Noone can really expect him to be, but I think a lot of people really want headless cause it's the one thing I'm jealous of iPhone for when things pop right in the hub for example tinder

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 07:38 PM
    Seems were all missing the point here.

The reason Snap2Chat won't be accepted is because Nem made the BlackBerry team aware that it wasn't approved by Snapchat, even before he tried submitting it.

Posted via CB10
    /thread
    03-30-14 08:17 PM
    Renaming it or what ever rebranding will not make it to BlackBerry World. They know it's using unauthorized snapchat api so it really won't go through.

A hack I can do to fool the appworld team though, I can rebrand the app to some name like SnapGame, then the app has a little game inside, after they reviewed and approves it. I can send a server update to not show the game dialog again and make it straight to the real app.

A dirty hack to fool, but I think I can't do it

Posted via BlackBerry 10.3
    BryanVilla likes this.
    03-30-14 08:27 PM
    Well.. you posted your idea and intent for all to see.... so.... Probably not.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 09:55 PM
    Well.. you posted your idea and intent for all to see.... so.... Probably not.

Posted via CB10
    Anyone who would rat Nem out is a dame fool..... just saying

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 10:39 PM
    I think you should just try renaming and resubmitting. They basically said that they will only take it down if they knew it was against the terms and conditions.

If you submit and they allow it, it'll probably stay there. Snapchat probably doesn't even have a bb10 phone to check BlackBerry World!!

Posted via CB10
    vaioman and DiJu519 like this.
    03-30-14 11:07 PM
    /thread
    I think you should just try renaming and resubmitting. They basically said that they will only take it down if they knew it was against the terms and conditions.

If you submit and they allow it, it'll probably stay there. Snapchat probably doesn't even have a bb10 phone to check BlackBerry World!!

Posted via CB10
    Thank you, i'm not the only one who noticed how painfully obvious that email was.
    matt0135 likes this.
    03-31-14 12:05 PM
    Anyone who would rat Nem out is a dame fool..... just saying

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry reads this forum and probably this thread... just saying

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 01:37 PM
    BlackBerry reads this forum and probably this thread... just saying

Posted via CB10
    Glance at maybe, but at the moment I'd think they'd have more pressing issues to deal with... not saying snap2chat isn't important, but you know...

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 02:13 PM

Posted via CB10
    You do not need a BlackBerry 10 phone to check BlackBerry world. You can easily google the app then put 'BlackBerry' at the end and it will come up with it on blackberry's site. You can also view the applications on the website anyway.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 02:34 AM
    Is a headless version coming in soon?

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 06:43 AM
    You do not need a BlackBerry 10 phone to check BlackBerry world. You can easily google the app then put 'BlackBerry' at the end and it will come up with it on blackberry's site. You can also view the applications on the website anyway.

Posted via CB10
    It was a joke bro... lighten up...

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 07:35 AM
    Is a headless version coming in soon?

Posted via CB10
    I wish, check this thread everyday for this

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 11:30 AM
    #Messenger - A Native Facebook #Messenger for #BlackBerry 10. * Updated Screenshots and Info (Videos in action to follow) *

Official snap2chat - Native snapchat Client for BlackBerry 10 Beta Thread-bb-world-banner.jpg

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...r-bb10-915010/
    04-01-14 12:22 PM
    I'm going to reiterate my point one more time, because Nem immediately dismissed it.

Let's look at the wording in this email;

I know that for BlackBerry World, if we know that an app is not in compliance, we legally cannot allow it into the store
    Nem made the BB world team AWARE of the fact, prior to even submitting it. Why? No idea, maybe doing his part, but it backfired. Not only that but notice the word "know" is italicized. Seems like a hint to me.

If we don't explicity know about a violation,we find ourselves in a situation of plausible deniability...
    Originally i thought this was self explanatory, but maybe not. BlackBerry can't fish through EVERY app to make sure it's in compliance with whatever services it interacts with. They will comply with take down requests, but those are prompted by whoever feels their services are in violation. Therefore, by not being explicity informed, they find their selves in plausible deniability. Pretty much they can say "Well, how are we supposed to know. Sure we'll take it down then, thanks for bringing the issue to light".

