades. (adobe air is being discontinued so I excluded it) it is not possible to convert BlackBerry native apps to an apk because the format is completely different, the entire app would need to be re-coded for android smartphones.

I can't think of a reasonable real-life comparison that would make sense, but that's how it works. BlackBerry makes it easy to port apps over, it is not possible with android.

Posted via CB10
    You can cut a fresh pineapple and can it, but you cannot take canned pineapple and make it into a fresh one.
    anon(5906760) and mithrazor like this.
    04-18-14 07:12 PM
    You can cut a fresh pineapple and can it, but you cannot take canned pineapple and make it into a fresh one.
    Perfect! lol that's a great comparison!

Posted via CB10
    04-18-14 08:05 PM
    I don't that you understand how it works.

Changing an apk into a bar takes the java in the android app and changes files to make it formatted properly for the BlackBerry android runtime.

A native app, such as snap2chat, is written in either html or c++ and possible cascades. (adobe air is being discontinued so I excluded it) it is not possible to convert BlackBerry native apps to an apk because the format is completely different, the entire app would need to be re-coded for android smartphones.

I can't think of a reasonable real-life comparison that would make sense, but that's how it works. BlackBerry makes it easy to port apps over, it is not possible with android.

Posted via CB10
    I understand now. I actually taught myself how to program in machine language way back in the mid 80's.

But with a re-write, it would be possible. :-)

Posted by a proud NRA supporter
    04-19-14 08:25 AM
    I understand now. I actually taught myself how to program in machine language way back in the mid 80's.

But with a re-write, it would be possible. :-)

Posted by a proud NRA supporter
    Exactly, so technically it would be possible. Just like how creating a desktop snapchat is possible. It would just need to be re-coded pretty much from scratch.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-14 08:36 AM
    I really wish you updated this to run headless!

Edit* 4000+ replies?!? Your app is really loved. Just show one us one more update lol
    04-20-14 02:49 AM
    No BlackBerry approval, no headless. I don't understand why people whine and don't read previous replies. It's rude just dropping the bomb like that.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-14 03:56 AM
    We do not have the power to get blackberry to approve it.. yet it's like we're being punished for that ... everything isn't about money. People actually make time to help others out and make their life better. It's not rude to ask a favor from someone, especially when they have received donations

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Hockey711; 04-20-14 at 09:43 AM.
    04-20-14 09:32 AM
    But it is rude to ask someone to do that favor and he or she does not have the power or authority to do it.
    I explained the mechanics of approving a headless app and why it will not work unless signed off by BlackBerry numerous times in this thread already.
    So it's not ok to ask before informing themselves at least a little bit.
    I truly believe that in time, while we all wait patiently, BlackBerry10 will become a desirable target of Snapchat and in that time I also believe Snap2Chat will more than ready.
    Repeating the same questions that have no working solution is not in our own best interest at all.
    Please, do no think about this post as an attack but as a way of improving collective knowledge of this community.

Posted via CB10
    Nemory Studios likes this.
    04-20-14 10:07 AM
    No BlackBerry approval, no headless. I don't understand why people whine and don't read previous replies. It's rude just dropping the bomb like that.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed

Posted via CB10
    04-20-14 11:02 AM
    Is there anybody who is close enough with Nem to either take over development or someone who is willing to get their own version of S2C going!? With iGrann & Whine in BBW we really are only missing this app.. I really hope someone steps up! I SO would if I could lol. This is probably my most used app and probably the most wanted app currently by BlackBerry users considering the other two are already available for us to DL.. #LOVEThisApp #Snap2ChatSwag

rai187 likes this.
    04-20-14 11:20 AM
    My Snap2chat isn't working anymore. I don't feel like deleting and sideloading it all the time, so I just deleted it :s

Loved the app though.. xx

Posted via CB10
    04-20-14 11:23 AM
    Is there anybody who is close enough with Nem to either take over development or someone who is willing to get their own version of S2C going!? With iGrann & Whine in BBW we really are only missing this app.. I really hope someone steps up! I SO would if I could lol. This is probably my most used app and probably the most wanted app currently by BlackBerry users considering the other two are already available for us to DL.. #LOVEThisApp #Snap2ChatSwag

Nem said he would only hand over development to someone he really trusts. Knob, what about you? Whine and Snap2Chat

Posted via CB10
    BBM_BlackBerry Moe likes this.
    04-20-14 11:23 AM

Posted via CB10
    Relax bro. I have read your precious posts including a lot of the previous posts. I would hardly call that a bomb . He also said he would consider updating it after he completed messenger.... I just wanted to give him a bit of inspiration to show how much I like the app.

