Once I hear a good news I will get back to work on snap2chat. Fix the bugs. Really sorry guys

Posted via CB10
    I look forward to it.. you're app is amazing, sure there is some bugs but woah it is still lightyears ahead of the port!

I hated using snapchat because the port sucked so bad. Now I love using snapchat thanks to your app because of all the neat things I can do!

Posted via CB10
    03-22-14 01:23 AM
    So they refused because they don't want to add more servers?
    That is a lie. A crap answer. Because you already use their servers and they can't even feel the load on their side.
    Besides Snapchat uses Google App Engine and they pay and manage for their quota with or without BlackBerry users.
    This is a corporate play if you ask me.
    More pressure and weight should be applied by BlackBerry.
    Just my humble opinion.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-14 06:37 AM
    and they can't even feel the load on their side.

Posted via CB10
    That's what SHE said! Hahaha

Posted via CB10 app with my trusty Z10
    03-22-14 12:38 PM
    Pretty good app, just wish it worked properly on the q10. Photos are taken at the wrong aspect ratio, which is remedied by having the phone sideways. But even then it's not full resolution, people complain that there are black bars on the top, sides, and bottom.

The features are great, but that's a pretty core element that doesn't work. Too bad the dev doesn't have the willpower to fix that bug (and I don't blame him, this situation sucks).
    03-22-14 04:02 PM
    Pretty good app, just wish it worked properly on the q10. Photos are taken at the wrong aspect ratio, which is remedied by having the phone sideways. But even then it's not full resolution, people complain that there are black bars on the top, sides, and bottom.

The features are great, but that's a pretty core element that doesn't work. Too bad the dev doesn't have the willpower to fix that bug (and I don't blame him, this situation sucks).
    I have been running it for several months on the Q10, with no complaints from friends or family. There is always the Android SnapChat, which I used several times, but failed to see the same quality as Nem has provided.

I understand your gripe, but it's a free app. The developer has been working for free. The outstanding features of Snap2chat really outweigh a few minor issues that may exist with it. I believe Nem deserves only our applause for all that is right with it, and no complaints at this point for any bugs. Remember, he's working for free. It would do us all well to put ourselves in his shoes. If and when (hopefully) he's approved to post to BlackBerry World, that will be the time, IMHO, to request fixes and features after we support him with our downloads, referrals, and donations. He is a brilliant and motivated developer who cares about the community more than profits. Right now, he needs our encouragement to carry on. Cheers.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    03-22-14 05:58 PM
    Cant open most videos.
    03-23-14 12:02 AM
    Cant open most videos.
    Getting the same problem, especially with stories

Posted via CB10
    03-24-14 02:02 AM
    Just wondering when they will have headless support for this app also any way to give it all the Whatsapp emojis???
    03-24-14 03:41 AM
    I think its just because the app is designed for 16:9 aspect ratio
    03-24-14 03:43 AM
    Just wondering when they will have headless support for this app also any way to give it all the Whatsapp emojis???
    Headless will come if it is approved for BlackBerry World. Not until then, so if you want to see it sign that petition and let BlackBerry know you want it too!

As for emojis... meh? I haven't even thought of that one, only because I'm not an emoji kind of guy. I'm sure some people want them too so maybe they'll show up down the line. We won't see them unless this gets support from BlackBerry though so help Nem out and sign!

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    eddie carranza likes this.
    03-24-14 07:16 AM
    You guys need to keep in mind that the onus is on SnapChat to approve the app. BlackBerry have done what they can, but SnapChat wouldn't allow the app. Although I think the reason given was BS, there's only so much you can do as a corporation thanks to bureaucracy. As an individual, however, you could always try to petition SnapChat to give the app the green light. I've seen a few people here ask if they ought to tweet Brian Zubert, but really, you should be tweeting SnapChat and any appropriate employees (CEO Evan Spiegel is on Twitter, for example).
    03-24-14 10:23 PM
    @evanspiegel

Blow up his twitterrrrrr

Posted via CB10
    03-24-14 10:39 PM
    You guys need to keep in mind that the onus is on SnapChat to approve the app. BlackBerry have done what they can, but SnapChat wouldn't allow the app. Although I think the reason given was BS, there's only so much you can do as a corporation thanks to bureaucracy. As an individual, however, you could always try to petition SnapChat to give the app the green light. I've seen a few people here ask if they ought to tweet Brian Zubert, but really, you should be tweeting SnapChat and any appropriate employees (CEO Evan Spiegel is on Twitter, for example).
    I have to disagree. It seems that SnapChat never "allowed" independently developed apps so show up for Windows Phone, they just haven't asked for them to be shut down as they were made available for that app store. BlackBerry could still allow Snap2Chat in BlackBerry World, but they are the ones saying no. If SnapChat asked them to remove it from BlackBerry World then that would be the case. Right now I would still put the onus on BlackBerry to do everything it takes to make available the apps the customers want, even if that means pulling one out of BlackBerry World if they are asked to by SnapChat or anybody else. Apparently BlackBerry wants to try and close the app gap by allowing .apk usage, but they're putting their foot down when it comes to native apps built by the very customers they are trying to make happy.