Instead Nem, brought the issue to light before it was submitted. So, they can no longer claim plausible deniability, and would be liable as they have DOCUMENTED PROOF that they knew about "Snap2Chat". That's evident when stated below:

In this case, we definitely can't make the claim since the violation is very clearly known documented in electronic communications, and reviewed with Snapchat
    So, again; my original suggestion seems like the best case to getting your app in BB World; Rename and Reskin Snap2Chat, also submit it under a completely different app world account. Change anything in relation to you about it.

Also, who cares if BB reads the Crackberry forums, they can still claim Plausible deniability if Snap3Chat/SnipCheese/2Snappy2Chatty gets a takedown request.

Capish?
    04-01-14 12:37 PM
    I was just saying that if Nem decided to reskin and rename, he shouldn't post in this thread about it.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 01:24 PM
    I'm going to reiterate my point one more time, because Nem immediately dismissed it.

Nem made the BB world team AWARE of the fact, prior to even submitting it. Why? No idea, maybe doing his part, but it backfired. Not only that but notice the word "know" is italicized. Seems like a hint to me.

Originally i thought this was self explanatory, but maybe not. BlackBerry can't fish through EVERY app to make sure it's in compliance with whatever services it interacts with. They will comply with take down requests, but those are prompted by whoever feels their services are in violation. Therefore, by not being explicity informed, they find their selves in plausible deniability. Pretty much they can say "Well, how are we supposed to know. Sure we'll take it down then, thanks for bringing the issue to light".

Instead Nem, brought the issue to light before it was submitted. So, they can no longer claim plausible deniability, and would be liable as they have DOCUMENTED PROOF that they knew about "Snap2Chat". That's evident when stated below:

So, again; my original suggestion seems like the best case to getting your app in BB World; Rename and Reskin Snap2Chat, also submit it under a completely different app world account. Change anything in relation to you about it.

Also, who cares if BB reads the Crackberry forums, they can still claim Plausible deniability if Snap3Chat/SnipCheese/2Snappy2Chatty gets a takedown request.

Capish?
    Nem...Juliandil is right on the nose with this comment. It doesn't hurt to try. Please give it a shot, don't let all your awesome work be for nothing. (well, not for nothing, it is working great as a sideload)
    04-01-14 01:28 PM
    A real shame.... and the longer the app isn't allowed in BlackBerry World the less Nemory will work on it.

I think the renaming is the last ditch attempt to get this into BlackBerry World, and if that doesn't work then Nemory should just leave it as it is.

But don't give up yet!!!! People need this app! :P

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 01:33 PM

Capish?
    Awesome break down by the way :P

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 01:36 PM
    @julian. Thanks so much. I will indeed try once again, will make it anonymous.. but problem is how to market it. But anyway I will try.

04-01-14 01:47 PM
    @julian. Thanks so much. I will indeed try once again, will make it anonymous.. but problem is how to market it. But anyway I will try.

No problem dude.

Not sure what you're referring to when you say "Marketing", but your user base will find you, both through here, word of mouth, and probably the "Trending" area of BB World. If you are referring to the monetization of the app, well.. i'd maybe hold off on that. When you start charging money to use SnapChats servers without approval, then you're going to bring ALOT of unwanted attention.

Good luck, hope it works.

Edit:

On a comical note, the name 2Snappy2Chatty is growing on me LOL.
    04-01-14 02:27 PM
    Even if you got it in blackberry world i think it would run into legal trouble if you sold anything with it just cause it could get taken down at any moment

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 02:28 PM
    No problem dude.

Not sure what you're referring to when you say "Marketing", but your user base will find you, both through here, word of mouth, and probably the "Trending" area of BB World. If you are referring to the monetization of the app, well.. i'd maybe hold off on that. When you start charging money to use SnapChats servers without approval, then you're going to bring ALOT of unwanted attention.

Good luck, hope it works.

Edit:

On a comical note, the name 2Snappy2Chatty is growing on me LOL.
    What could be implemented is something like igrans donation method. Not sure how much revenue he's raking in though.

Posted via CB10 on my awesome new Z30!
    04-01-14 05:04 PM
    My thoughts exactly

However you did say it perfectly

Capish?

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 08:12 PM
    Is it possible to change the font on my snaps?

Also I find when I get snaps filmed landscape there is a grey bar any way to fix?

Lastly. I really do love this app and I hate snapchat for being c*nts about the ordeal. Keep it up Nem!

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 08:14 PM
6,941 ... 153154155156157 ...