T-Mobile Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2228 ?
    04-20-14 01:52 PM
    But it is rude to ask someone to do that favor and he or she does not have the power or authority to do it.
    I explained the mechanics of approving a headless app and why it will not work unless signed off by BlackBerry numerous times in this thread already.
    So it's not ok to ask before informing themselves at least a little bit.
    I truly believe that in time, while we all wait patiently, BlackBerry10 will become a desirable target of Snapchat and in that time I also believe Snap2Chat will more than ready.
    Repeating the same questions that have no working solution is not in our own best interest at all.
    Please, do no think about this post as an attack but as a way of improving collective knowledge of this community.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah dude I wasn't trying to attack anyone I just meant asking him to work on and update to help fix up these bugs since he stopped working on it. Didn't mean ask him to put it in bb world or make headless, just meant fix the bugs in a new version we could sideload. Everyone currently using it sideloaded it anyways so that's not really an issue. If he doesn't want too, that's cool but he has the power to make a lot of people happy by making an update, so maybe consider getting someone to take over?

Posted via CB10
    04-20-14 02:11 PM
    Yeah dude I wasn't trying to attack anyone I just meant asking him to work on and update to help fix up these bugs since he stopped working on it. Didn't mean ask him to put it in bb world or make headless, just meant fix the bugs in a new version we could sideload. Everyone currently using it sideloaded it anyways so that's not really an issue. If he doesn't want too, that's cool but he has the power to make a lot of people happy by making an update, so maybe consider getting someone to take over?

Posted via CB10
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, I cannot blame him if he would rather work on developing other apps that will make him money. If there is a path forward to getting Snap2Chat into BlackBerry World then I am sure he would gladly work on it more. The current app gets the job done for me and I believe has no expiration.

As to the turning it over to someone he trusts (Knob is the obvious candidate), whatever developer it would be would have to look into the issues Nem0ry is having with getting it approved and make a decision if it is worth their time and effort for a project that may not reach BlackBerry World.

04-20-14 02:28 PM
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, I cannot blame him if he would rather work on developing other apps that will make him money. If there is a path forward to getting Snap2Chat into BlackBerry World then I am sure he would gladly work on it more. The current app gets the job done for me and I believe has no expiration.

As to the turning it over to someone he trusts (Knob is the obvious candidate), whatever developer it would be would have to look into the issues Nem0ry is having with getting it approved and make a decision if it is worth their time and effort for a project that may not reach BlackBerry World.

Spare time hobby

Posted via CB10
    04-20-14 03:47 PM
    If he could stop the videos from zooming in the app would be fine.
    04-20-14 04:03 PM
    Nem said he would only hand over development to someone he really trusts. Knob, what about you? Whine and Snap2Chat

Posted via CB10
    I'm SO with the idea of @knobtviker holding it down for us.. AMAZING Dev!

04-20-14 05:54 PM
    the three most used apps on my phone are Snap2Chat, Whine and Igrann. Then it's your typical messaging apps whatsapp/bbm.

I'm thankful to those devs for making this my choice of phone otherwise I would have switched to Android.

Posted via CB10
    BBM_BlackBerry Moe likes this.
    04-20-14 11:29 PM
    Nem, have you seen this?

This guy is stealing potential customers and is ripping them off

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/52277887
    ?

Posted via CB10
    04-21-14 08:02 PM
    Nem, have you seen this?

This guy is stealing potential customers and is ripping them off

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/52277887