hamzasalam likes this.
    03-24-14 11:59 PM
    That's not true. I know for a fact at least 1 was sanctioned and turned into an official app. I can only assume 2 things, wither Snapchat wants money or they favor WP.

Posted via CB10
    JAS0NB0URNE likes this.
    03-25-14 02:30 AM
    Convert it to apk and Upload it to Googleplay instead :-). I'd rather use yours (downloaded via snap) then the original Snap chat anyway.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 03:44 AM
    Convert it to apk and Upload it to Googleplay instead :-). I'd rather use yours (downloaded via snap) then the original Snap chat anyway.

Posted via CB10
    It's not that simple unfortunately, apps don't just convert to android, they need to be recoded.

And they would probably have the same legal issues on the Google play store as well. (mind you, Google play does not enforce rules very well)

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 08:07 AM
    That's not true. I know for a fact at least 1 was sanctioned and turned into an official app. I can only assume 2 things, wither Snapchat wants money or they favor WP.

Posted via CB10
    If at least one was sanctioned, then that means others were not (at least initially) and still found their way to the marketplace, no?

I can't imagine that WP would be viewed as a better option unless you are right in assuming money is involved... and let's face it, money is always involved.

03-25-14 10:14 AM
    So there's no way I'm going to be able to look through this entire thread and searching didn't come up with anything, so I'll ask. I have a Q10, and every image I either take with the snap2chat camera or load from the library is crooked. I'm forced to try and correct this using the 2 finger rotation gesture, but I can never get it quite right. Am I the only one seeing this? Is there an easy way to fix it? I'd actually rather not have this available, as I can't imagine ever wanting to do this.
    Other than that this app is fantastic. It towers above the official Android app.
    03-25-14 03:43 PM
    I have to disagree. It seems that SnapChat never "allowed" independently developed apps so show up for Windows Phone, they just haven't asked for them to be shut down as they were made available for that app store. BlackBerry could still allow Snap2Chat in BlackBerry World, but they are the ones saying no. If SnapChat asked them to remove it from BlackBerry World then that would be the case. Right now I would still put the onus on BlackBerry to do everything it takes to make available the apps the customers want, even if that means pulling one out of BlackBerry World if they are asked to by SnapChat or anybody else. Apparently BlackBerry wants to try and close the app gap by allowing .apk usage, but they're putting their foot down when it comes to native apps built by the very customers they are trying to make happy.

A tech giant like Microsoft might be willing to take the risk (although for all we know, all of the 3rd-party apps on WP may have been approved by SnapChat, though I doubt it), but BlackBerry is in a pretty difficult position right now. I doubt they want to take similar risks at the moment. I certainly think it'd be much easier to convince SnapChat to budge than it would be to convince BlackBerry to break the rules - SnapChat has a lot less to lose.
    03-25-14 04:53 PM
    So there's no way I'm going to be able to look through this entire thread and searching didn't come up with anything, so I'll ask. I have a Q10, and every image I either take with the snap2chat camera or load from the library is crooked. I'm forced to try and correct this using the 2 finger rotation gesture, but I can never get it quite right. Am I the only one seeing this? Is there an easy way to fix it? I'd actually rather not have this available, as I can't imagine ever wanting to do this.
    Other than that this app is fantastic. It towers above the official Android app.
    Hold the phone sideways, it'll take a vertical photo (at least it does on my q10). You'll need to zoom it in, though.
    bibbula likes this.
    03-25-14 06:22 PM
    The app has logged me out and won't log me back in. No error. Snapchat has blocked it?

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 05:37 AM
    My Snap2Chat is working great. Maybe try a reinstall?

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 07:52 AM
    The app has logged me out and won't log me back in. No error. Snapchat has blocked it?

Posted via CB10
    Go to OP on the front page of this thread and see if you are on the latest version

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 09:23 AM
    Any updates in the works?

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 12:03 PM
    Any updates in the works?

Posted via CB10
    It's pretty safe to assume there won't be any more updates unless SnapChat and BlackBerry find some common ground sometime soon. Until then just enjoy the version of the app you have, as it might be all there is for a while.
    03-26-14 12:50 PM
6,941 ... 151152153154155 ...